Obama will not be reelected

not even close?

wtf???

are you suggesting that bowing IS OK, but it somehow becomes not OK if the angle between your torso and vertical is greater than some preset number of degrees? and what IS that number, btw?

Nixon bowed to the POPE, and nobody said shit.

Ike bowed to a fucking obnoxious FRENCHMAN and nobody said shit.

faux outrage from the wacko right.... nothing more.:razz:

You see where Nixon's eyes are?
Now what is Obama looking at?

I'm sure someone will call it nit-picking, but there is some validity in the posture of the bow. You can't really say Nixon is 'bowing'. It looks like more of a half gesture. There is NO question that Obama is bowing and making sure that his head is lower. That does matter in that culture. But again, I'm pretty sure that it will go unrecognized.

And for the record, when Nixon bowed and Ike bowed, there was no USMESSAGEBOARD. So who knows what "shit" was said???

Oh, I see - the fact that Nixon had phlebitis in his leg during that trip means he is more acceptable?

After seeing how dangerous the looney right is and how much they hate, he may not want to.

Republicans are like that nasty redneck family that came to visit for a day and stayed a week. After clogging the drains, breaking the toilet, stripping the paper off the walls, spilling beer everywhere, leaving burning cigarette butts on the floor and selling off the furniture, they became outraged when you asked them to leave.

After Republicans trashed the economy, the justice system, the educational system, the health care system, foriegn policy and starting two wars, they became "outraged" when asked to leave. How do such people handle such "outrage"? Many times, with guns. That's why they are looney.

Click on the link at the bottom of the short article for a list of the 'dark horses'.

RealClearPolitics - GOP Dark Horses for 2012
Absolutely an interesting list. Notably missing was Haley Barbour, Gov of Mississippi, a very competent administrator, smart, down to earth, and a savvy politician, and tough when faced with adversity; he was re-elected to a second term as governor.

In his campaign for a second term as Governor Barbour received four notable Democratic endorsements, including Xavier Bishop, Mike Espy, Brad Dye, and Bill Waller. Bill Waller and Brad Dye are conservative Democrats who served as Governor and Lt. Governor of Mississippi. Xavier Bishop is a long-time Democratic activist and the Democratic Mayor of Moss Point. Mike Espy is a former Democratic Congressman from the 2nd District of Mississippi and served as Secretary of Agriculture under President Bill Clinton. He noted Governor Barbour's competency and character as reasons for his endorsement.

Haley Barbour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

After seeing how dangerous the looney right is and how much they hate, he may not want to.

Republicans are like that nasty redneck family that came to visit for a day and stayed a week. After clogging the drains, breaking the toilet, stripping the paper off the walls, spilling beer everywhere, leaving burning cigarette butts on the floor and selling off the furniture, they became outraged when you asked them to leave.

After Republicans trashed the economy, the justice system, the educational system, the health care system, foriegn policy and starting two wars, they became "outraged" when asked to leave. How do such people handle such "outrage"? Many times, with guns. That's why they are looney.

whats your point?

Click on the link at the bottom of the short article for a list of the 'dark horses'.

Absolutely an interesting list. Notably missing was Haley Barbour, Gov of Mississippi, a very competent administrator, smart, down to earth, and a savvy politician, and tough when faced with adversity; he was re-elected to a second term as governor.

In his campaign for a second term as Governor Barbour received four notable Democratic endorsements, including Xavier Bishop, Mike Espy, Brad Dye, and Bill Waller. Bill Waller and Brad Dye are conservative Democrats who served as Governor and Lt. Governor of Mississippi. Xavier Bishop is a long-time Democratic activist and the Democratic Mayor of Moss Point. Mike Espy is a former Democratic Congressman from the 2nd District of Mississippi and served as Secretary of Agriculture under President Bill Clinton. He noted Governor Barbour's competency and character as reasons for his endorsement.

Barbour would be a great candidate...but if you think they railed Palin, just wait til they start gnawing on a robust, rosey cheeked good ol' boy from MS.

I have kept up with Haley...he's too "southern" for right leaning dems.

You see where Nixon's eyes are?
Now what is Obama looking at?

I'm sure someone will call it nit-picking, but there is some validity in the posture of the bow. You can't really say Nixon is 'bowing'. It looks like more of a half gesture. There is NO question that Obama is bowing and making sure that his head is lower. That does matter in that culture. But again, I'm pretty sure that it will go unrecognized.

And for the record, when Nixon bowed and Ike bowed, there was no USMESSAGEBOARD. So who knows what "shit" was said???

Oh, I see - the fact that Nixon had phlebitis in his leg during that trip means he is more acceptable?

yeah...that's it....(whatever)

Barbour would be a great candidate...but if you think they railed Palin, just wait til they start gnawing on a robust, rosey cheeked good ol' boy from MS.

I have kept up with Haley...he's too "southern" for right leaning dems.
I know, and I saw that back when he was RNC chair, they beat up on him constantly, but he gave better than he got, in every exchange. He's very cool, and best of all after the ManChild-president, a genuine adult.

You have to admire how the GOP so quickly gets into lock step with every silly thing they can find on Obama? No faked birth certificates to peddle today?

My favorite reaction to this so far is here:
Yup, that's the president of the United States of America bowing to a foreign leader. Looks like it's just about time to pack it up, America.
I don't really have the words to sum up the outrage we should feel

GOPToast: Obama bows to foreign leaders

Yes, just about time to pack it up America, with your incredible outrage. Let you get upset about something, well, real.

You should check out this doofus' article on this if you haven't already. It's got just about everything except the birth certificate crap:

PRUDEN: Obama bows, the nation cringes - Washington Times

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
You have to admire how the GOP so quickly gets into lock step with every silly thing they can find on Obama? No faked birth certificates to peddle today?

My favorite reaction to this so far is here:
Yup, that's the president of the United States of America bowing to a foreign leader. Looks like it's just about time to pack it up, America.
I don't really have the words to sum up the outrage we should feel

GOPToast: Obama bows to foreign leaders

Yes, just about time to pack it up America, with your incredible outrage. Let you get upset about something, well, real.

You should check out this doofus' article on this if you haven't already. It's got just about everything except the birth certificate crap:

PRUDEN: Obama bows, the nation cringes - Washington Times

:lol::lol::lol:
Wes Pruden writes commentary with arcerbic humor and wit, something the left doesn't have a monopoly on. Nothng wrong with that - Here is a small taste and the worst of what he wrote about Obama's bow to the Emperor of Japan:

"Several Internet sites published a rogue's gallery showing how other national leaders - the prime ministers of Israel, India, Slovenia, South Korea, Russia and Dick Cheney among them - have greeted Emperor Akihito with a friendly handshake and an ever-so-slight but respectful nod (and sometimes not even that).

Now we know why Mr. Obama stunned everyone with an earlier similar bow to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, only the bow to the Japanese emperor was far more flamboyant, a sign of a really deep sense of inferiority.

But Mr. Obama, unlike his predecessors, likely knows no better, and many of those around him, true children of the grungy '60s, are contemptuous of custom. Cutting America down to size is what attracts them to "hope" for "change." It's no fault of the president that he has no natural instinct or blood impulse for what the America of "the 57 states" is about. He was sired by a Kenyan father, born to a mother attracted to men of the Third World and reared by grandparents in Hawaii, a paradise far from the American mainstream."

Obama bowed to a foreign leader. Unbelievable.

I voted for him but I never dreamed he would be a bower.

There is no way he will be re-elected. There is no room for a bowing US President

Bowing is showing respect for another leader. Americans should not be showing respect to anyone. If you are not an American you do not deserve respect.

If you show respect for other leaders and countries, the next you know they start respecting Obama and the USA. We don't want that.

We want the countries of the world to not show us respect like when Bush was President.

Fantub provide valuable info about Obama being a bower.

Obama bowed to a foreign leader. Unbelievable.

I voted for him but I never dreamed he would be a bower.

There is no way he will be re-elected. There is no room for a bowing US President

Bowing is showing respect for another leader. Americans should not be showing respect to anyone. If you are not an American you do not deserve respect.

If you show respect for other leaders and countries, the next you know they start respecting Obama and the USA. We don't want that.

We want the countries of the world to not show us respect like when Bush was President.

Fantub provide valuable info about Obama being a bower.

care to explain to us why the Emperor didn't bow back?

Because traditionally, the Emperor bows to no one. His nod was his version of a bow or rather a sign of respect.

This all goes back to their state religion, Shintoism.

Because traditionally, the Emperor bows to no one. His nod was his version of a bow or rather a sign of respect.

This all goes back to their state religion, Shintoism.

not sure why Obama bowed to the Emperor if his religion isn't Shinto or why Bush bowed to the Pope if he's not a Catholic.

not sure why Obama bowed to the Emperor if his religion isn't Shinto or why Bush bowed to the Pope if he's not a Catholic.

Because of the customs of Japan in general is why Obama bowed. Not only was he the emperor but he was a elder too. As for Bush and the Pope, I dunno.

But the Emperor doesn't bow because of their state religion. Before our occupation, the Emperor was seen as a God-like figure and you weren't even suppose to make eye contact with the man. Nor shake his hand. Douglas MacArthur changed that.

Last edited:

Because of the customs of Japan in general is why Obama bowed. Not only was he the emperor but he was a elder too. As for Bush and the Pope, I dunno.

i'm not the president and i would bow to NO ONE. unless at gunpoint.

Forum List

Back