Obama will lose the debate tonight, but......

lol...

Romeny Medicare plan:.....voucher system for people who are NOW 55 and younger.....no change whatsoever to those currently over 55.

Obama Meidcare plan:..... take money from it and then leave it as it is even though it is heading toward a zero balance.

Would LOVE for that to be part of the debate.

47%....continue to play on that...its about all you got and it is nothing more than a gaffe....have fun with it.

Don't we have to do something to save medicare? Where's Obama's bright ideas?

While medicare itself is not the topic at hand it is relevant to the debate to assume that current retirees are not that eager to see their middle-aged children screwed out of something they have paid into their entire lives.
Don't we have to do something to save medicare? Where's Obama's bright ideas?

Start a topic on medicare and maybe I will be along to comment, in the meantime, it is a third rail that Romney will be asked to comment on this evening at his own peril. There are lots of various plans and ideas out there but none of them are as sexy to republicans as the harsh and incredibly shortsighted "take a chainsaw to it" approach they seem to favor. Medicare is not the horrible crisis requiring extreme measures they love to make it out to be, cooler heads will fix it without the unintended consequences republicans refuse to acknowledge in their hunt for ways to pay for further tax cuts for the wealthy.

The media will declare victory for him. Book it!

The only thing you can book is that people like you have already decided Obama lost before the debate has even taken place. So your blatant bias has just made any opinion you have about the debate worthless.

Romney could lapse into a catatonic state and drool on himself and you would declare him the winner.

Obama could pick his nose and vomit on this shoes and his rabid supporters would declare him the winner.

These are the ONLY things we know going in.

Everything else is a false premise.

Last edited:
So what circumstances/indicators would cause a person on the left to say "Obama lost"?

Same question for the righ - "Romney lost?

For instance - as much as I can't stand Ann Coultler - she handed it to Woopie and company the other day when presenting her book (See thread in politics). The other women had little fact presentation and were obviously not aware of the content within her book. I give that little debate to Ann C. even though I would have loved to see otherwise.

Romney is bringing Zingers.

Obama is bringing something else.

whoopass.jpg

No matter what happens, you Teatards will still stomach a vote for the moderate former blue state Gov.

Of course they will. And Libberhoids in here will be cumming all over themselves.

The most interesting day will be post-election morning.

Many will be logged off.... jumping off buildings. On suicide watch, etc.

Glory days will be here soon.

So says a very ignorant but card-carrying member of the 47%.

:lol::lol:

I won't be watching it anyway. I don't need to hear any more of obama's lies and I already know who I'm voting for.

And that is exactly why at this point this debate means little. Most have already made up their mind.

President Obama 269 Governor Romney 181

Watch The Full Program | Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

The President leads in 5 of the 7 tossup states. At present, he needs one electorial vote to win. The Governor needs 89. Either Romney knocks it out of the park in about 2 hours, or the President will have another 4 years.

Of course they will. And Libberhoids in here will be cumming all over themselves.

Hey Warts, gonna remind you of this:badgrin:

Hope you got to watch it, Rocko. I actually heard most of it and was impressed with the civility by both parties. Please empty your file folder. I got a return receipt that said my pm was undeliverable due to a full mailbox. :D

That said, thanks for a very good thread.

So says a very ignorant but card-carrying member of the 47%.

:lol::lol:
Luddly, you are talking to a very brave American fighting man, and you may have a slightly skewed view of who owes who what. Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

Truth be told Obama is not that good at debating with his rather cerebral responses but in the end Romney is going to come off like a prick and that can only hurt him when the discussion turns to medicare/SS. "Winning" a public debate such as this depends on the ability to use the tools of populism effectively and Romney is just awful at that, there is no way he is going to convince anyone that he gives a fuck about the 47%rabble.

Truth be told, Obama has never had a thought of his own. Without a teleprompter feeding him lines, Obama is lost, which is always clear in the debates.

Obama is a sockpuppet.

Last edited:
And that is exactly why at this point this debate means little. Most have already made up their mind.

The President leads in 5 of the 7 tossup states. At present, he needs one electorial vote to win. The Governor needs 89. Either Romney knocks it out of the park in about 2 hours, or the President will have another 4 years.

Ah, so you agree that Romney had a much better showing, leaving you with nothing but to pout "the debates mean nothing..."

{Mitt Romney has posted gains in the 12 swing states that will be critical in determining the outcome of the 2012 election, according to a Purple Insights poll released Wednesday.

The new poll shows Romney with small leads in three of the biggest swing states on the map — Florida, Ohio and Virginia. Those three states have a total of 60 electoral votes. }

Poll: Romney posts gains in swing states [Florida, Ohio and Virginia]

And that was BEFORE the debate.

I won't be watching it anyway. I don't need to hear any more of obama's lies and I already know who I'm voting for.

After last night's beating, those numbers will change. And not in Obama's favor either.

After last night's beating, those numbers will change. And not in Obama's favor either.

The question is whether it will be enough.

I'm giving Romney Florida, Virginia, and Wisconsin, which still leaves him losing the election.

Romney MUST win North Carolina and Ohio. Okay, he could pick up NC, maybe. But Ohio doesn't look good. And remember, most of the dolts who will vote for Obama aren't going to watch a debate any more than they would read a book.

Forum List

Back