Obama Will Lose In 2012

Without their BOOOOSH Boogeyman around,the Democrats have nothing to run on. There have been no successes. In fact they've only made things so much worse. Future generations will be living with their disastrous failures for a very very long time. No BOOOOOOOSH = No Win for the Hopey Changey One & Democrats.

I predict a return of the "Misery Index" as inflation and unemployment reach double digit rates. If so, he is toast.

Without their BOOOOSH Boogeyman around,the Democrats have nothing to run on. There have been no successes. In fact they've only made things so much worse. Future generations will be living with their disastrous failures for a very very long time. No BOOOOOOOSH = No Win for the Hopey Changey One & Democrats.

Hell, its good to see neither of you let anything like a little research into the situation divert you from your partisan agenda.

Fuckin' Lemmings.

I predict a return of the "Misery Index" as inflation and unemployment reach double digit rates. If so, he is toast.

Hell, its good to see neither of you let anything like a little research into the situation divert you from your partisan agenda.

Fuckin' Lemmings.

You got arguments, hair boy?

2011-04-12-humor-toon2.jpg

Fuckin' Lemmings.

:eusa_eh:

Yeah. A couple of pages back.

:eusa_hand:

But don't let reading anything distort your opinion.

Parroting FNC talking points looks like all you're capable of.

Fuckin' Lemmings.

Translation: No I don't. I just post worthless opinions because it makes me feel good.

Translation: No I don't. I just post worthless opinions because it makes me feel good.

Since early Alzheimers, no doubt a side effect of constant FNC watching, has made you incapable of keeping up with anything that doesn't appear on the same page of the thread in which your posting, charity dictates that I do it for you:

Don't bother.

Reality doesn't matter to these folks.

You say Clinton came in with a surplus..using the same scoring done for decades, they will find numbers to dispute that..until they need to same method to show their guy is doing well.

You say unemployment is going down..they will point out the fact that the scoring method doesn't take into accounting people not going on unemployment..completely forgetting that the same thing REALLY happened during the Bush admininstration.

You say that polls indicate that people really wanted something to be done with health care..they will point out that people are unhappy with the legislation that came out and completely discount that a good number of people in those "unhappy" columns wanted single payer.

They don't deal with reality.

Thought you were done, you sad sack of silliness.

The polls indicate that people are horrified with the direction of the Obamanoids.

Sorry, I haven't read back through the thread to discover what poll you're referencing.

Um, which would that be?

I'd love to find any evidence that "people are horrified" was true, but I cannot. Nor can I find any evidence to support the claim that a president's popularity after 800 days in office is any predictor of their re-electability.

I can find evidence from a nicely interactive source I'd recommend to anyone that has any interest in comparing Obama with other individual modern presidents and the average popularity of them:

Presidential Job Approval Center

It shows that while Obama is not the most popular president, his popularity has closely followed Carter's, Reagan's, and Clinton's during the same comparative times in office (800 days).

Interestingly, Bush Sr. was Wildly Popular after 800 days in office: But this obviously had nothing to do with the election results in November 1992.

Last edited:
IOW you agree with my initial post where I commented that polls can change wildly.
Thanks for that. I expect a pos rep from you.

My later point was that if inflation and unemployment get higher the GOP needs to dust off the "Misery Index" and win the election. You surely remember the "Misery Index", right?
And how is that a talking point?

IOW you agree with my initial post where I commented that polls can change wildly.

My later point was that if inflation and unemployment get higher the GOP needs to dust off the "Misery Index" and win the election. You surely remember the "Misery Index", right?

Hell, it was a talking point for almost the entire Reagan Administration, and I think Hannity has the phrase tattooed like a tramp stamp across the top of his ass.

Last edited:

Hell, it was a talking point for almost the entire Reagan Administration, and I think Hannity has the phrase tattooed on a butt cheek.

So you ignore the rest of my post.
Any proof it is a talking point? I mean, it won Reagan the election. It is also true. Just because it is a talking point doesn't negate its validity.
So you think not making an issue of a high inflation and unemployment rate is the way for the GOP to win elections?

And I am not familiar with Hannity's (or anyone else's) butt cheek the way you obviously are.

Hell, it was a talking point for almost the entire Reagan Administration, and I think Hannity has the phrase tattooed on a butt cheek.

So you ignore the rest of my post.
Any proof it is a talking point? I mean, it won Reagan the election. It is also true. Just because it is a talking point doesn't negate its validity.
So you think not making an issue of a high inflation and unemployment rate is the way for the GOP to win elections?

And I am not familiar with Hannity's (or anyone else's) butt cheek the way you obviously are.

I just have a vivid imagination.:redface:

No, I was digging through page #3 of this tread to verify if your "intital post commented that the polls can change wildly:"

Two years is a long time. If the economy had not gone bad during the campaign I suspect McCain would be president. He was consistently gaining in the polls. Then the economy became a big issue and he was totally inept. Palin didn't help that.
So if we get $5/gal gas and 8-10% inflation on top of 9% unemployment it will be Jimmy Carter redux. Carter lost to Reagan in the face of a really bad economy and incompetence in foreign policy.
In that scenario Edwin Edwards could beat Obama, much less some of the great candidates we're seeing emerge now.

I don't see anything about "Polls changing wildly." And I certainly see no evidence presented to support the assertation, even if it was implied.

If you mean that no one can predict the future, well, then thank you Captain Obvious.

2012 is going to come down to:

Tax The Rich (Obama) vs. Limited Government and Restrained Spending (if the GOP picks the right candidate).

I don't think the Class Warfare Meme is going to work with continuing high unemployment, $4+ per gallon gas and food inflation eating away at the middle and working classes. People want jobs the jobs created by economic growth, and to not see their standards of living eaten away by government fostered inflation.

The Obamanoids also have grossly optimistic GDP growth forecasts in their plan, which are going to "unexpectedly yet again" disappoint.

2012 is going to come down to:

Tax The Rich (Obama) vs. Limited Government and Restrained Spending (if the GOP picks the right candidate).

I don't think the Class Warfare Meme is going to work with continuing high unemployment, $4+ per gallon gas and food inflation eating away at the middle and working classes. People want jobs the jobs created by economic growth, and to not see their standards of living eaten away by government fostered inflation.

The Obamanoids also have grossly optimistic GDP growth forecasts in their plan, which are going to "unexpectedly yet again" disappoint.

As long as Obama restrains himself from playing outside the role of empty suit, he'll do just fine.

Ironically, this is how Bush won his second term.

Obama won in 2008 due to a disharmonic convergence of the Financial Crisis, Bush Fatigue, War Fatigue, and McCain's uninspiring campaign...and the fact that his virtual lack of a record enabled him to spin a fantasy regarding how he would heal the planet.

This time around, he'll be running on a record, and it's quite ugly to many of the moderates who supported him in 2008.

Actually, the elephant in the room is Obama's complete and utter unsuitability to lead the U.S. in times of war and economic turmoil (or any other time for that matter).

Obama won in 2008 due to a disharmonic convergence of the Financial Crisis, Bush Fatigue, War Fatigue, and McCain's uninspiring campaign...and the fact that his virtual lack of a record enabled him to spin a fantasy regarding how he would heal the planet.

This time around, he'll be running on a record, and it's quite ugly to many of the moderates who supported him in 2008.

No more ugly than Bush's record for 2004.

Actually, the elephant in the room is Obama's complete and utter unsuitability to lead the U.S. in times of war and economic turmoil (or any other time for that matter).

His popularity now, after 800 days, is no different than was Reagan, Clinton, Bush(jr), or Carter.

You'll need another tune to dance to.

New Topics

Forum List

Back