Obama will have to run on his record

Newt's smart no doubt. But he's also a pompous ass that has a tendency to overplay his hand. He lost big time in his gambit to shutdown the government.

And Obama is arrogant and over confident.

But again, woithout the spin, Obama cannot win a debate.

And Newt will not let him use spin.

And I disagree and think Obama can out-debate anyone on that Stage. Those without grasp of history, those who are promoting Conservatism and have Liberal service records, those who are so partisan and divisive that they've shut down Government....

And Obama should make Newt answer for having been a former proponent of MUCH that's in the current healthcare law, and flip-flopped on it as the majority of Republicans who served that far back have.

And if the gloves come off with the Ayers shit, I think Newt's background is a lot harder to explain than Obama's. Obama surrounded himself with the local train to advance his political career at the time . . he wasn't joyous hand-holding friends with Ayers who suddenly somehow adopted his views of Terrorism and shit which, that's the bare bones of why it would even fucking matter.....he was just looking to get a bone and move up as a young man in the grimy world that is politics, which Newt is not apart from but quite the contrary.

Newt, on the other hand, if he wants to bring up backgrounds..................pppffffftttt. Be serious bro. How many wives? How many Adulterous acts? Married a Teacher at age 19 to avoid the draft, yet is a chickenhawk? Present divorce papers to a wife on her hospital bed fighting cancer? The rubber-checks he wrote in '92 which cost him re-election? GOPAC?

I'd like video of Newt being challenged face to face with an intelligent person in debate.

Are you implying that Newt is not intelligent?

Curious...do you see Mitt, Cain, Santorum, Bachmann as not intelligent?

I intentionally left out Perry becuase I am having trouble identifying signs of intelligence in him.

I think they all have their own type of intelligence. Bachmann I'd be on the fence about.

No, to your question about Newt. That's not what I was implying. I was implying that I'd like to see how he reacts when his ideas are challenged by a person of intelligence, given his shoddy background of personal character issues.

And I disagree and think Obama can out-debate anyone on that Stage. Those without grasp of history, those who are promoting Conservatism and have Liberal service records, those who are so partisan and divisive that they've shut down Government....

And Obama should make Newt answer for having been a former proponent of MUCH that's in the current healthcare law, and flip-flopped on it as the majority of Republicans who served that far back have.

And if the gloves come off with the Ayers shit, I think Newt's background is a lot harder to explain than Obama's. Obama surrounded himself with the local train to advance his political career at the time . . he wasn't joyous hand-holding friends with Ayers who suddenly somehow adopted his views of Terrorism and shit which, that's the bare bones of why it would even fucking matter.....he was just looking to get a bone and move up as a young man in the grimy world that is politics, which Newt is not apart from but quite the contrary.

Newt, on the other hand, if he wants to bring up backgrounds..................pppffffftttt. Be serious bro. How many wives? How many Adulterous acts? Married a Teacher at age 19 to avoid the draft, yet is a chickenhawk? Present divorce papers to a wife on her hospital bed fighting cancer? The rubber-checks he wrote in '92 which cost him re-election? GOPAC?

you missed my point. Newt wont bring up Ayers. I was simply showing you how he would have handled it if he were McCain.

Whether you see it or not is irrelevant...I see it...or so I believe I see it....Obama has been suing spin for the better part of his tenure as President. Just yesterday he claimed the GOP wants dirty air and dirty water....thats spin.....

He brings up dirty air and dirty water in a debate against Newt...Newt will say....

we dont want to end regulations that protect our environment. That is just your spin. We want to end progrmas such as those that gave Solyndra a half a billion dollars.....you see, we dont trust your administration with our money anymore, so we refuse to let you blow it away again.

That "arrogant and over confident" charge only plays well in far right wing circles. While he may come off as to "brainy" sometimes, if you've been paying attention to him lately, he's been getting remarkably populist again. And the only crowd Newt plays well to are nativists and robber barons. Not exactly the salt of the earth.

Newt also does terrible on news shows like "Meet the Press" even with friendly hosts like David Gregory when he gets mildly challenged on anything. Newt also lacks charm. Completely.

Even thought ^ right there, the percentage of Companies that get Government grants that become profitible vs. "Solyndra" shows a pretty good track record, so that would be NEWT, doing the spinning.

Even thought ^ right there, the percentage of Companies that get Government grants that become profitible vs. "Solyndra" shows a pretty good track record, so that would be NEWT, doing the spinning.

you left out the many warnings ooffered the WH and ignored by the WH regarding Solyndra......

Whatever....you and I will agree to diagree on this one.

Solyndra will never be the scandal conservatives are trying to make into. Especially considering this country pissed away 300 billion on the joint strike fighter.

Solyndra will never be the scandal conservatives are trying to make into. Especially considering this country pissed away 300 billion on the joint strike fighter.

Conservatives dont need to try to Sallow.

I am curious why you are not upset that all of the paper terials show that the WH was warned and advised several times to back off of Solyndra yet they did not heed the warnings...

I mean....half a biollion dollars on an ideological "hunch" ....and that doesnt bother you.

You know....its stuff like that that gives reason to call you a partisan hack.

It should bother you.

Conservatives dont need to try to Sallow.

I am curious why you are not upset that all of the paper terials show that the WH was warned and advised several times to back off of Solyndra yet they did not heed the warnings...

I mean....half a biollion dollars on an ideological "hunch" ....and that doesnt bother you.

You know....its stuff like that that gives reason to call you a partisan hack.

It should bother you.

Wait until we delve into SunPower..... almost 3 times Solyndra.

Let's recap kids:

$1,600,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, failed Obamacare, inflation, Solyndra, bailouts, Fast and Furious, Endorsement of OWS which is endorsed by the American Communist Party, worthless $..... etc., etc., etc.

Yep, he's a shoe-in.

Let us not forget the money he sent to build electric cars then it was outsourced to Finland.Yep! he is all for jobs in America.

It's already the scandal conservatives were looking for, Sallow. If you don't grasp how this kind of "hook up your big contributors" form of crony capitalism is going to play with Independents and conservative Democrats then I think you're deluding yourself.

Romney has to run on his record. All those flip flops that his opposition will use in nonstop ads.
But, hey, it's his "turn", just like it was McCain's "turn" in 2008.

Let's be clear - Obama is going to be tough to beat- all sitting Presidents are. He has the power of the bully pulpit, a huge lead in campaign dollars, and he is the King of Crony Capitalism (he can pay back his large supporters with government backed loans, favorable tax treatement, etc..) . The Republican will only win if he can avoid getting distracted from the three issues that are most on America's list of concerns. Here are the 3 issues in order of importance:

1) the economy
2) the economy
3) the economy

Forum List

Back