Obama will cut our taxes huh? Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option

The one-time cash payment was Bush's stimulus package with checks sent out during the spring and summer of 2008.

Obama has provided tax cuts, in 2009 and even more credits and incentives in 2010 for small businesses.

We so very sorry that these cuts can't be in thousands of dollars for each of you. :rolleyes:

Obama: Stimulus tax cuts will be felt by April 1 - USATODAY.com

2009 & 2010 Obama Tax Cuts?

Really?

I didn't get a tax cut... did you?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/114460-did-you-get-a-tax-cut-last-year.html

Immie

I don't have reportable earnings anymore, so didn't even have to file. In your situation, and it's just a guess, the $1,000 child credit made a difference. Also, the IRS did acknowledge the flaw in the Making Work Pay credit, so you might take a look at this site.

The Making Work Pay Tax Credit

All said, I really don't know why people would have been expecting GIANT forms of tax relief in the first place when revenues from taxes are already scarce. Per individual, the tax adjustments were minimal, but I don't think all the extreme criticism that it wasn't enough are warranted under the circumstances.

As for the future, only time will tell. Conservatives continue to create worst-case scenarios about everything. Regarding the VAT, they screech about it like it's gonna happen next week, when such a dramatic change in the tax code wouldn't be on the horizon for years, if ever.

I adjusted for the $1,000 child tax credit so it would not have made a difference.

Personally, I don't care about the tax cuts from either Bush or Obama. We're killing this nation with the deficit and I'd much prefer paying higher taxes than seeing this country falter. We need to increase taxes and cut spending, but I don't see the second part of that equation as having any real possibility of ever happening.

What I am tired of hearing from the left is that we should all get down on our knees and kiss President Obama's royal ass because he gave us this tremendous tax cut. Screw that bull shit. At most, I got $100 on nearly $72,000 of income. Definitely not something to write home about.

Immie

The problem with right wingers is they think everything is free.

Two wars cost money. Two wars YOU started to make us "SAFE". Feel safe yet?

Don't touch your Medicare and Medicaid.

So what do you want to cut? Education? Rebuilding America?

The reason we have so much debt is because we moved much of the burden the rich had to the "middle class" through Republican Policies. Live with it. It's what you wanted.

And the problem with left wingers is that they expect everything to be free to them while everyone else pay's their way.

Immie

The reason we have so much debt is because we moved much of the burden the rich had to the "middle class" through Republican Policies. Live with it. It's what you wanted.

Hey genius what do you think WE have to do to pay Obama's taxes?????

You don't think WE have to cut expenses???????

But it NEVER occurs to you that the government should cut expenses???????????

And why not education?????? We shouldn't have a federal agency over seeing education anyway. Local communities (like it used to) should over see our children's education. And when they used to do that, THEY DID A DAMN BETTER JOB AT EDUATING THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES!

That always burned me.

The government NEVER cuts a dime out of their excess. Their answer is always to raises taxes.

Does it EVER occur to these fat cats WHERE that money comes from????? That WE have to cut OUR BUDGET to pay them?

They think we are all just rich fat cats out here and we just pay it out of "Obama's stash" or something??????????

Liberals are so damn dense.

:mad:

Last edited:

Where the hell do you get your information from? US "RIGHT WINGERS" never said anyting about NOT paying taxes. We all agree that taxes are a necessity to keep the PRIMARY function of government operating. Its all the bull shit that has built up over the years that quite frankly pisses us off. Spending is out of control, PERIOD. Like said in a previous post, we all have to cut back, make changes in our lives when necessary to keep the lights on and a roof over our head. Dear Old Politicians do not. They are paid for by us, have their retirements funded by us, all the while voting a passing policies that are not good for us.

Why not cut Education? What the hell are we rebuilding? Cut spending across the board. Do what we have to do to reign in the spending. But the Fed's on a Budget that does not exceed "X" number of dollars per household Period. Spread the responsibility across all of Americans EQUALLY!!!! There is your damn solution. Not Presbo Obama Floating the VAT Tax. That will be the second worse thing that he has done next to this whole healthcare crap he shoved down our throat. Oh yeah and to all of you Lefties that say "it will take years" Bullshit on that, How long did it take them to cram the Crap Care down our throats?

And you idiots complain there are too many tea party threads? :lol:

what number thread is this on the VAT that doesn't exist except in your fevered imaginations?

:cuckoo:

I think we see the idiot. First you got thorously owned on your screed that Bush "cherry picked" the data to go to war with Iraq (amazing how Bush made Clinton cherry pick that data, three years before Bush was president, huh? :lol:)

Now you can't even BOTHER to read the article and leap in, with your knee jerk Obamabot-itis.

FROM THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that a new value-added tax on Americans is still on the table, seeming to show more openness to the idea than his aides have expressed in recent days.

Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option - Yahoo! News

Fevered imaginations huh?

Do you continue to be a mouth piece for Obama because you enjoy getting owned?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You missed his ACTUAL statement

Before deciding what revenue options are best for dealing with the deficit and the economy, Obama said in an interview with CNBC, "I want to get a better picture of what our options are."

and

"And before, you know, I start saying 'this makes sense or that makes sense,' I want to get a better picture of what our options are," Obama said.

meaning he hadn't made a decision one or the other and is waiting until the bipartisan fiscal advisory commission comes back with it's recommendations.

At no point has he said he supported it and the white house says it is not under consideration.

So why attack based on something that has NOT happened yet and may not ever happen?

As for that previous thread goes weren't you the one that abandoned it and left after being owned?? LOL

Do you ever get tired of presenting threads likes these only to abandon them after you spin too far and can't back up your claims?

This article actually is making me sick. I don't understand why people don't wake up and realize that it is only a matter of time!! Obama's White House aids said last week, and even before this interview with CNBC that "No VAT Tax was being Considered". So who the hell is lying when Obama comes to the little discussion stating that "It's not as toxic and idea as it used to be". WAKE THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE. I am getting so sick and tired of this bullshit ass president lying up his left side and down his right side. Hey here is an idea Numb Nuts, get the fuck off of American Idol, and all of your other TV interviews and commentaries, and start reading shit. Get a hold of your knowledge base and learn what ISN'T WORKING IN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

And it isn't, right now.

Why don't you read the entire article or my post before writing back, Here is what he said
"In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

When asked if he could see a potential VAT in this nation, the president said: "I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value-added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It's something that would be novel for the United States."

Sure as hell sounds like he is considering it to me....

Yeah it says that he is wating on the recommendations and hasn't made a decision either way so why are you righties ASSUMING that he is going to put one in place as you call him a liar over something that hasn't happened yet??

First of all Sorry I have never heard of Morning Joe. Second of all, MY OPINION, Just like Joe's got one too, VAT Tax is bad. Do some research on it!!! VAT Taxes every step of the process!! Explain to me How that is Fair ?

Oh by the way, I'm not a n00b, just because I don't agree with your statement!!

Based on the fact that you are attacking obama over something that hasn't happened yet I would have to agree that you are a n00b.

Furthermore, why debate something that hasn't even been recommended yet all so you righties can indulge yourself with you latest round of "bash obama over nothing"??

I think we see the idiot. First you got thorously owned on your screed that Bush "cherry picked" the data to go to war with Iraq (amazing how Bush made Clinton cherry pick that data, three years before Bush was president, huh? :lol:)

Now you can't even BOTHER to read the article and leap in, with your knee jerk Obamabot-itis.

FROM THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

Fevered imaginations huh?

Do you continue to be a mouth piece for Obama because you enjoy getting owned?

You seem to be the one with a comprehension problem. FROM THE SAME ARTICLE:

In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

When asked if he could see a potential VAT in this nation, the president said: "I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value-added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It's something that would be novel for the United States."

Even Yahoo embellished its headline with an assumption that is not there.

Who has comprehension problems???

TRUST ME. Obama wants this tax.

That's called floating a trial balloon to see how much resistance he gets to it. Not that it really matters to that bastard.

Look at healthcare. Most people are against it, but they passed and signed it anyway.

You don't understand politics at all!

Trust YOU???? You are kidding right?? LOL So do you have any proof that obama wants it or is your unsubstantiated OPINION all you have to offer?

All that says is Obama wants those "tax breaks."

All I'm seeing is one time payments to Obama buddies and those he hopes to bribe to vote Democrat who thinks the money comes from "Obama's stash."

If Obama wants to cut taxes, why is he sun setting Bush's tax cuts, which all you liberals claim is "tax cuts for the rich?"

It is. Of the Bush 2.5 trillion dollar tax cut, more than 50% went to only 1% of the population. Sure, I got a hundred bucks, but it didn't take long to spend.

Will this VAT tax be something ONLY THE RICH PAY???????????????

Oh you so lose!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

What VAT tax are you tlaking about?? When was it passed into law?? What was the name of the bill?? Come on, you have to have this information or else you wouldn't be talking about it as if it had already been passed if it hadn't. Unless of course you have some ulterior motive for being dishonest about it? Hmm? Could it be one of you usual baseless attacks as you try to smear obama.

What did you say about smearing in another thread??

The side with the truth doesn't need smears

and yet smears is all that you seem to offer. Imagine that.

Obama won't raise taxes on anyone making under 250 or 150 K????

That number seemed to keep changing.

Explain how you keep people making under those numbers from paying a VAT tax??????

Another Obama lie raises it's ugly head.

Consider a VAT tax a DONE deal along with a additional energy tax. This is what liberals do. They promise the masses tax cuts--give them with the right hand--and double down with the left hand. In the end all taxpayers will be feeling this one.

So to you Obama voters--you do remember the continual campaign promise that he wouldn't raise anyones taxes who made less than 250K?----:lol::lol::lol:

The VAT and energy tax will hit all levels of income.

Consider it done?? righties already have, despite the fact that the recommendations of the commission have not been released yet and no VAT tax has been passed. However, let's consider it a done deal so righties can attack obama for something that doesn't exist.

The saddest thing of all is that righties refuse to hold W accountable for things that actually occured on his watch even as they try to hold obama accountable and attack him for things that haven't even occured. LOL

Last edited:
Obama won't raise taxes on anyone making under 250 or 150 K????

That number seemed to keep changing.

Explain how you keep people making under those numbers from paying a VAT tax??????

Another Obama lie raises it's ugly head.

Actually he said he would discuss it, in other words, he wouldn't simply disregard it. You see intelligent folks like to hear all sides before they make up their mind. Unlike idiot repugs... Get it? Of course you don't, you're a moron repug.

Forum List

Back