Obama will cut our taxes huh? Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option

HE DIDN'T CUT TAXES. :lol::lol::lol:

Will you quit trotting out this lie!

He gave ONE TIME PAYMENTS to certain people and it sure as hell WASN'T ME, and I make a lot LESS than 250K like Obama said.

Where IS my tax cut like Obama promised????

That's not a tax cut. That's simply a HANDOUT. A tax cut is where I get to keep my money IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I don't have to hand it over to Washington, and MAYBE they will give me some of it back like giving a dog a milk bone.

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama's stimulus package cut taxes by at least 300 billion. It was forty percent of the entire package.

Obama wants tax cuts in stimulus plan - Los Angeles Times

All that says is Obama wants those "tax breaks."

All I'm seeing is one time payments to Obama buddies and those he hopes to bribe to vote Democrat who thinks the money comes from "Obama's stash."

If Obama wants to cut taxes, why is he sun setting Bush's tax cuts, which all you liberals claim is "tax cuts for the rich?"

It is. Of the Bush 2.5 trillion dollar tax cut, more than 50% went to only 1% of the population. Sure, I got a hundred bucks, but it didn't take long to spend.

Obama's stimulus package cut taxes by at least 300 billion. It was forty percent of the entire package.

All that says is Obama wants those "tax breaks."

All I'm seeing is one time payments to Obama buddies and those he hopes to bribe to vote Democrat who thinks the money comes from "Obama's stash."

If Obama wants to cut taxes, why is he sun setting Bush's tax cuts, which all you liberals claim is "tax cuts for the rich?"

It is. Of the Bush 2.5 trillion dollar tax cut, more than 50% went to only 1% of the population. Sure, I got a hundred bucks, but it didn't take long to spend.

Will this VAT tax be something ONLY THE RICH PAY???????????????

Oh you so lose!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Obama said a VAT would be "a novel idea for America".

Oh, how....intellectual and clever. A "novel idea". Such a cute, cuddly, interesting little idea right? Just a harmless, novel little tax, nothing to fear folks, just like an odd, interesting item at a novelty shop. A VAT. How clever, how European, how....novel.

VAT tax, tax on any food that the gov deems bad(Obamacare food tax), cap and trade, remove bushes tax cuts, reinstall death tax this is just the beginning. And this guy said he wasn't going to raise our taxes!!!!where is the watch my lips shit that they used with old man bush!!! time to start harrassing Obama like they did George 41 you all were warned that this guy was a fraud before the election!!!!

Now Now, we can't start accusing Obama a liar until AFTER he does something, right? BS, This tax thing is going to get real deep, real fast. The Lib's have no contention for taking something of yours so they can get what they want. Hold on people European style Gov't is coming, unless us wacky Conservatives can get control of this mess in Novemeber!!

Did you ever give him credit for cutting your taxes?

Obama tax plan: $80 billion in cuts, five-minute filings - CNN.com

He gave ONE TIME PAYMENTS to certain people and it sure as hell WASN'T ME, and I make a lot LESS than 250K like Obama said.

That's not a tax cut. That's simply a HANDOUT. A tax cut is where I get to keep my money IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I don't have to hand it over to Washington, and MAYBE they will give me some of it back like giving a dog a milk bone.

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

Really?

My taxes did not go down this year, did yours?

Here, check out this thread and let me know if your taxes actually went down or if you are just spouting left wing talking points without having the evidence to back it up.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/114460-did-you-get-a-tax-cut-last-year.html

Immie

VAT tax, tax on any food that the gov deems bad(Obamacare food tax), cap and trade, remove bushes tax cuts, reinstall death tax this is just the beginning. And this guy said he wasn't going to raise our taxes!!!!where is the watch my lips shit that they used with old man bush!!! time to start harrassing Obama like they did George 41 you all were warned that this guy was a fraud before the election!!!!

I told everyone in 2008 that Obama was pulling the same crap that Clinton did in 1992.

Remember his promised "middle class tax cut?"

And what did Clinton do the minute he got into office? He raised taxes retroactive to Jan 1!

THIS Clinton did after runnin on the Bush 41 breaking his promise not to raise taxes.

But did Democrats breathe a word that Clinton just broke this promise too????? Noooooooooooooo, of course not!

I can't believe people were stupid enough to buy another Democrat playing this crap.

The last Democrat that was for cutting taxes was JFK, and I haven't seen one since.

:rolleyes:

"The looming tax hikes result from the structure of President George W. Bush's 2001 and 2003 tax bills, whose provisions generally expire at the end of this year. Obama promises to fully extend them except for individuals earning more than $200,000 a year and couple making $250,000 a year. They include lower income tax rates, a $1,000 per-child tax credit, and tax breaks for investments and reductions in the estate tax, and their five-year cost of almost $800 billion would be covered by adding to the nation's $12.8 trillion debt."

Millions face tax increases under Dems budget plan - Yahoo! News

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

The one-time cash payment was Bush's stimulus package with checks sent out during the spring and summer of 2008.

Obama has provided tax cuts, in 2009 and even more credits and incentives in 2010 for small businesses.

We so very sorry that these cuts can't be in thousands of dollars for each of you. :rolleyes:

Obama: Stimulus tax cuts will be felt by April 1 - USATODAY.com

2009 & 2010 Obama Tax Cuts?

I think we see the idiot. First you got thorously owned on your screed that Bush "cherry picked" the data to go to war with Iraq (amazing how Bush made Clinton cherry pick that data, three years before Bush was president, huh? :lol:)

Now you can't even BOTHER to read the article and leap in, with your knee jerk Obamabot-itis.

FROM THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option - Yahoo! News

Fevered imaginations huh?

Do you continue to be a mouth piece for Obama because you enjoy getting owned?

You seem to be the one with a comprehension problem. FROM THE SAME ARTICLE:

In the CNBC interview, Obama said he was waiting for recommendations from a bipartisan fiscal advisory commission on ways to tackle the deficit and other problems.

When asked if he could see a potential VAT in this nation, the president said: "I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value-added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It's something that would be novel for the United States."

Even Yahoo embellished its headline with an assumption that is not there.

Who has comprehension problems???

TRUST ME. Obama wants this tax.

That's called floating a trial balloon to see how much resistance he gets to it. Not that it really matters to that bastard.

Look at healthcare. Most people are against it, but they passed and signed it anyway.

You don't understand politics at all!

Shall we take a vote on that everyone?

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

The one-time cash payment was Bush's stimulus package with checks sent out during the spring and summer of 2008.

Obama has provided tax cuts, in 2009 and even more credits and incentives in 2010 for small businesses.

We so very sorry that these cuts can't be in thousands of dollars for each of you. :rolleyes:

Really?

I didn't get a tax cut... did you?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/114460-did-you-get-a-tax-cut-last-year.html

Immie

Yeah. rdean's type of thinking worked out really well when luxury taxes were place on boats. The industry was decimated - and a lot of middle and working class people lost their jobs.

Oh please. A 1991 tax that to my knowledge amounted to a mere blip for someone who could afford "luxury" boats. I almost married a guy in 1983 who owned a small marina on Lake Champlain and I can gurantee that there wasn't a single person who docked even a small sailboat there who complained he couldn't afford it because of the "tax" on boats. That marina was adjacent to a very large marina which once built ocean-going vessels during WWII and where the really big expensive boats were docked as well as dry-docked all winter, and there were at least 50 employees year-round who cared for them.

Well since you "almost" married him in '83 and the taxes were imposed in '91, did you ever go back and see how his business was doing, if he had to lay people off, or if his Marina took a direct hit?

We were friends before and after, and no the business never took a hit--at least nobody was griping the way they are today over the slightest increase in anything. The shipyard continues to prosper, with slips always in demand.

hr.jpg

My friend's much smaller marina enjoyed a lot of overflow from the Shipyard, although he had several customers with annual contracts.

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

Really?

I didn't get a tax cut... did you?

Immie

I don't have reportable earnings anymore, so didn't even have to file. In your situation, and it's just a guess, the $1,000 child credit made a difference. Also, the IRS did acknowledge the flaw in the Making Work Pay credit, so you might take a look at this site.

The Making Work Pay Tax Credit

All said, I really don't know why people would have been expecting GIANT forms of tax relief in the first place when revenues from taxes are already scarce. Per individual, the tax adjustments were minimal, but I don't think all the extreme criticism that it wasn't enough are warranted under the circumstances.

As for the future, only time will tell. Conservatives continue to create worst-case scenarios about everything. Regarding the VAT, they screech about it like it's gonna happen next week, when such a dramatic change in the tax code wouldn't be on the horizon for years, if ever.

I did hear George Will suggest the other day on Morning Joe, however, that a Value Added Tax which would replace the entire tax system would be much more fair and workable than either the fair tax or flat tax which seek to overhaul the existing tax structure. Sounds good to me.

Like many things in life that sound good, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

"The looming tax hikes result from the structure of President George W. Bush's 2001 and 2003 tax bills, whose provisions generally expire at the end of this year. Obama promises to fully extend them except for individuals earning more than $200,000 a year and couple making $250,000 a year. They include lower income tax rates, a $1,000 per-child tax credit, and tax breaks for investments and reductions in the estate tax, and their five-year cost of almost $800 billion would be covered by adding to the nation's $12.8 trillion debt."

Millions face tax increases under Dems budget plan - Yahoo! News

Oh my gosh, are YOU actually trying to tell all of us, it's BUSH'S FAULT for why Obama is going to raise our taxes??????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bush gave us a TAX CUT.

Obama did not!

I try to stay civil but are you just a total idiot?????? Do you even READ your own evidence??????

The $400 credit for individuals is to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples are slated to get up to $800. Most workers are to see about a $13 per week increase in their take-home pay. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year.

THESE ARE ONE TIME REBATES YOU MORON! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7.70 a week????????????

REALLY??????????????

This is going to offset the THOUSANDS we will be paying in VAT taxes????????

Do you think we are THAT stupid, that we are going to buy that or are YOU that stupid?!

Now you know the kind of people voting for Obama. The kind that think the money comes from "Obama's stash" and think a one time rebate is a "tax cut."

Total stupidity!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Obama won't raise taxes on anyone making under 250 or 150 K????

That number seemed to keep changing.

Explain how you keep people making under those numbers from paying a VAT tax??????

Another Obama lie raises it's ugly head.

Obama suggests value-added tax may be an option - Yahoo! News

Consider a VAT tax a DONE deal along with a additional energy tax. This is what liberals do. They promise the masses tax cuts--give them with the right hand--and double down with the left hand. In the end all taxpayers will be feeling this one.

So to you Obama voters--you do remember the continual campaign promise that he wouldn't raise anyones taxes who made less than 250K?----:lol::lol::lol:

The VAT and energy tax will hit all levels of income.

The problem with right wingers is they think everything is free.

Two wars cost money. Two wars YOU started to make us "SAFE". Feel safe yet?

Don't touch your Medicare and Medicaid.

So what do you want to cut? Education? Rebuilding America?

The reason we have so much debt is because we moved much of the burden the rich had to the "middle class" through Republican Policies. Live with it. It's what you wanted.

The problem with right wingers is they think everything is free.

Two wars cost money. Two wars YOU started to make us "SAFE". Feel safe yet?

Don't touch your Medicare and Medicaid.

So what do you want to cut? Education? Rebuilding America?

The reason we have so much debt is because we moved much of the burden the rich had to the "middle class" through Republican Policies. Live with it. It's what you wanted.

Nope we realise that wars are not "FREE". Medicare we pay into. Social security--we pay into. The federal government has raided these funds continually to pay for wars, foreign aid, more entitlements. Guess what they're going to do with health care?

I am getting real tired of the "rich" B.S rhetoric. Don't you guys realise that less than 5% of the population make 250K per year, and less than 1% of the population make over 300K.

Geez--You liberals act like "rich" people are everywhere--they're NOT.

There is only one more place to go to get money--and that is the "predominately" middle class of this country.

Yeah--and we're certainly "rebuilding" America by sending billions (out of the 787 BILLION dollar stimulus bill that wasn't) to China to build wind turbines--aren't we--LOL

You voted for it--You got it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back