Obama will bankrupt and starve American Seniors unless he gets his way

Withholding Social Security Checks? What a disgrace. This President should be ashamed of himself. He knows there's enough Money to pay for Social Security even if the Debt Limit isn't raised. Fear Mongering Bullshit at its worst.

That's why I asked, if he withhold SS checks, we should be able to withhold payments into SS. Our payment into SS is for just that one purpose, to pay SS benefits.

Somebody tell me, did we freeze federal hiring until the debt ceiling is raised? Did we freeze the discretionary stuff that can wait? Why haven't we stopped funding for high speed rail and other things we can live without? Isn't it irresponsible for the president to allow a situation to develop where seniors don't get their checks when these other things haven't been done? Why hasn't the US Treasury issued information on what will get funded and what won't if the debt ceiling isn't raised? How about we raise the debt ceiling just enough to fund the debt interest and other mandatory obligations?

I never mentioned raising the debt limit, the suggestion was that increasing revenue was a bad idea...I think that's a great idea, a business or a government survives on revenue.
Raising the debt limit is borrowing...that's a different thing altogether.
You really want to avoid that if you can.

With record profits since early 2010, and record liquid assets, big corp can afford to pay their fair share. Cons are such sheeple.

Corporations don't pay taxes. Why is that such a difficult concept for people with your thinking to understand???

The corporations need to pay taxes.

Last edited:
I never mentioned raising the debt limit, the suggestion was that increasing revenue was a bad idea...I think that's a great idea, a business or a government survives on revenue.
Raising the debt limit is borrowing...that's a different thing altogether.
You really want to avoid that if you can.

With record profits since early 2010, and record liquid assets, big corp can afford to pay their fair share. Cons are such sheeple.

Corporations don't pay taxes. Why is that such a difficult concept for people with your thinking to understand???

The Roberts Court has declared corporations to be treated as individuals for tax and contract law through legal fiction. Well, the pretend people can pay their fair share of real $$$ in taxes.

Does Jake sound a lot like the Alec Baldwin character in Team America railing against corporations?

Does Frank sound a lot like someone toking, going 'dood!' I am thrilled the TPE is stumbling and crumbling. This is good for America.

Somebody tell me, did we freeze federal hiring until the debt ceiling is raised? Did we freeze the discretionary stuff that can wait? Why haven't we stopped funding for high speed rail and other things we can live without? Isn't it irresponsible for the president to allow a situation to develop where seniors don't get their checks when these other things haven't been done? Why hasn't the US Treasury issued information on what will get funded and what won't if the debt ceiling isn't raised? How about we raise the debt ceiling just enough to fund the debt interest and other mandatory obligations?
The government takes in enough tax revenue to pay SS, MC and the debt interest.
It's the other misc. bullshit they're worried about....
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back