Obama: Whites Need Not Apply

Yes but only one race was subjected to slavery

name one race that has not been made a slave?

In the United States?

I believe it was only one race. So your obfuscation that "blacks were involved in the slave trade too" is pure bullshit

find a history book moron, if you don't know what one looks like ask a libarian here's a starter

In most cases, historians think, blacks owned slaves benevolently, but exploitative slaveholding by blacks did happen. Some well-off urban blacks owned house slaves, and occasionally craftsmen owned skilled slaves to work under or alongside them. Determining how often this happened isn't easy, since the census didn't consistently distinguish between nominal and actual slaves. Proof of commercial ownership can be found in advertising for runaway slaves, sales of slaves at market rates, etc. A confounding factor is that some free blacks owned slaves both benevolently and commercially. One scholar claims the majority of slave transactions by blacks in Charleston, South Carolina, were commercial — but again, South Carolina was unusual, for reasons I'll return to. An analysis of Petersburg, Virginia, suggests only about 10 percent of black slaveholders owned slaves commercially, which was probably typical. Sure, slavery is slavery, but what we're talking about is a far cry from the plantation field slavery you might have imagined.
The Straight Dope: Were some U.S. slave owners black?

Let's not forget about those Indian captives so moron move along

In the name of “fairness,” however, the government will intensify programs that discriminate against white Americans by extending special privileges to everyone else.
And what evidence does the opinion piece writer have that applications will be rejected out of hand simply because the applicant is white.

None.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

EOs are carefully composed to ensure they comply with existing Federal legislation. EOs do not supercede Federal law.

The opinion piece writer is either ignorant of these facts or attempting to create some perceived political gain for the right. It’s telling in either case.

How about the fact - and it is a fact, that the federal government is not only already achieving it's "diversity" goals, it is surpassing them. So why exactly does the federal government need to be told to have more diversity?

Because the black and latino community's are pissed at Obama. It's about securing his voting blocks ahead of 2012~

Blacks were allowed to vote and own a business before Asians in America

Sigh. The problem with diversity programs is that it assumes all candidates are equally qualified, or all potential candidates are equally qualified. So they go and 'recruit' potential candidates based on sex or gender. Fucked up on all accounts because then people get unofficial 'points' attached to them.

I think veteran preferences should expire after a set time. They get preferences because it's argued they are out serving the country instead of being in the workforce so they are at a disadvantage. Baloney. MOST government security or diplomacy or police officer jobs practically require you to have service. Veteran preferences after a war I can grudgingly accept. But the rest? Pooey.

The Barbary pirates often took europeans (pssst, they're white) as slaves. Stronger African tribes sold weaker African tribes into slavery. The Chinese who built our railroads out west, while not defined as slaves...you could make the case that they were slaves.

If you do not believe that indentured servitude is the same as slavery I can see where someone would argue that not all races have been slaves.

Many argue that human/sex trafficing is slavery too, and it's effecting whites as well.

The Barbary pirates often took europeans (pssst, they're white) as slaves. Stronger African tribes sold weaker African tribes into slavery. The Chinese who built our railroads out west, while not defined as slaves...you could make the case that they were slaves.

If you do not believe that indentured servitude is the same as slavery I can see where someone would argue that not all races have been slaves.

Many argue that human/sex trafficing is slavery too, and it's effecting whites as well.

So, your point is?

That slavery is bad? or that white slavery was anywhere near the magnitude of black slavery?

So, your point is?

That slavery is bad? or that white slavery was anywhere near the magnitude of black slavery?

I think their point is that blacks should be honored that America once enslaved them.

So, your point is?

I think their point is that blacks should be honored that America once enslaved them.

Do you mean "Quit your bitching because white people were slaves too"?

Isn't this cute? White people telling other groups what they do and don't need.

Tell us again white people why we don't need diversity because you don't think we do. I'm sure minorities will understand your plight. Lol

Isn't this cute? White people telling other groups what they do and don't need.

Tell us again white people why we don't need diversity because you don't think we do. I'm sure minorities will understand your plight. Lol

I never said we don't need diversity. I said we already have an over representation of the diverse population in federal government jobs. Asking for more is exclusion. For your information, it is a merit system, not a diversity system. We are pointing out you lose merit when race is the deciding factor over merit. Sorry we stepped on your little feelings of protecting a group of people who don't need to be looked at as broken or unworthy.

This is a copy of the actual executive order. Do you see anything about whites in it??

“Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce

Executive Order--Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce | The White House

It doesn't need to be in there Rinata. The order acts as if there is an imbalance in the number of minority employees, when in fact, it is ALREADY disproportional toward minorities. Perhaps there is a problem in the representation at management levels, but this is a merit system, so why isn't there merit?

I don't see it that way at all. It's an order of inclusion, not exclusion. The purpose has always been that whites should not be chosen over minorities because an employer wants whites only. And I do know that whites do not get replaced by blacks. That's just not true.

I am white myself!!! :) I want to be treated fairly and that's all minorities want. I don't think I should be hired or not hired because I'm white. I don't see anything unreasonable about that.

So, your point is?

The point is every race has been a slave. PERIOD. The point is every race has sold their own race into slavery PERIOD. The point is you're a fucking liar if you deny it PERIOD

This is a copy of the actual executive order. Do you see anything about whites in it??

“Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce

Executive Order--Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce | The White House

It doesn't need to be in there Rinata. The order acts as if there is an imbalance in the number of minority employees, when in fact, it is ALREADY disproportional toward minorities. Perhaps there is a problem in the representation at management levels, but this is a merit system, so why isn't there merit?

I don't see it that way at all. It's an order of inclusion, not exclusion. The purpose has always been that whites should not be chosen over minorities because an employer wants whites only. And I do know that whites do not get replaced by blacks. That's just not true.

I am white myself!!! :) I want to be treated fairly and that's all minorities want. I don't think I should be hired or not hired because I'm white. I don't see anything unreasonable about that.

You can't see anything for the shit from obama while you have your head stuck up his ass.

This is a merit system once your in Rinata. Now we are going to add more rules which lead away from merit. That is not fair. If the manager is denying training or unfairly doing performance reviews, then that already has methods of remediation. This order excludes qualified candidates in favor of race.

It would only be an order of inclusion if one group was being excluded in the first place. What has been mentioned over and over in this thread AND you have been ignoring completely is that diversity has already been achieved to the point that other races actually are MORE represented than the makeup of the people to begin with. All groups are already included. This policy can only do one thing - increase 'inclusion' of one group by excluding another based on RACE. That is exactly what racism is.

The truly scary thing is that the people pushing these policies actually believe that you can solve one type of racism with another type of racism and that is insane. You will never combat racism through fostering it against another race. What that does is bring the whole argument back around to color. Eliminate color from the process altogether and racism as an institutional problem can be removed. We will still have bigots, that will be true until the end of the human race. However, we already have laws for that and processes to deal with the offenders. As long as we are forcing color into the picture we are always going to have a racism problem.

So, your point is?

Do you mean "Quit your bitching because white people were slaves too"?

I'd never tell anyone to quit their bitching. I'm going to continue to do it, so can you :lol:

I'd like people to take responsibility for themselves. Think of how you would feel if a minority needed something from you. Help with choosing a school, or career, or financial advice. You'd trip over yourself to help them right? I think a lot of people would/do trip over themselves to help minorities.

At some point, minorities will have to recognize that they have to power to do/be whatever they want. How do I know? I work with black engineers, when I was in the military and I met a black General. There are black Doctors and Dentists as well as Black and other minorities in every area of our society. If they can do it, so can the black flash mob participants in Philly, Baltimore, Peoria, Milwaukee, DC, and other places. Make a choice. There are people who get out of the ghetto and become successful. There are immigrants here with green cards who achieve US citizenship get decent jobs and provide for their families, the right way. If these minorities can do it, so can the others.

There's no grand scheme by whites to hold people down. Most of us (like me) are just working people who went to college and try the best to provide for our families. I can no more prevent a minority from doing anything than they can prevent me.

"Do it or don't. It's amazing how many things in life are that easy"

People make choices all the time. Quit blaming an antiquated institution for your problems. If ALL blacks were held down, then there might be something to it. But they are not. I live in Maryland and there are a ton of successful black people here who are two parent families raising good kids. If they can do it, so can a LOT more of them.

Personal. Responsibility. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back