Obama White House Bars Press From Press Award Ceremony

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most transparent presidential administration in American history.

This achievement and the overall promise of his historic administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name him "Newsmaker of the Year."

The president is to receive the award from the federation of black community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.

The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.

From the president's official schedule:

"Later in the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will attend a reception with the National Newspaper Publisher Association in the State Dining Room, where they will be presented the Newsmaker of the Year award. This event is closed press."

Maybe they'll let the newspaper people pass the award through the fence.

Obama White House bars press from press award ceremony | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

-----

Just more of the same.

I can't want to hear what the Obamatrons say about this.

"It's his press award, he can invite who he wants."

"No reason for the press to be there. The White House photographer will
hand out photos after wards."

"Is this all you have to complain about?"

"Obama is a God. No one is worthy of being in the same room with him. We should all be thankful that we are allowed to even breathe his name."

Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most transparent presidential administration in American history.

This achievement and the overall promise of his historic administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name him "Newsmaker of the Year."

The president is to receive the award from the federation of black community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.

"Later in the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will attend a reception with the National Newspaper Publisher Association in the State Dining Room, where they will be presented the Newsmaker of the Year award. This event is closed press."

Obama White House bars press from press award ceremony | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

-----

Just more of the same.

"Obama is a God. No one is worthy of being in the same room with him. We should all be thankful that we are allowed to even breathe his name."

Why is this starting to remind me that the first black Miss America lost her crown ?

ok......how do you receive a press award from the press if the press are not permitted to attend......

ok......how do you receive a press award from the press if the press are not permitted to attend......

LOL! Sort of like that union of union workers, being let go by Seip, now hiring outside workers, (non-union) so they can save the money to lobby for cardcheck. :cool:

-----

Just more of the same.

What he didn't tell us was that his transparency is muddy-colored. Guess they left if off the teleprompter.

Obama reminds me of the worst type of employee that I would occasionally hire: Everything they said I should expect, turned out to be the opposite of what they said.

If I brought up the possibility of working on the following Saturday, they would one up me by suggesting we start an hour earlier than we usually did. When I'd register a clear 'no' to that, and then be there at the regular time, they would be a no show. It was all only a charade. They, like Obama, would know the reason for that: The appearance of good intentions is everything.

Last edited:
Three thoughts:

1. Vanessa Williams. Oh hell yeah.

2. Not a single Obamatron has posted here. What a surprise.

3. Vanessa Williams. Oh hell yeah.

Forum List

Back