Obama whines about fox news

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
CNN) – Brushing off suggestions Tuesday the media is not critical enough of his administration, President Obama couldn't help but take aim at one cable news channel in particular.

"It's very hard for me to swallow that one," Obama told CNBC when asked whether he thinks the media is too easy on him. "First of all, I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration."

The interviewer quickly assumed Obama was referring to Fox News, a suggestion the president didn't disagree with.

"Well, that's a pretty big megaphone," he said. "And you'd be hard-pressed, if you watched the entire day, to find a positive story about me on that front."

"We welcome people who are asking us some, you know, tough questions," he continued. "And I think that I've been probably as accessible as any president in the first six months–press conferences, taking questions from reporters, being held accountable, being transparent about what it is that we're trying to do. I think that, actually, the reason that people have been generally positive about what we've tried to do is they feel as if I'm available and willing to answer questions, and we haven't been trying to hide them all. "

Obama struck a similar tone on the matter last month in his appearance before the White House Correspondents Dinner, during which he joked to the crowd, "Most of you covered me; all of you voted for me, apologies to the Fox table."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

what a dishonest whiner....i say we send mr. sensitive some cheese

the guy is whining that, allegedly, ONE news channel out of all of them don't like him. oh, perhaps he needs a hanky.

Hey, at least he didn't say Fox News was like the Special Olympics, so that's progress.

baby steps, baby steps.

Fox news attacks Obama just like MSNBC attacked Bush. I don't see it whining by stating a fact. Secondly is Palin whining when Letterman makes jokes about her kids? I don't wanna start a palin vs letterman fight, I was just noting that Palin responded to negative comments. Obama was asked the question and he responded.

Whining would be if he made a speech attacking fox news.

Comedians will demonize Obama soon enough. He's just not as funny on the surface as W. i.e. Maher made his final monologue all about how Obama should be a dick like Bush and basically called the president a pussy.

Fakes News doesn't go after Barry the Manchild anywhere near like the way GLBTNBC attacks everyone and everyone who doesn't toe the DNC party line.

And I'd like anyone to link to an instance where any Fakes News reporter or commentator was called to the carpet for having the temerity to criticize anyone, let alone a republican, the way that Jim Kramer and Rick Santelli were at CNBC.

I see a lot of comments here and on other message boards, but not one addresses the real problem. We in The USA have NO media outlets that are NOT biased anymore. After years of pandering rto the most base instincts of the public to achieve ratings, we the people have to sift through at least a couple of "news" outlets to try to figure out what the story is without all the political trimmings. Not one news outlet is without bias of some sort, not one.
That is the reason I am reading huffpost in one window and drudge in the other. Neither one is without bias and neither one can be trusted on it's own to accuratly report any given story. One can go down the entire list of media outlets and find that each and every one has a particular political slant to it.
In my opinion, unless the American people can minimize the outrageous partisan politics propagated by BOTH sides and find a middle ground, our nation as we know it will be no more. There are too many that will take any issue and argue by proxy, ie: spin it into a partisan issue and resort to personal attacks on those that oppose them. Both sides are guilty. Wake up people, the two party system is simply a means of exerting control over us by diverting our attentiuon away from the real issues.
In my opinion, Mr. Obama is neither a demon or a messiah. In my opinion, he really isn't that different than Mr. Bush or Mr Clinton. The sad thing is that his presidency appears to be following the same trail that Mr. Carter's presidency did. If memory serves, Mr. Carter started out very strong and bold, with the support of a large majority of the people. By the time he left office, he was seen by a large majority of us a a failure as president.
I just don't think that Mr. Obama intended his statement that is the basis of this article to be such a big deal. Any of us that have observed the media in the last several years, and honest enough to admit it would agree that there are no unbiased media sources. It appears that Mr. Obama was acknowledging that. It would have been reasonable for him to point out at the same time that outlets like NBC and Huffpost have acted in the opposite manner, sorta like a cheerleader for him. While FOX and Drudge have taken the opposing view.
The people that made the comments that FOX personalities should be prosecuted for their broadcasts don't seem to remember that the majority of the media outlets treated Mr. Bush much worse than FOX treats Mr. Obama. The thing to remember is that if you curb the ability of the opposing side to comment, criticize, and (yes) torment your guy, the next time it might be your guy and his supporters being shut down. I find it hard to believe that any of us want that to happen.
I would like to offer a simple suggestion as a way to overcome the control over the people that the two party system has over us;
Next time you encounter someone with an opposing opinion instead of resorting to personal attacks try to break the issue down to it's most basic form. Once you do that, you will find that there is plenty of common ground between us, yet there is still room for disagreement. After all, despite being Republicans or Democrats, we are US Citizens, we do hold common beliefs and common goals, as well as the land itself.
In my opinion, unless we can overcome the control that the two party system has over us, the nation as we know it will simply cease to exist.
'scuse my spelling and grammer, I never claimed to be an english professor.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It just shows how immature and un sophisticated he is.. he has no business in the office he holds.

CNN) – Brushing off suggestions Tuesday the media is not critical enough of his administration, President Obama couldn't help but take aim at one cable news channel in particular.

"It's very hard for me to swallow that one," Obama told CNBC when asked whether he thinks the media is too easy on him. "First of all, I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration."

The interviewer quickly assumed Obama was referring to Fox News, a suggestion the president didn't disagree with.

"Well, that's a pretty big megaphone," he said. "And you'd be hard-pressed, if you watched the entire day, to find a positive story about me on that front."

"We welcome people who are asking us some, you know, tough questions," he continued. "And I think that I've been probably as accessible as any president in the first six months–press conferences, taking questions from reporters, being held accountable, being transparent about what it is that we're trying to do. I think that, actually, the reason that people have been generally positive about what we've tried to do is they feel as if I'm available and willing to answer questions, and we haven't been trying to hide them all. "

Obama struck a similar tone on the matter last month in his appearance before the White House Correspondents Dinner, during which he joked to the crowd, "Most of you covered me; all of you voted for me, apologies to the Fox table."

the guy is whining that, allegedly, ONE news channel out of all of them don't like him. oh, perhaps he needs a hanky.

That's the biggest crock of shit ever to come outta his mouth.. He dosen't even watch Fox news. he's just repeated what KOS and Media Matters tells him.. Grow the fuck up obamalama, grow the fuck up!

That's the biggest crock of shit ever to come outta his mouth.. He dosen't even watch Fox news. he's just repeated what KOS and Media Matters tells him.. Grow the fuck up obamalama, grow the fuck up!

Oh goody, you have a link to support your statement he doesn't watch it. Share, share, share. I am dying to see how you know what he does and does not watch. Are you a fly on his wall?

Oh goody, you have a link to support your statement he doesn't watch it. Share, share, share. I am dying to see how you know what he does and does not watch. Are you a fly on his wall?

well, let's just say if he has the lesiure time to watch fox news then he isn't doing his job.. and you have to watch long and hard to prove Fox News is in the business of taking the petty bastard down!

Obama remains a weak figurehead.

His lack of maturity simply states if you are not 110% for everything he says then you are 110% against him.

That is a sign of a spoiled child...

Everyone sees the news through the mirror which is them. Fox is the only station with confirmed information that news is to be spun in favor of republicans. That would make them an arm of the republican party. But who cares, they suck anyway, watching them lowers your IQ.

Personally my biggest grip against all new agencies is they are corporate owned and backed. Even NPR which shouldn't be that way is a lukewarm mix of mostly who cares news. There is great irony in news being called biased, of course they are biased, do you really think they want to lose their corporate support? And even those people from NPR want love. The day you see hard hitting info on our sick health care industry, or the outsourcing of our work and knowledge, or the poverty in America, you know you are dreaming. You better lay off all those overpriced medicines advertised each evening around news time. If you experience a thought lasting more than four minutes call your doctor immediately or turn on Glenn Beck.

Why do you think all criticism is aimed at government on the news and even on USMB, G is a large abstraction, easy to criticize, like the weather, and since it is essential but amorphous, anything you say about it is fine so long as you don't say why walmart makes billions and buys all its crap from China but screws its employees, those quaint Americans you see smiling in walmart ads.

Last edited:
Everyone sees the news through the mirror which is them. Fox is the only station with confirmed information that news is to be spun in favor of republicans. That would make them an arm of the republican party. But who cares, they suck anyway, watching them lowers your IQ.

Personally my biggest grip against all new agencies is they are corporate owned and backed. Even NPR which shouldn't be that way is a lukewarm mix of mostly who cares news. There is great irony in news being called biased, of course they are biased, do you really think they want to lose their corporate support? And even those people from NPR want love. The day you see hard hitting info on our sick health care industry, or the outsourcing of our work and knowledge, or the poverty in America, you know you are dreaming. You better lay off all those overpriced medicines advertised each evening around news time. If you experience a thought lasting more than four minutes call your doctor immediately or turn on Glenn Beck.

Why do you think all criticism is aimed at government on the news and even on USMB, G is a large abstraction, easy to criticize, like the weather, and since it is essential but amorphous, anything you say about it is fine so long as you don't say why walmart makes billions and buys all its crap from China but screws its employees, those quaint Americans you see smiling in walmart ads.

so then you must admit that all others stations are an extenstion of the democratic party arm....

nice self pwn midcan

Actually what was shown was that FOX was the least biased of the television networks, showing both sides. Due to that, they has more pro-RNC reports than the others; yet still more left leaning than right leaning.

Moreover, reporters on FOX were shown to be as liberal as reporters at the other television networks.

"Moreover, reporters on FOX were shown to be as liberal as reporters at the other television networks."

When? Where? How?

"Moreover, reporters on FOX were shown to be as liberal as reporters at the other television networks."

When? Where? How?

They've been posted several times. University studies. Standford, U of Chicago, and I think U of Missouri-Columbia. You go search...

Forum List

Back