Obama: What an IDIOT!!!

Listen you pompous ass...the earth has been around longer than you or I. and will still be here when you blowhards leave it. so go jump on your bicycle and come and get me to fight...I'll have to warn you though...I'd probably kick your ass:lol:

good argument!! I'm speechless. Let me get this straight: the earth has been around longer than us, so... we should destroy it as fast as we can while we are here, so that nobody else gets to enjoy it, and all for short-term economic gain? Maybe you repubs were all dropped on your head when you were babies, and you can't think more than two economics quarters into the future. You care for no one but yourselves, and the current generation, and of the current generation, only those with the same skin color and those in the same socio-economic class as you. Wow, talk about broadening your horizons! You really go the extra mile to be a decent person! Oh, but that's right... you believe in Jesus. So, your saved! What a crock of shit. You are very ignorant, and your ideology is ruining not only this country, but this world, and everyone and everything in it. You do not have a monopoly on truth, only it is apparent that this is your belief.

BTW... if you can kick my ass, that's hot.

my gawd, you really are a blowhard...jeeze
Our country and the people in it NEED JOBS..not worshipping at the Mother earth..

I understand we need jobs, but not at the cost of ANYTHING. Can't there be a balance? We have to have principles, and destroying the environment in which we evolved should not be one of them. Have some integrity, and don't think that humans needing jobs is cause for destroying everything around us. If you really want to find a job, use that republican work ethic of yours and go get one. Its funny how republicans love to make fun of the poor and how lazy they are, yet think that a magic pipeline is the only hope for jobs, and that without it, none will exist. It sounds like an excuse to me. It is the EASY way out, and as such, has the highest external cost. Willing to sacrifice such precious things for something so transient and fleeting as jobs, when we all know the economy is entirely unstable and will likely crash again like it just did, due to republican efforts to deregulate everything. I swear, you must be brain dead to sustain your ideology. Exactly how many jobs is this pipeline going to create relative to the current labor force? A very small percentage. This is not a solution to anything, and only will represent a 'placebo' effect which will amount to a mini-bubble among those in the industry and its proponents. It will not significantly effect domestic gas prices, and hence will not significantly help our economy as a whole.

Cornell said 2400 to 4600 jobs for 2 years, and this is a new route only months old. Pub/corporate/Fox/Rush dupes!! The amount of crap you believe is amazing. Thanks for ruining the country pandering to the greedy mega rich, morons...

So I take it you would prefer 1 million barrels despoiling the coast of Alaska i.e. Exxon Valdez versus 300 barrels spilled in less the 1 mile?

Why are you so in favor of destroying the environment???

Fact: This is a new route that hasn't been studied. It endangers the Sandhills Bird Sanctuary. The 20k job figure from the oil company turns out to be 20k man years, 6500/year for 3 years. You pub dupes believe so much crappe it's ridiculous. Your heroes are bought off, lying con men/cronyists. Change the channel.

Last edited:
Fact: This is a new route that hasn't been studied. It endangers the Sandhills Bird Sanctuary. The 20k job figure turns out to be 20k man years, 6500/year for 3 years. You pub dupes believe so much crappe it's ridiclouse. Your heroes are bought off, lying con men/cronyists. Change the channel.

well of course BIRDS are much more important than the Amercian citizens and JOBS.

Fact: This is a new route that hasn't been studied. It endangers the Sandhills Bird Sanctuary. The 20k job figure from the oil company turns out to be 20k man years, 6500/year for 3 years. You pub dupes believe so much crappe it's ridiculous. Your heroes are bought off, lying con men/cronyists. Change the channel.

AMEN!!! Finally. some godamn sense on this board.

AMEN!!! Finally. some godamn sense on this board.

Cute excuse.

Void of intelligence.

Hey lets keep this thing locked up by continuing to move the route, any excuse will do.

You know...and I do realize this has nothing to do with the pipeline... but no one even bothered to discuss or comment on our ridiculously wasteful electrical grid that I mentioned. Perhaps I should have mentioned it into the Rachael Maddow thread, because that would do more for how we do business and impact our daily lives(not to mention create more jobs) than any fucking pipeline. It is truly a "Hoover Dam" kind of project.

Wrong- this is a new route, only months old proposal. D'OH!!

Chicago
President Obama announced Wednesday he is putting the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline expansion project on hold, saying a decision can’t be made by the February deadline imposed by Congress. While environmental groups cheered the news, the setback is temporary and the pipeline operator says it will resubmit plans to have the pipeline running in 2014.

Skip to next paragraph Related stories
What the Keystone XL pipeline would mean for the USWhite House may reject oil pipeline, Feb. deadline 'purely political' Keystone XL pipeline: a jobs coup for Republicans in tax deal? Keystone XL pipeline delayed: Does that help Obama? Topics
Oil Pipelines Oil and Gas Storage and Transportation Pipeline Transportation Natural Gas Pipelines Diplomacy International Relations Political Policy The decision to deny the company its permit, issued through the US State Department, is considered a political risk by the president with Republican leaders saying that preventing the pipeline – proposed to be the largest of its kind in North American – is harmful to the national interest by limiting energy security and preventing job creation.

The Obama administration was first expected to rule on the permit, sought by operator TransCanada of Alberta, Canada, by late December. However, the administration sought a one-year extension, saying a more thorough environmental assessment was needed, including further exploration of alternate routes.

Republicans in Congress, in return for their support for an extension of the payroll tax holiday, forced the new Feb. 21 deadline, a date that Mr. Obama on Wednesday called “rushed and arbitrary.”

What the Keystone XL pipeline would mean for the US

His statement stressed the decision was not a ruling on the merits of the pipeline, but on the action of Congress, which he said, “prevented the State Department from gathering the information necessary to approve the project and protect the American people.”

“I’m disappointed that Republicans in Congress forced this decision, but it does not change my administration’s commitment to American-made energy that creates jobs and reduces our dependence on oil,” he said.

Obama puts Keystone pipeline on hold, decries 'rushed and arbitrary' deadline - CSMonitor.com

The misinformation Pubs get away with is amazing....aren't you tired of mouthing lies?

Wrong- this is a new route, only months old proposal. D'OH!!

Chicago
President Obama announced Wednesday he is putting the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline expansion project on hold, saying a decision can’t be made by the February deadline imposed by Congress. While environmental groups cheered the news, the setback is temporary and the pipeline operator says it will resubmit plans to have the pipeline running in 2014.

Skip to next paragraph Related stories
What the Keystone XL pipeline would mean for the USWhite House may reject oil pipeline, Feb. deadline 'purely political' Keystone XL pipeline: a jobs coup for Republicans in tax deal? Keystone XL pipeline delayed: Does that help Obama? Topics
Oil Pipelines Oil and Gas Storage and Transportation Pipeline Transportation Natural Gas Pipelines Diplomacy International Relations Political Policy The decision to deny the company its permit, issued through the US State Department, is considered a political risk by the president with Republican leaders saying that preventing the pipeline – proposed to be the largest of its kind in North American – is harmful to the national interest by limiting energy security and preventing job creation.

The Obama administration was first expected to rule on the permit, sought by operator TransCanada of Alberta, Canada, by late December. However, the administration sought a one-year extension, saying a more thorough environmental assessment was needed, including further exploration of alternate routes.

Republicans in Congress, in return for their support for an extension of the payroll tax holiday, forced the new Feb. 21 deadline, a date that Mr. Obama on Wednesday called “rushed and arbitrary.”

What the Keystone XL pipeline would mean for the US

His statement stressed the decision was not a ruling on the merits of the pipeline, but on the action of Congress, which he said, “prevented the State Department from gathering the information necessary to approve the project and protect the American people.”

“I’m disappointed that Republicans in Congress forced this decision, but it does not change my administration’s commitment to American-made energy that creates jobs and reduces our dependence on oil,” he said.

Obama puts Keystone pipeline on hold, decries 'rushed and arbitrary' deadline - CSMonitor.com

The misinformation Pubs get away with is amazing....aren't you tired of mouthing lies?
YAKSQUEEZE. Try 2008 dickbrain.

So again.. YOU would rather pollute 20,000 miles of ocean with 1 million barrels from a shipwrecked tanker then at most 300 barrels in less then 1 mile!

YOU need to explain your thinking!
Since when is it better to spill 1 million barrels versus 300 barrels?

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

You know...and I do realize this has nothing to do with the pipeline... but no one even bothered to discuss or comment on our ridiculously wasteful electrical grid that I mentioned. Perhaps I should have mentioned it into the Rachael Maddow thread, because that would do more for how we do business and impact our daily lives(not to mention create more jobs) than any fucking pipeline. It is truly a "Hoover Dam" kind of project.

Oh really? Wasn't Obama touting the virtues of "shovel ready" jobs? Talk about Hoover dam level work... :lol:

Do you realize the thousands of engineering, technical, support, IT, etc. jobs this would have created?

Actually it makes perfect sense. This way we still have to purchase Venezuelan oil and Soros is a big investor in them. The Koch brothers on the other hand are invested in the non-conflict oil...so by definition, because it's them it must be bad. Oh and I'm sure Soros isn't giving Obama any money at all. Nope, none at all.

Last edited:
Actually it makes perfect sense. This way we still have to purchase Venezuelan oil and Soros is a big invetor in them. The Koch brothers on the other hand are invested in the non-conflict oil...so by definition, because it's them it must be bad. Oh and I'm sure Soros isn't giving Obama any money at all. Nope, none at all.
Don't forget Brazil and Obama's pledge to that (Soros) interest that WE would be thier best customers...

I would just like a simple answer from the pipeline opponents..
Which would cause more environmental damage i.e. Exxon Valdez.. 1 million oil tanker in 20,000 square miles of the ocean..
or
1 mile of leaking pipeline with 300 barrels at one time in the one mile pipe?

Oh really? Wasn't Obama touting the virtues of "shovel ready" jobs? Talk about Hoover dam level work... :lol:

Do you realize the thousands of engineering, technical, support, IT, etc. jobs this would have created?

Exactly... why isn't this the focus instead of some stupid fucking pipeline that does nothing other than give us a little more time before we have to switch over to some renewable source of energy?

The thing is, our electrical grid is so inefficient that 60% of the electricity generated is lost in transmission. This is bad for Business and bad for the consumer... both of which PAY for those losses in their bills. It is also a huge waste of Fossil fuels, since most of our electricity is generated by Coal and Oil fired power plants.

Imagine if we could get up to the 80% efficiency that most European countries have, or the 90% efficiency that Japan has. Once again... just like the idea that ALL of our global Competition has Universal Health Care... MOST of our competition has Smart Grid technology and extremely efficient infrastructures..... and CHINA is catching up... they are taking their profits from OUR COMPANIES and reinvesting it in themselves.

I'll tell you what... if America falls behind... it will be for reasons like this... NOT because of "librul commies who want to destroy America". It will be because we don't take the time, resources or money to invest in our own country or our people.

We'd rather have another pipeline that will do nothing to the cost at the gas pump and only serves to kick the can down the road.

How many years have they been working on renewable energy?

This pipeline is something WE need now..not only for the energy that would come from a friendly neighbor, but FOR JOBS..remember those things Obama and the Democrats say they were focused on..?

I'm totally disgusted with this President..

This pipeline is something WE need now..not only for the energy that would come from a friendly neighbor, but FOR JOBS..remember those things Obama and the Democrats say they were focused on..?

Didn't say much about renewable energy, did I? I was talking about our 1940's technology electrical grid. I'd bet more PERMANENT JOBS would be created in the upgrade and maintenance of a smart grid than the pipeline.

You see, I think the problem is that "big energy" doesn't want the smart grid. Because they charge us for their inefficiency....at a profit.... yes, they even profit on the inefficiencies. If we went to a more efficient transmission of our electricity, they wouldn't be able to gouge us as much.

Did you ever think that the reason we've been working on renewable energy for so long is that the energy lobby really doesn't want it to happen?

Look, I'm not all that much of a tree hugger.... but you have to think beyond the "political" box. I know it's easy to blame gubmint for everything... but there are other forces out there that manipulate too.

That's why I question the Conservative mantra of "Critical Thinking". The only thing that Conservatives Apply those skills to is government, and more specifically... Obama.

Didn't say much about renewable energy, did I? I was talking about our 1940's technology electrical grid. I'd bet more PERMANENT JOBS would be created in the upgrade and maintenance of a smart grid than the pipeline.

You see, I think the problem is that "big energy" doesn't want the smart grid. Because they charge us for their inefficiency....at a profit.... yes, they even profit on the inefficiencies. If we went to a more efficient transmission of our electricity, they wouldn't be able to gouge us as much.

Did you ever think that the reason we've been working on renewable energy for so long is that the energy lobby really doesn't want it to happen?

Look, I'm not all that much of a tree hugger.... but you have to think beyond the "political" box. I know it's easy to blame gubmint for everything... but there are other forces out there that manipulate too.

That's why I question the Conservative mantra of "Critical Thinking". The only thing that Conservatives Apply those skills to is government, and more specifically... Obama.

here's a clue, I don't know any Conservative who is AGAINST renewable energy...but we are talking the here and now...and our country and lives run off OIL and this could of helped those unemployed and not be some huge fuckoff to our neighbor, Canada....
so much for your others don't have critical thinking..and what I said about Obama and his comrades in arms administration still stands...THEY all disgust me

Last edited:

Forum List

Back