Obama WHACKING BUSHCO's Medicare D!!!

Nope...These are the facts:

1) Chimpy McShrub stole the entire idea for Medicare D from democratics, to take the issue off the table.

2) Democratics are now running the program into the ground, as though they had never ever pushed the notion of "free" prescription medications as part of Medicare.

3) Deflection fails.

you got yourself a case of REVISIONIST HISTORY on this one dude.

Yes democrats wanted prescription drug coverage, I'll give you that...but President Bush's/the Republican's Medicare Pill bill was the REPUBLICAN PLAN 100%, in fact they locked Democrats out of the meetings while they had the PHARMA lobbyists write the BILL...

and the Republican Bill, made it against the law to negotiate with PHARMA for bulk discounts like the VA does, and made it against the law for states like mine, to buy our drugs for medicaid recipients from Canada.

THIS is what the Republicans did to the Democratic idea, and THIS makes the Republican bill, which they passed illegally I might add, in the house of representatives, by holding out a 15 minute vote, which came out the NAYS in majority, was held opened, whilte the republicans TWISTED AND BRIBED other members with PHARMA money and other things to change their vote...it took them 3 hours with the vote left hanging that had already ended after the initial 15 minutes, until 3 am...when they FINALLY had enough republicans who voted no on the bill to change their vote to yes, so that THEIR Pill bill would pass.

And the Republican, billy tauzine, who was the head of the Republican bill and committee running the show for the pill pill, resigned shortly after it passed the house to go work for PHARMA at a multi million dollar salary....

So PLEASE don't be rewriting history on this one....I was up till 4 am watching precisely what the republicans did to pass THEIR BILL.

Care
And if the dems had written the plan, they would've followed the same procedure.

The scam remained the same, only the (D)s and (R)s were changed.

Before this turns into a Democrat bashing thread, everyone agrees that MediCare part D was a GOP idea, right?
Wrong...It was stolen from the democratics --who had pissed, whined and moaned for a Medicare drug program for years upon years-- to take the issue off the table.

And one that gives the pharmaceuticals such a SWEET deal was the BEST that Bush and the GOP could do?

Nope...These are the facts:

1) Chimpy McShrub stole the entire idea for Medicare D from democratics, to take the issue off the table.

2) Democratics are now running the program into the ground, as though they had never ever pushed the notion of "free" prescription medications as part of Medicare.

3) Deflection fails.

you got yourself a case of REVISIONIST HISTORY on this one dude.

Yes democrats wanted prescription drug coverage, I'll give you that...but President Bush's/the Republican's Medicare Pill bill was the REPUBLICAN PLAN 100%, in fact they locked Democrats out of the meetings while they had the PHARMA lobbyists write the BILL...

and the Republican Bill, made it against the law to negotiate with PHARMA for bulk discounts like the VA does, and made it against the law for states like mine, to buy our drugs for medicaid recipients from Canada.

THIS is what the Republicans did to the Democratic idea, and THIS makes the Republican bill, which they passed illegally I might add, in the house of representatives, by holding out a 15 minute vote, which came out the NAYS in majority, was held opened, whilte the republicans TWISTED AND BRIBED other members with PHARMA money and other things to change their vote...it took them 3 hours with the vote left hanging that had already ended after the initial 15 minutes, until 3 am...when they FINALLY had enough republicans who voted no on the bill to change their vote to yes, so that THEIR Pill bill would pass.

And the Republican, billy tauzine, who was the head of the Republican bill and committee running the show for the pill pill, resigned shortly after it passed the house to go work for PHARMA at a multi million dollar salary....

So PLEASE don't be rewriting history on this one....I was up till 4 am watching precisely what the republicans did to pass THEIR BILL.

Care

all the demonRats had to do to UNDO medicare part D was to vote YES to the re importation of cheaper drugs from Canada.. but what did they do? they voted NO want to know why they voted NO. cause big pharma was shoving money up their axx. it's one of those special deals made for special people so they could get their dumbass legislation through..

Would've given BigPharm the same sweet deal, no matter who ended up taking credit/blame for the bill.

(D)s have their heads as far up the butts of BigPharm as the (R)s.

I disagree with you on this one....

there are favored industry or groups that always lobby one party more than another....

Unions and lawyers would be two that will donate to republicans but for the most part they lobby and donate to Democrats.

And with Republicans it is Oil and Pharma that ALWAYS donate more to the Republicans....

Oil industry in 2004 gave 82% of their political donations to Republicans and Democrats received 18% believe it is about the same with Pharma....I can find the precise number if you really want to know.....

Oh I believe both sides are bought out by different entities, but PHARMA AND OIL belong to the Republicans as far as who gets the most accumulated dough from them....on any given election.

If you have figures that prove otherwise, I'd love to see them.

The Democrats in the house, were absolutely against not being able to negotiate or buy from Canada....and even the ones in the Senate, like Kennedy were against not being able to negotiate and buy from Canada....they just all felt they could change the bill down the road to correct the Republican giveaway to PHARMA.

And which President signed this deal into law?
Irrlelvant.

I disagree with you on this one....

there are favored industry or groups that always lobby one party more than another....

Unions and lawyers would be two that will donate to republicans but for the most part they lobby and donate to Democrats.

And with Republicans it is Oil and Pharma that ALWAYS donate more to the Republicans....

Oil industry in 2004 gave 82% of their political donations to Republicans and Democrats received 18% believe it is about the same with Pharma....I can find the precise number if you really want to know.....

Oh I believe both sides are bought out by different entities, but PHARMA AND OIL belong to the Republicans as far as who gets the most accumulated dough from them....on any given election.

If you have figures that prove otherwise, I'd love to see them.

The Democrats in the house, were absolutely against not being able to negotiate or buy from Canada....and even the ones in the Senate, like Kennedy were against not being able to negotiate and buy from Canada....they just all felt they could change the bill down the road to correct the Republican giveaway to PHARMA.
Y'all gotta quit pretending that (D)s and (R)s aren't equal shills for BigCorp....Seriously.

Both have their hands out and both write laws to enhance the positions of their corporate flunkies, while limiting competitors.

Forum List

Back