Obama: "We're responsible for each other". Really? Since when?

There is a huge difference between helping and enabling. Barry is buying votes, pure an simple. Remember are radio ad right after he was elected of a lady taking about how barry was going to take care of her gas and rent not that he wase the President.

Illegals go home, I don't want you here getting benefits for free that I have to pay for.

Wait, you believe that chick or think that is what Obama is doing or just a liar confusing the topic?

There is a huge difference between helping and enabling. Barry is buying votes, pure an simple. Remember are radio ad right after he was elected of a lady taking about how barry was going to take care of her gas and rent not that he wase the President.

Illegals go home, I don't want you here getting benefits for free that I have to pay for.

Wait, you believe that chick or think that is what Obama is doing or just a liar confusing the topic?

Did you not hear this at least 10 times during the campaign...?
(Paraphrased for affect...but the point is the point)

'vote for me and 95% of you will see more money in your weekly paycheck during these hardest of times. Vote for my opponent and you wont see more money in your paycheck duiring these times when you need it the most'

Do you not see that as buying votes?

And are you so clouded that you truly do not think that taking the stance of "keep me in office and I will make sure you get the free stuff you deserve" is his way to ensure that he gets their votes?

That was the quote that stood out the most. That somehow I am responsible for John Doe or anyone else for me. Yet, I'm then told I cannot be judgemental about another person's lifestyle. Well, if I'M gonna be held responsible for that person, then I better damn well be allowed to make judgement on them. For example...........

- Shaquita the welfare queen should not be able to have more kids. She won't work. Blows money on the lottery. I'm responsible for her. So...no more kids. Drug test her. And if she is driving any car valued at over $3,000, we take it, sell it, and give her 3K to buy a used car. The rest goes into the general fund.

- Bubba the redneck trailor trash should not be able to keep getting drunk every day. He's lost his job for drunkenness. And all he wants to do is watch NASCAR and shoot guns all day. He can afford ammo because I subsidize his food, housing and healthcare.

- Pedro must go back. I'm not responsible for 6 billion people, only the 300 million US citizens. Sorry Mexicans, board the bus and go home. I can only be responsible for so many people, ya know?

- FAT PEOPLE. This is the one that hits me the hardest. If I am indeed responsible for everyone else, then my mild intolerance for fat asses is now full blown hate. If you are fucking fat, I'm tired of paying for your bills. Your health bills. Your food bills. You eat more, thus causing prices to be higher. Your car burns more gas due to more weight, thus, pushing gas prices higher. You consume more healthcare, thus, cause them to go up. Mr. Obama, tell ME, the person responsible for all others, how you're gonna stop obesity. Michelle pushing carrots ain't working.

So, Mr. President, now that you've told me I am responsible for everyone else, I am demanding a few changes in the lifestyle of my fellow people that I'm responsible for. The days of tolerance and not passing judgement are over. Gay people, you spread STD's faster than others simply because you don't use protection as often. Stop being gay. Fat people, stop being disgusting fat blobs and just screwing up countless things as a result. Shaquita? No more fucking kids, get a job, line up for a drug test. Bubba? You're done, no more booze.

But wait. HOW can we control all those people's behaviors? Obviously, to share responsibility, we must pass judgement and correct it. But how can we engage in this liberal utopian shared responsibility, while also having the freedom to be Shaquita, Bubba, Pedro, fat, gay, etc, etc, etc????? You can't be held responsible for each other while at the same time enjoying the freedom to succeed or be a fuck up.

Well, we can't. Thats why left wing ideology in full bloom always turns into a regime like Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Russia, and others. Because you need an overwhelming, central force to control the behaviors of the masses in order to fairly hold them all responsible for each other.

Welcome to tyranny folks.

It's called the social contract.

You signed onto this nation's version of it the day you were born.

I think the complaint is about those who are in beach of their social contract. Are you responsible for bailing them out because they won't do a job that they don't like ?

'vote for me and 95% of you will see more money in your weekly paycheck during these hardest of times. Vote for my opponent and you wont see more money in your paycheck duiring these times when you need it the most'

And are you so clouded that you truly do not think that taking the stance of "keep me in office and I will make sure you get the free stuff you deserve" is his way to ensure that he gets their votes?

You're off topic.

Do you or Sig believe that chick or think that is what Obama is doing or just a liar confusing the topic?

So, basically, you have no argument against what I said. Cool. :cool:

Jesus said 'render unto Caesar what it is Caesar's.'

It was his response to being asked whether people should pay their taxes.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
Carbie doesn't understand scripture. It's just a book to pick apart and use as it supports his argument.

That said, when you study the Bible on that phrase, you learn quickly that the question was a trap by the Pharisees in which they tried to prove that Jesus was fomenting a revolt against the Romans so he could be legally show to be aligned with rebels and therefore a criminal.

Jesus' response diffused the situation on a few levels. First, it left them no opening to call him a rebel, because he did not speak out against the onerous taxation by the Roman governor. Secondly He destroyed the premise of the argument that the Pharisees assumed that Jesus was preaching about a new sect of Judaism to combat their power and was interested in money or austerity. Thirdly, He illuminated that the riches of the Kingdom of Heaven is something OTHER than gold and wealth in the world.

Christ also never put anyone in a situation where they are to become dependent on another person. If there was a momentary need, it was filled, but it was not continually filled. He did not divide loaves and the fishes forever. He did it to take care of the physical needs of those who came to hear Him teach, not to live.

Even in the Old Testament, God provided the Israelites with manna from heaven to survive. But even then, there were specific rules for it. At first they could not store it or preserve it. It was enough for their needs. This was to teach them they could rely on Him and He was their God. Slowly, He began to ween them off Manna. It could then be preserved and stored, and when they finally were coming out of the wilderness, they were to then provide for themselves.

Independence and freedom for the individual is a theme throughout scripture. Permanent dependence is always a negative.

The social contract is a myth. You don't sign anything simply because of the fact of your birth. Why would I do you imagine a contract that no court of law in this nation would enforce is valid?

You're off topic.

Do you or Sig believe that chick or think that is what Obama is doing or just a liar confusing the topic?

lol...that woman was not an indication of the general sentiments of those that supported Obama...I believe she was sincere, but completely misguided....and the right capitalized on one rogue individual.

However, I have no doubt that the Obama agenda is designed to ensure a democratic majority for generations to come. The more they play on the class warfare thing and the more they get people to enjoy the advantages of entitlements, and the more people they get to capitalize on those entitlements and come to depend on those entitlements, the more they will be able to talk down the GOP ideas.

Lately some on the right have lionized JFK as a model for what liberalism should really mean. Didn't he say, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"? Isn't that basically the same thing, be responsible for the society as a whole?

That's called fascism, which is exactly what the OP endorsed.

You're off topic.

lol...that woman was not an indication of the general sentiments of those that supported Obama...I believe she was sincere, but completely misguided....and the right capitalized on one rogue individual.

However, I have no doubt that the Obama agenda is designed to ensure a democratic majority for generations to come. The more they play on the class warfare thing and the more they get people to enjoy the advantages of entitlements, and the more people they get to capitalize on those entitlements and come to depend on those entitlements, the more they will be able to talk down the GOP ideas.

At least you're honest which is more than I can say about Sigdickhead

You righties like to see entitlements (only to individuals, not corporations) as hindering someones will to succeed. Thats phoney. If you broke your leg and I gave you a crutch...I'm not making you less motived to walk. I'm giving you help until you can.

Shit, maybe we should just call entitlements "subsidies" then maybe the right will stop shitting all over the lowest rungs of society. Cause subsidies are cool, entitlements not cool.

That "buying" votes thing is so old it collects Social Security. You dont consider for ONE SECOND that maybe....just maybe people agree with Dem POLICIES. Isnt that even POSSIBLE?

You're off topic.

At least you're honest which is more than I can say about Sigdickhead

You righties like to see entitlements (only to individuals, not corporations) as hindering someones will to succeed. Thats phoney. If you broke your leg and I gave you a crutch...I'm not making you less motived to walk. I'm giving you help until you can.

Shit, maybe we should just call entitlements "subsidies" then maybe the right will stop shitting all over the lowest rungs of society. Cause subsidies are cool, entitlements not cool.

That "buying" votes thing is so old it collects Social Security. You dont consider for ONE SECOND that maybe....just maybe people agree with Dem POLICIES. Isnt that even POSSIBLE?

if you wish to use an analogy, use it correctly....

If I broke my leg and I was given a choice.....extensive painful rehab to ensure I walk properly once it heals...or a device that has no pain and allows me the same convenience as the painful rehab...what would I opt for?

Entitlements DO take away the effort to acheive on ones own.

A good example was what Peepers said on here earlier in the week.

She can not afford private healthcare. She spends 14K a year on rent. I told her she could get a roommate. She said she "paid her dues" and doesnt want one...and thus why she is all for an entitlement in healthcare...

But you see...she COULD afford private healthcare....but she opts not to so she doesnt need to have a roommate.....but if healthcare does not go through...and she loses her company plan...she would get a roommate and buy healthcare.,..

But if sdhe doesnt have to, she wont.

Lately some on the right have lionized JFK as a model for what liberalism should really mean. Didn't he say, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"? Isn't that basically the same thing, be responsible for the society as a whole?
Couple key points.

1. Ask what you can do for your country implies volunteerism... not being impressed into service. Charity and volunteerism is VOLUNTARY, not compulsory. If you do not want to do, or give, or pay... you don't have to. It calls to your compassionate spirit for what you can personally do. If all you have is your time and feel moved, Give. If it's money, Pay. If it's skill, Work. But there is no penalty for refusing to give either.

2. "Ask not what your country can do for you." Do you realize what that statement even means? It means QUIT BEING DEPENDENT OR THINKING THE NATION OWES YOU ANYTHING.

3. You assume the government = county. it is not. It is greater than that. It is your neighbor, your family, your friends, your church, your business. It works to inspire you to do things beyond yourself and give out of your excess to those around you. There are thousands of ways to give to your country without involving one government bureaucrat. It's a call to excellence for all Americans, with or without the Government.

4. Nowhere is there the implication that you are liable/responsible/accountable for your neighbor's actions or life. You are an individual. A group of one. Not a demographic. Individuals have rights, groups do not. You are responsible for your own actions and life. If you CHOOSE of your own free will to improve the lives of others, it is considered good to do so. Also, you should be able to take care of yourself and your own needs. There is no reason to expect that others should take care of you.

It astounds me how collectivist moral relativism perverts basic ethics and traditional American values.
5. Personal responsibility

That was the quote that stood out the most. That somehow I am responsible for John Doe or anyone else for me. Yet, I'm then told I cannot be judgemental about another person's lifestyle. Well, if I'M gonna be held responsible for that person, then I better damn well be allowed to make judgement on them. For example...........

- Shaquita the welfare queen should not be able to have more kids. She won't work. Blows money on the lottery. I'm responsible for her. So...no more kids. Drug test her. And if she is driving any car valued at over $3,000, we take it, sell it, and give her 3K to buy a used car. The rest goes into the general fund.

- Bubba the redneck trailor trash should not be able to keep getting drunk every day. He's lost his job for drunkenness. And all he wants to do is watch NASCAR and shoot guns all day. He can afford ammo because I subsidize his food, housing and healthcare.

- Pedro must go back. I'm not responsible for 6 billion people, only the 300 million US citizens. Sorry Mexicans, board the bus and go home. I can only be responsible for so many people, ya know?

- FAT PEOPLE. This is the one that hits me the hardest. If I am indeed responsible for everyone else, then my mild intolerance for fat asses is now full blown hate. If you are fucking fat, I'm tired of paying for your bills. Your health bills. Your food bills. You eat more, thus causing prices to be higher. Your car burns more gas due to more weight, thus, pushing gas prices higher. You consume more healthcare, thus, cause them to go up. Mr. Obama, tell ME, the person responsible for all others, how you're gonna stop obesity. Michelle pushing carrots ain't working.

So, Mr. President, now that you've told me I am responsible for everyone else, I am demanding a few changes in the lifestyle of my fellow people that I'm responsible for. The days of tolerance and not passing judgement are over. Gay people, you spread STD's faster than others simply because you don't use protection as often. Stop being gay. Fat people, stop being disgusting fat blobs and just screwing up countless things as a result. Shaquita? No more fucking kids, get a job, line up for a drug test. Bubba? You're done, no more booze.

But wait. HOW can we control all those people's behaviors? Obviously, to share responsibility, we must pass judgement and correct it. But how can we engage in this liberal utopian shared responsibility, while also having the freedom to be Shaquita, Bubba, Pedro, fat, gay, etc, etc, etc????? You can't be held responsible for each other while at the same time enjoying the freedom to succeed or be a fuck up.

Well, we can't. Thats why left wing ideology in full bloom always turns into a regime like Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Russia, and others. Because you need an overwhelming, central force to control the behaviors of the masses in order to fairly hold them all responsible for each other.

Welcome to tyranny folks.

Welcome to contract arbitration, my friend. I want the previous contract where all men are imbued with personal responsibility, assumption of risk and the liberty to succeed or fail as far as his ability takes them.

I'm firing the Nanny State. I want a Daddy State that tells you to quit throwing a tantrum over toys or you'll get a spanking.

Obama: "We're responsible for each other". Really? Since when?
The Sixth Century B.C.

"A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all four."

“UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.” - Æsop​

Most literate-children learn this, fairly early.​

Some of you need to reread the Preamble to the Constitution,

which is a mandate and rationale for establishing a government based on collective responsibilities.

so·ci·e·ty [ sə s ətee ]
relationships among groups: the sum of social relationships among groups of humans or animals
structured community of people: a structured community of people bound together by similar traditions, institutions, or nationality
customs of a community: the customs of a community and the way it is organized, e.g. its class structure

the right wing leaders have these peoples minds so wrapped up they cant think for themselves.

How is it these "christains" are so sure no one should help their fellow man.

I am my brother's keeper.

This is a basic Christian philosophy.

This is what Jesus teached, preached and lived.

Sadly, for liberals and their limited understanding of English, this does NOT mean we are responsible for other people. It means that we are responsible to God for OUR actions regarding other people. And sometimes, the most responsible action we can take toward other people is to let them be responsible for their own actions.

Yes, devotion to God and devotion to country are two different things.

You can, of course, like the people in "Jesus Camp", rewrite the pledge of allegiance.

I'm often taken by the attack on the ideal of collectivism , especially since the heat seems to be turned up in recent times.

Perhaps the Q you should be asking is, are we a collective society?, or are we islands? Collectivism isn't that funky a concept really....

In fact, it would seem to me that collectivism is inheretly human in nature , right on back to when cavemen hunted in packs.

Collectivism is what bonded Americans together to start this country, it's what made us roll up our sleeves and free Europe from fascism in the 40's, and put a man on the moon in the 60's

Collective bargaining resulted in the middle class's best standard of living in the free world

Together we stand, Divided we fall , which i believe we still subscribe to desribes the might of collectivism , as well as the weakness of it's lack in a single phrase

The new Collossus on the Statue of Liberty openly invites the tired, poor, huddled, wretched & homeless to America to partake in collectivism

In fact, does anyone dispute collectivism as indoctrinated and institutionalized as part of the American spirit?

So where did it all get such a bad rap , i would ask?

and oh, do i look fat in this post?

Yes...Yes you do.

Really. What did poor people do for the first 150 years of this country? Did the poor suddenly appear in the twentieth century?

The poor were here. Volunteerism failed. The government of the People, by the People, for the People stepped in to help,

where volunteerism failed.

Go to a country that doesn't have a social safety net, that doesn't have a compassionate government that through its ELECTED representatives chooses to alleviate the burdens of poverty.

Tell me if that is what you want America to look like.

"Volunteerism" is a synonym for "Freedom".

So, in your own words, freedom failed? Because if something isn't voluntary, then it becomes mandatory. And if things start becoming mandatory, we are no longer free.

So how left wingism has historically turned into tyrannical governments like those seen in the USSR, China, North Korea, Cuba, Burma, etc, etct????

So if I refuse to "volunteer" my income to pay for the bad decisions of others, then you feel the government must take my income by force to be given to those people?

In what land of the inbred dictionary is volunteerism a synonym for freedom?

The United States could not exist as a nation if we let everyone opt out of paying the shares of their taxes that go to things they don't like. For starters, a good deal of people would say they didn't like anything, and opt out of paying any taxes.

And your beloved military would all but cease to exist.

Happy now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back