Obama: "We're out of money"

C-101

Old School Conservative
Apr 10, 2009
N. Korea
DRUDGE REPORT: OBAMA SAYS 'WE'RE OUT OF MONEY' 2009®

In a sobering holiday interview with C-SPAN, President Obama boldly told Americans: "We are out of money."

C-SPAN host Steve Scully broke from a meek Washington press corps with probing questions for the new president.

SCULLY: You know the numbers, $1.7 trillion debt, a national deficit of $11 trillion. At what point do we run out of money?

OBAMA: Well, we are out of money now. We are operating in deep deficits, not caused by any decisions we've made on health care so far. This is a consequence of the crisis that we've seen and in fact our failure to make some good decisions on health care over the last several decades.

So we've got a short-term problem, which is we had to spend a lot of money to salvage our financial system, we had to deal with the auto companies, a huge recession which drains tax revenue at the same time it's putting more pressure on governments to provide unemployment insurance or make sure that food stamps are available for people who have been laid off.

So we have a short-term problem and we also have a long-term problem. The short-term problem is dwarfed by the long-term problem. And the long-term problem is Medicaid and Medicare. If we don't reduce long-term health care inflation substantially, we can't get control of the deficit.

So, one option is just to do nothing. We say, well, it's too expensive for us to make some short-term investments in health care. We can't afford it. We've got this big deficit. Let's just keep the health care system that we've got now.

Along that trajectory, we will see health care cost as an overall share of our federal spending grow and grow and grow and grow until essentially it consumes everything...

Help me out here, I don't understand this logic.

"We're out of money", so therefore we should spend more money?

At what point does "we're out of money" translate from words to action?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
interesting, being "out of money" is only a short term problem
one we have had for at least the past 30 years

So the government not running health care is the reason we are out of money?

How fucking stupid are you people who voted for him?

Well, they're REALLY fucking stupid... they BUY that shit he spews...
sorry-3.gif

The guy is a complete fucking, lying, witless buffoon that has screwed us into certain financial oblivion, but yet his disciples still want to lick his ass. You tell me... how can a person truly be so dense as to still support such a filthy, lying moron?

Last edited:
Well, you have to understand, he ISN'T Bush. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, which was, according to our Democratic friends VERY BAD. Obama will triple the now DOUBLED deficit in just 4 years, which, again, according to our Democratic friends, is VERY GOOD.

He created a 3 TRILLION DOLLAR budget that does not even address his desire to rope us into Government run health care for all. Medicare is broke and he wants the Government to EXPAND it. We can not pay for the people we already have obligations too and his solution is to GET more people covered.

The ONLY way we lower health care costs is to create tort reform and malpractice reform. His solution will be to unconstitutionally REGULATE and control a portion of the US Economy he has NO POWER to control. To have the Government take over.

Last time I checked no government program is MORE efficient then private ones. We already can not pay for the part of the public we put on Socialized medicine and the solution to that is to get everyone covered.

The fact is, there aren't many options on the table. There are a bunch of old people headed for all kinds of medical cost in the new age of keeping people alive well beyond anything we've ever known. It's a for profit business, medicine and insurance, and medicaid can't keep up with making insurance companies and medical communities rich while everyone expects all the latest and best care. For the system to continue in it's current, for profit form, the majority of Americans will have to concede that they just don't get good care. That would be reserved for those that can pay for it.

Well, you have to understand, he ISN'T Bush. Bush doubled the deficit in 8 years, which was, according to our Democratic friends VERY BAD. Obama will triple the now DOUBLED deficit in just 4 years, which, again, according to our Democratic friends, is VERY GOOD.

He created a 3 TRILLION DOLLAR budget that does not even address his desire to rope us into Government run health care for all. Medicare is broke and he wants the Government to EXPAND it. We can not pay for the people we already have obligations too and his solution is to GET more people covered.

The ONLY way we lower health care costs is to create tort reform and malpractice reform. His solution will be to unconstitutionally REGULATE and control a portion of the US Economy he has NO POWER to control. To have the Government take over.

Last time I checked no government program is MORE efficient then private ones. We already can not pay for the part of the public we put on Socialized medicine and the solution to that is to get everyone covered.

Exactly... but yet even though he states, "we're out of money," he still wants to spend MORE! Exactly WHO is so DENSE as to LISTEN to this shit and NOT SEE THE PROBLEM?

Presidents have been spending while broke for a long time. You guys act like this is something new.

Presidents have been spending while broke for a long time. You guys act like this is something new.

The ENTIRE argument leading to the election included that Bush doubled the Deficit in 8 years and Obama would CUT the deficit. Instead you retards applaud while he announces plans to TRIPLE the deficit in 4 years.

The ENTIRE argument leading to the election included that Bush doubled the Deficit in 8 years and Obama would CUT the deficit. Instead you retards applaud while he announces plans to TRIPLE the deficit in 4 years.

Yup.... oblahma kool aide anyone?
stupid.gif

If you think there can be no recovery without massive debt, Barack Obama will sell you that.

If you want to hear about fiscal restraint, he will sell you that, too.

This is what makes whatever followers are left of his cult unadulterated morons.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

It's nothing new. Deficit spending is old hat. If you're spending imaginary money, in the billions, it matters not. The whole thing has gone too long, the correction is coming and we have to pay, no matter who has the reigns.

It's nothing new. Deficit spending is old hat. If you're spending imaginary money, in the billions, it matters not. The whole thing has gone too long, the correction is coming and we have to pay, no matter who has the reigns.

Your completely missing the point, and I can SMELL your apathy.

So what's the point? The President doesn't keep his promises? Tells lies? I figured that out by 1974. Hasn't changed since. It's the nature of the beast. It's not about lies or dishonesty, it's about if your liar won or not. Get over it.

So what's the point? The President doesn't keep his promises? Tells lies? I figured that out by 1974. Hasn't changed since. It's the nature of the beast. It's not about lies or dishonesty, it's about if your liar won or not. Get over it.

I don't have to get over shit jack.

The point is that things could have been fixed right, but instead oblahma did just the opposite thing. You get it now, or do you need further explanation?

but didnt he base his whole campaign on "CHANGE"?
why yes, yes he did

No, this President time and again, in his ever-lengthening speeches insists he is about a higher level of thinking and morality than any President before him.

There are things that he has decided to do that no other President has done before.

Go back and listen to his speeches.

No, this President time and again, in his ever-lengthening speeches insists he is about a higher level of thinking and morality than any President before him.

There are things that he has decided to do that no other President has done before.

And I guess you're going to tell me no politician has ever campaigned on such BS before?

No, again, your bullshitter didn't win. That's all. You got Obama. He's your leader. Cry, whine, deal with, don't deal with it, make the best of it, jump off a pill bottle. Won't change a thing.

And I guess you're going to tell me no politician has ever campaigned on such BS before?

No, again, your bullshitter didn't win. That's all. You got Obama. He's your leader. Cry, whine, deal with, don't deal with it, make the best of it, jump off a pill bottle. Won't change a thing.
yeah sure
like you assholes dealt with it the last 8 fucking years
:lol:

I don't have to get over shit jack.

The point is that things could have been fixed right, but instead oblahma did just the opposite thing. You get it now, or do you need further explanation?

Then don't get over it.

Fixed right eh? I don't even want to know.

Forum List

Back