Obama went around the world apologizing for the United States-another rightwing lie

From Huffpost Politics (formerly known as Politics Daily):
The Obama Apology Tour Does Turkey
If the notion that a President of the United States can improve the image of his country by apologizing for a past President (as well as for his own nation's past actions) angers you -- it ought to.

If you're suggesting that this opinion column is evidence that Obama has been apologizing because it comes from a liberal source disinclined to support Obama, it should be noted that the author of the column describes himself as "staunchly conservative" About Matt K. Lewis « Matt Lewis.

I think that Politifact's "pants on fire" rating is a bit harsh. Romney's statements were unfair mischaracterizations, and perhaps absurd, but they weren't blatantly counterfactual.

And Obama has apologized to foreign countries for US actions: AFP: Guatemala sex study revives painful memories in US.

From Huffpost Politics (formerly known as Politics Daily):
The Obama Apology Tour Does Turkey
If the notion that a President of the United States can improve the image of his country by apologizing for a past President (as well as for his own nation's past actions) angers you -- it ought to.

If you're suggesting that this opinion column is evidence that Obama has been apologizing because it comes from a liberal source disinclined to support Obama, it should be noted that the author of the column describes himself as "staunchly conservative" About Matt K. Lewis « Matt Lewis.

I think that Politifact's "pants on fire" rating is a bit harsh. Romney's statements were unfair mischaracterizations, and perhaps absurd, but they weren't blatantly counterfactual.

And Obama has apologized to foreign countries for US actions: AFP: Guatemala sex study revives painful memories in US.

I was glad Priesident Obama apologized for that, just as I was glad President Bush apologized to Jordan for the mistreatment of citizens at Abu Grabi.

IMHO, I think the reference to alleged apologies speaches is what Politifact was rating. Spot on.

Forum List

Back