Obama: ‘We Got Back Every Dime’ of Bailout; CBO: Bailout Will Lose $24 Billion

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
So which is it? Is Obama straight up lying to the public or is he too incompetent to understand our finances and what know what we're really spending? Either way shows him not capable of doing the job of POTUS.
By Matt Cover
October 15, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama said on Thursday that “we got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system."

According to the Congressional Budget Office, however, the government will lose about $24 billion on the bailout.

“The cost to the federal government of the TARP’s transactions (also referred to as the subsidy cost), including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, will amount to $24 billion,” said the CBO report, which was released on the same day Obama spoke.

A123 Battery just filed for bankruptcy after their 249 million stimulus money was gone.

No surprise there.

Oh wait. I thought that stimulus money created loads of jobs.

Guess not.

So which is it? Is Obama straight up lying to the public or is he too incompetent to understand our finances and what know what we're really spending? Either way shows him not capable of doing the job of POTUS.
By Matt Cover
October 15, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama said on Thursday that “we got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system."

According to the Congressional Budget Office, however, the government will lose about $24 billion on the bailout.

“The cost to the federal government of the TARP’s transactions (also referred to as the subsidy cost), including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, will amount to $24 billion,” said the CBO report, which was released on the same day Obama spoke.

And how about that whole Romney/Ryan tax cut idea? The CBO says it is not mathematically possible to do without increasing our deficit. Do you agree with the CBO on that?

Y'all can make fun of the failed stimulus all you want but I don't think it's funny at all. I'd gone out and bet the ranch on a ton of stock in Amalgamated United American Shovel Company, and lost my ass.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Y'all can make fun of the failed stimulus all you want but I don't think it's funny at all. I'd gone out and bet the ranch on a ton of stock in Amalgamated United American Shovel Company, and lost my ass.

You mean you actually thought that stimulus would work so you bet the ranch on it? :lmao:

The Fed is still printing $40 Billion a month to buy toxic mortgages from bailed out financial institutions. The Fed is still holding $2.5 Trillion of bad loan. Not to mention 500,000,000 shares of GM that they paid $60 a share for but is now trading for $22 a share.

I could believe he got back every dime, it went right into his reelection coffers. Why do you think the investments ended up in bankruptcy? Because it was never meant to bail anyone out, he was moving money from the tax payers to his supporters and in turn they moved the money back to him for his reelection and payoffs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back