Obama: 'We Don't Have a Spending Problem-$2.6m to Chinese Prostitutes??'

Now the military designed and built video games to teach troops too.

should that be abandoned as a way of teaching people because you dont think video games can teach people anything?

YOU CAN'T HAVE it both ways OK???
You said..
"Now the military designed and built video games to teach troops too.
should that be abandoned as a way of teaching people because you dont think video games can teach people anything?"

BUT I BET you FAVOR BANNING ALL GUNS and NOT violent video games right???

So you say the military finds video games effective teaching troops..
THEN what the hell do you think they do to the Adam Lanzas of the world?

YOU can't have it both ways... EITHER we ban video games because they are violent and YOU say the military finds them affective OR
YOU don't ban guns because the GUNS are ONLY tools like video games.. BAN them both or don't ban any!

Apparently Coeburn think he can have it both ways. Complains about spending on Amtrack and then votes them more pork.

Last edited:
wow your really going to balence our budget with those things huh?

go add them all up and tell us how much you saved us

About the same amount as overtaxing the successful and the job creators.

how well was this country doing when we had top tax rate of over 90%?

do you understand your whole meme is NOTHING but bullshit?

When the tax rate for the richest was 90%, the United States stood alone as the ONLY economic super power. The richest had no option to move their business elsewhere.

I hope you are smart enough to see the difference.

There is a thread on this forum titled: "Obama to Boehner: 'We Don't Have a Spending Problem'
OBAMA!!!!!

These are SPENDING PROBLEMS!!!
Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them --
costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve!

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
- Studying pig poop. The Environmental Protection Agency awarded a $141,450 grant under the Clean Air Act to fund a Chinese study on swine manure and
- a $1.2 million grant to the United Nations for clean fuel promotion.
- Amtrak snacks. Federally subsidized Amtrak lost $84.5 million on its food and beverage services in 2011 and $833.8 million over the past 10 years.
- Conferences for government employees. In 2008 and 2009 alone, the Department of Justice spent $121 million to host or participate in 1,832 conferences.

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

Why are OUR tax dollars being spent making sure Chinese prostitutes drink less or
estimating the number of Vietnamese male Prostitutes or pig poop studies, or this classic!!!
Amtrak spent $1.70 for every dollar it earned on food and beverage sales last year, leading to a loss of $84.5 million on the service, according to information provided to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee this week.

View attachment 23651
Fast Track to Losses: Amtrak Records $834 Million Loss on Food Sales Over Past Decade

In case you still don't understand: Amtrak food & beverage charges $1 for food & beverages that cost them $1.70!!!!
YOU CAN"T DO that and NOT run up $84 million in losses per year!!!

Really are these NOT SPENDING PROBLEMS????

Not having read the studies....what is specifically wrong with those expenditures other than you don't like them?

So spending $1.70 and collecting $1.00 is good business practice that should be continually rewarded with BORROWED money from foreign countries that makes sense???

And even MORE STUPID.. borrowing money from the Chinese so we can spend $2.6 million with the CHINESE illegal prostitution finding out why the drink on the job makes sense??

MAN... YOU people are really F...ked UP!!!
You don't reward bad behavior with throwing hard earned tax dollars, i.e. $1.4 million to vietnamese male prostitutes???

REALITY !

I have seen these "Government wastes my money" stories my whole life

They tend to be gross overstatements or misrepresentations of the purpose of the expenditure and potential benefits.

-Is pig manure an environmental and odor concern in this country? Can a study of the problem result in corrections and improvements?
- Does AMTRAK really pay $3.40 for a can of soda and $16.00 for each hamburger? Doesn't make sense does it?
-Is studying the causes and contributing factors of prostitution worthwhile?
-Is clean fuel worthwhile?
-Conferences? Everyone has conferences. Some are very beneficial, some are not

Without knowing the specifics of the expenditures it is difficult to accept the broad brush "Gubmint wasting money" conclusions

Last edited:
from 1930 to 1980 that top tax rate was 60% or over.

did this country collapse in those years?

Do you not remember the 20% mortgage rates that went with that? The good ole days indeed.

so you claim we had 20% mortgage rates for 50 years?

more fucking lying

I paid mortgage rate of 19% for about a year in the late seventies. About the same time some of my friends who were not as lucky as I, were part of the 14% unemployed, who along with everybody else had to pay more for everything, from week to week, month to month, with our debased and inflated dollars.

Seeing that when I bought my home and signed and could afford mortgage payments at 7%, paying 19% was to say the least, uncomfortable.

But then Carter was gone, Reagan elected and things got back to normal.

Last edited:
It did not happen in the years our top tax rates were in the range I talked about

There is a thread on this forum titled: "Obama to Boehner: 'We Don't Have a Spending Problem'
OBAMA!!!!!

These are SPENDING PROBLEMS!!!
Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them --
costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve!

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
- Studying pig poop. The Environmental Protection Agency awarded a $141,450 grant under the Clean Air Act to fund a Chinese study on swine manure and
- a $1.2 million grant to the United Nations for clean fuel promotion.
- Amtrak snacks. Federally subsidized Amtrak lost $84.5 million on its food and beverage services in 2011 and $833.8 million over the past 10 years.
- Conferences for government employees. In 2008 and 2009 alone, the Department of Justice spent $121 million to host or participate in 1,832 conferences.

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

Why are OUR tax dollars being spent making sure Chinese prostitutes drink less or
estimating the number of Vietnamese male Prostitutes or pig poop studies, or this classic!!!
Amtrak spent $1.70 for every dollar it earned on food and beverage sales last year, leading to a loss of $84.5 million on the service, according to information provided to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee this week.

View attachment 23651
Fast Track to Losses: Amtrak Records $834 Million Loss on Food Sales Over Past Decade

In case you still don't understand: Amtrak food & beverage charges $1 for food & beverages that cost them $1.70!!!!
YOU CAN"T DO that and NOT run up $84 million in losses per year!!!

Really are these NOT SPENDING PROBLEMS????

Not having read the studies....what is specifically wrong with those expenditures other than you don't like them?

So spending $1.70 and collecting $1.00 is good business practice that should be continually rewarded with BORROWED money from foreign countries that makes sense???

And even MORE STUPID.. borrowing money from the Chinese so we can spend $2.6 million with the CHINESE illegal prostitution finding out why the drink on the job makes sense??

MAN... YOU people are really F...ked UP!!!
You don't reward bad behavior with throwing hard earned tax dollars, i.e. $1.4 million to vietnamese male prostitutes???

REALITY !

So, somebody does a study that says AMTRAK spends $16.15 for a hamburger that it sells for $9.50 and pays $3.40 for a can of soda it sells for $2 and your bullshit detector doesn't go off?

Do you really think AMTRAK pays $3.40 for a can of soda that sells for 20 cents wholesale?

so you claim we had 20% mortgage rates for 50 years?

more fucking lying

No, not the whole 50, but it climbed there over time. I know I was paying 19% on my first place in the late 70s.

And yet you could afford to buy your first place at 19%?

And started my business while doing it, made a lot of scarifies to accomplish it though. It wasn't until really low rates though that I could afford to take my company to the next level of 12 employees instead of 2.

Forum List

Back