Obama: "We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country."

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' | The Weekly Standard

What the hell does that mean?

It means if he engages in enough doubletalk no one will understand what he's saying and they'll vote for him.

Isn't it remarkable that obama can say all kinds of things in his speeches, but when confronted with his lies has no answer?

"This country does not just succeed when just a few are doing well at the top," Obama said, according to a rush transcript of the remarks. "It succeeds when the middle class gets bigger. Our economy does not grow from the top-down, it grows from the middle-out. We do not believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in opportunity. We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibilities are rewarded and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody's doing their fair share. And everybody's paying by the same rules. That is the country believe in. That is what we have been fighting for the last four years. That is what we're going to put in place in the next four years if you reelect me as president of the United States of America."

Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country' | The Weekly Standard

I got the biggest kick out of the part i highlighted above.....Lol!
I listed to this, he originally said "and everybody's getting a fair SHARE", then corrected himself. Hell, he said it the way he meant the first time!

He's the "fair share" president. It should be the college kids drinking game for his speeches and debates.

"Every time Obama says "fair share" you have to take a shot. Quick way to get hammered, that game.

He's the "fair share" president. It should be the college kids drinking game for his speeches and debates.

"Every time Obama says "fair share" you have to take a shot. Quick way to get hammered, that game.

Haha! Check out my avatar....I'd changed it once today, but you reminded me i had this one so had to change it again! I think i'm going to play this during the next debate! Any takers?? Of course we'll have to take Friday off work!! Lol!!!!!

Translation: "Rich people are assholes. Nevermind that I engaged in the largest trickle-down economic policies this country has ever seen, nevermind that more money has been given straight to the largest corporations in the world in the past 4 years than in the history of the world, nevermind that my top economic advisor's nickname is Mr. Derivative himslef, nevermind that my Jobs Czar is a CEO of a corporation that has outsourced more jobs than any other corporation in America...neverMIND!...it is what I say, not what I do...and rich people are assholes and I want you to know I am saying that....there"
[sound of applause from Obamabots]

It means that focus group polling has shown that most people believe you should be able to keep what you earn and no one is entitled to anything--pretty much what Romney has said. But obviously class warfare isn't polling so well anymore so Obama has to change his tune to make it sound more market friendly and individualistic.

Huh? Who the hell ever stated that "success" was an "entitlement"?

Pass the bong Barry. Geesh!

What do you think it means.

Success isn't an "entitlement".

Gosh.

How does the economy grow from the middle out? WTF is that even suppose to imply?

That when more people have money..the economy does better.

Economies don't care how many people have money, all they care about is how much money is in circulation. Why do you think the government has actively discouraged saving despite politicians talking about how people need to save more money?

Forum List

Back