Obama: We Can't Just Cut Way to Prosperity...

Prosperity for whom? Are you talking about Prosperity for the Government or Prosperity for the People because the way you plan on doing it your plan does not include the People.

News Headlines

You know damm well the Democrat way to fixing anything is to SPEND,SPEND,SPEND....
OUR WAY OUT OF IT....:lol:

$To save the world I demand 1 trillion dollars.jpg
Prosperity for whom? Are you talking about Prosperity for the Government or Prosperity for the People because the way you plan on doing it your plan does not include the People.

News Headlines

You know damm well the Democrat way to fixing anything is to SPEND,SPEND,SPEND....OUR WAY OUT OF IT....:lol:

Do you think that our Harvard Graduate--Community Organizer--most--Intellectual President of all time just figured out:

That no one can BORROW and SPEND their way to PROSPERITY?

Obama sure gave it one heck of a try though--:lol:

$To save the world I demand 1 trillion dollars.jpg

you can't cut your way to prosperity, but you can fill the National Labor Relations Board with union goons who will piss and moan whenever a private sector company creates a job in a state Obama doesn't like

Actually, yes we can. It worked in the 1920s. it will work now.

Hmm--1920's---:lol: I assume you meant the 1930's? No it didn't work. You can read a book called the Forgotten Man--which will tell you that we got little spurts of employment gains during the 1930's with all the road and bridge work. But as soon as those projects were completed--those jobs were gone--and unemployment rose again. The ONLY thing that brought us out of the great depression was WW2.

Hmm--1920's---:lol: I assume you meant the 1930's? No it didn't work. You can read a book called the Forgotten Man--which will tell you that we got little spurts of employment gains during the 1930's with all the road and bridge work. But as soon as those projects were completed--those jobs were gone--and unemployment rose again. The ONLY thing that brought us out of the great depression was WW2.

No, the depression that was 1919ish to 1921ish or something like that... Harding cut like a mother fucker and it just went away like predicted. Hoover spent in 1930's + and depend the depression and FDR took many of Hoovers ideas and destroyed a good ten years of tens of millions of peoples lives while never managing to get the country out of the depression. Oddly many people try and find ways to not give credit to Hrading and Coolidge while lying their credibility away trying to make FDR look like the savvier that based on history and facts, he never was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_of_1920–21

Last edited:

Nope. I meant the 1920s. Harding, followed by Coolidge, cut spending and cut taxes and escaped the Depression of 1920 in a very short period of time which was much deeper than the 1929 Depression.

Hoover changed that policy, FDR continued Hoovers policy of government intervention. They had a 12 year depression.

Coincidence? Is it a coincidence that government intervention now is prolonging the recession now?

Absolutely not. History repearts itself.

Utterly incorrect.

Nope. I meant the 1920s. Harding, followed by Coolidge, cut spending and cut taxes and escaped the Depression of 1920 in a very short period of time which was much deeper than the 1929 Depression.

Hoover changed that policy, FDR continued Hoovers policy of government intervention. They had a 12 year depression.

Coincidence? Is it a coincidence that government intervention now is prolonging the recession now?

Absolutely not. History repearts itself.

:lol:

It's their policies that caused a collapse in the financial industry. Along with a ridiculous amount of misery in the working class ( There was no real middle class around that time ). Had it continued, the US may very well have become a Communist or Fascist state.

Obviously spending cuts in and of themselves do not address the systemic problems that are the root cause of the economic malaise that this nation is facing.

IN that sense, I agree with Obama.

OTOH, I see nothing in his rhetoric that remotely suggests that he has a plan to solve those systemic problem, either.

Obviously spending cuts in and of themselves do not address the systemic problems that are the root cause of the economic malaise that this nation is facing.

OTOH, I see nothing in his rhetoric that remotely suggests that he has a plan to solve those systemic problem, either.

Systemic problems is correct.

If there is no rule against grabbing 50 deserts at the buffet, you're going to have politicians grabbing 50 deserts. The 50 deserts get shared with his or her voters so they stay in office despite being reckless to the country on the whole.

We can' cut our way to prosperity and I think that if this is the crux of the GOP argument next Fall; we're looking at 4 more years of Mr. Obama. Which I can live with. If he loses--Mr. Obama--I certainly hope that one of the more level-headed GOP contenders is the nominee. If none of the others would have announced, someone like Newt Gingrich would have gotten the nomiation; obviously Newt is an empty suit totally unaware of the challenges of the new world, horribly ill-equipped to confront them, says whatever his audience wants to hear, and is a terrible example of corruption. THIS guy would have gotten the nomination (in 08 John Edwards would have gotten the DNC nomination as well had nobody else run). Thats the problem with politics in 2012....because of a consonant next to a name, they will get 35-40% of the vote.

Americans just are not interested in politics; maybe because its so corrupt???

We get the government we deserve; and the policies that are spawned.

Of course spending cuts aren't the only answer.

Acting like a rational adult would help.

Obama acts irrational. He acts like he could care less if the country goes to hell. Personally I think because of all of his lies and his carelessness he's ruined his chances of turning things around.

that is true, you don't cut investment. you wouldn't cut you money for gas to get you to work out of your budget...that would be stupid.

Course you can cut spending to groups like ACORN.

I think if the government were to cut everything that subsidizes partisanship, meaning buying votes, we wouldn't have any debt.

you could cut useless weapons programs,aid to Israel and most corporate welfare which is used to buy votes also.

And what government spending doesn't buy votes?

Last edited:
If you don't have a the means to make enough income and your total response is to just stop spending?

Does that really solve your long term problem?

Of course it doesn't.

Well?

That's what's wrong with this nation, folks.

Not only do we spend more than we make, but we don't make enough to begin with.

The solution to Ameirca's economic problems is not SOLELY going to be found in modifying our tax structure.

Putting PEOPLE TO WORK, is the REAL long term solution.

But before we can do that we need to ask ourselves why such a huge percentage of the population can no longer find VIABLE jobs.

And THAT is a problem that neither political party really wants to address.

No, he is spot on. Coolidge and Mellon cut spending in 1920 when unemployment was 12% and in 18 months dropped it 4%, a while later you could not find an unemployed person in America

Utterly incorrect.

Clue: Get one today.

FDR presided over the worst civilized economy in human history dwarfing the misery of the 7 Biblical Lean Years and at a time when a new technology: electricity, was being made plentiful.

Forum List

Back