Obama Was Too Busy

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
for Wisconsin:

Obama: Too busy to help Wisconsin Democrats in recall election | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Obama: Too busy to help Wisconsin Democrats in recall election

White House Corresponden
By Olivier Knox

President Barack Obama explained in a radio interview Monday why he didn't do more to help Wisconsin Democrats in their battle to recall Republican Governor Scott Walker: He was too busy.

"The truth of the matter is that, as president of the United States, I've got a lot of responsibilities," he told WBAY of Green Bay, Wisconsin. WBAY was one of eight TV stations given an exclusive interview with the president — six from battleground states Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, Virginia and Wisconsin and two from California and South Carolina.

Obama said he was "supportive" of Walker's Democratic challenger, Tom Barrett, whom Walker thumped in last week's vote. "Obviously, I would have loved to see a different result," Obama told WBAY.

And the president said he would be working to ensure a different result in November.

"We're going to be fighting very hard in Wisconsin just like we have in the past," said Obama, who carried the state by 14 points in 2008 but saw Barrett lose there by seven points.

Asked whether the recall vote would have a ripple effect beyond Wisconsin's border, the president replied: "I don't think so. I think probably you've got specific circumstances in Wisconsin.""Keep in mind, it is a bit unusual when a governor gets this much attention in the middle of his term," Obama said.

"My suspicion is all across this country, governors who are dealing with tough budgets have to make tough decisions. But one of the lessons learned is that it is better to make them with people than against people," the president said...

for Wisconsin:

Obama: Too busy to help Wisconsin Democrats in recall election | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

White House Corresponden
By Olivier Knox

President Barack Obama explained in a radio interview Monday why he didn't do more to help Wisconsin Democrats in their battle to recall Republican Governor Scott Walker: He was too busy.

"The truth of the matter is that, as president of the United States, I've got a lot of responsibilities," he told WBAY of Green Bay, Wisconsin. WBAY was one of eight TV stations given an exclusive interview with the president — six from battleground states Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, Virginia and Wisconsin and two from California and South Carolina.

Obama said he was "supportive" of Walker's Democratic challenger, Tom Barrett, whom Walker thumped in last week's vote. "Obviously, I would have loved to see a different result," Obama told WBAY.

And the president said he would be working to ensure a different result in November.

"We're going to be fighting very hard in Wisconsin just like we have in the past," said Obama, who carried the state by 14 points in 2008 but saw Barrett lose there by seven points.

Asked whether the recall vote would have a ripple effect beyond Wisconsin's border, the president replied: "I don't think so. I think probably you've got specific circumstances in Wisconsin.""Keep in mind, it is a bit unusual when a governor gets this much attention in the middle of his term," Obama said.

"My suspicion is all across this country, governors who are dealing with tough budgets have to make tough decisions. But one of the lessons learned is that it is better to make them with people than against people," the president said...

------------Obama WAS terribly busy, he has attended more fund raisers than any other Presidental candidate in history, over 150. Now according to all of those sniveling leftists who complained they were out spent by Republican donors 7-1 (or 8-1, or 9-1 as they revise their lie upward) how do they explain their candidate raking in so much campaign cash? I thought that was evil, that it affected the democratic process, or is that only when Republicans do it?

------------Obama WAS terribly busy, he has attended more fund raisers than any other Presidental candidate in history, over 150. Now according to all of those sniveling leftists who complained they were out spent by Republican donors 7-1 (or 8-1, or 9-1 as they revise their lie upward) how do they explain their candidate raking in so much campaign cash? I thought that was evil, that it affected the democratic process, or is that only when Republicans do it?

I think it's up to 356-1 now...

for Wisconsin:

White House Corresponden
By Olivier Knox

Source? Or did you just make that up?

George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

jonox: George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama's Christmas Vacation Costs

Meet The 4 Bush Vacations That Were Longer than Obama's Christmas

Source? Or did you just make that up?

-----------How about this:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-smashing-records-fundraisers-145622771--abc-news-

President Obama today will continue his record-smashing fundraising schedule with six events in two states, tying the number for most fundraisers attended in a single day of his re-election campaign. Obama will raise north of $3.6 million for the Obama Victory Fund in Baltimore and Philadelphia, according to figures provided by the campaign.

The latest round of money events - with several more scheduled for New York City on Thursday, including a star-studded reception at actress Sarah Jessica Parker's home - underscores the unprecedented amount of time the president is spending on the money trail.

In the first 12 days of June, Obama has attended 21 fundraising events. All told, he has now attended 163 re-election fundraisers for his campaign and the Democratic Party - almost double the number George W. Bush attended in his entire first term (86) and more than any other president in history.

Questions?

Of course he was too busy, he had to go kick it with the rich and famous..

Hung you lefties and Union thugs out to dry....

487 days at Camp David

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama's Christmas Vacation Costs

-------------Your Point would be.....?

Obama would have taken more golf vacations if he didn't have to go to so many fundraisers.

487 days at Camp David

-------------Your Point would be.....?

Obama would have taken more golf vacations if he didn't have to go to so many fundraisers.

:badgrin:

'And where is the president in all this? On his way to Anna Wintour's house. He's busy. He's running for president.

But why? He could be president now if he wanted to be.'

What's Changed After Wisconsin - WSJ.com

Yea, he could be a leader now, but he's too busy campaigning. He never stopped and it's clear that his strong point is running for something, but doesn't know what to do when he gets there.

Forum List

Back