Obama Wants Your Medical Records!

Given that corporations already have access to our records, I fail to see what your complaint is.

Privacy?

We haven't had that in decades.

How long before that database is hacked? 5 Minutes? 10 Minutes? I was a little surprised to learn how open the records already are. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google the same bunch of guys who went to court last year in order to defend privacy rights? I guess maybe the government should have offered to pay for the user information, then Google would have been OK with it.

Given that corporations already have access to our records, I fail to see what your complaint is.

Privacy?

suddenly, miraculously it's okay to spy on us! :eek: damn!

Now how on earth do you construe me pointing out that we live in fishbowl into me saying that's okay?

Obama ALREADY has access to our medical records because he's POTUS, just as Bush had them when he was POTUS.

Neither of them should have had them but that privacy horse flew the paddock years ago.

Privacy?

the people voted for change...............

Nothing KMAN posts. should really be taken seriously. I don't think he's given an accurate assessment of anything in a single one of his posts. Here's what is REALLY contained in the bill:

ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS: “In addition to connecting our libraries and schools to the Internet, we must also ensure that our hospitals are connected to each other through the Internet. That is why the economic recovery plan I’m proposing will help modernize our health care system – and that won’t just save jobs, it will save lives. We will make sure that every doctor’s office and hospital in this country is using cutting edge technology and electronic medical records so that we can cut red tape, prevent medical mistakes, and help save billions of dollars each year.”

Obama unveils 21st Century New Deal - Mike Allen and Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

The only ones "concerned" are the wingnuts are WND. You know, the same people who think it's ok to wire tap us without warrants. :lol:

Another decepticon title from World Net Daily and the thread poster.

This would only mandate that medical records are on an electronic format. It doesn't say the government would have any more access than they have now. If you have ever worked in the medical field, you would know that this is way they have been moving. It is a hell of a lot more efficient and cost effective.

But for anyone from the right to bitch about this when Bush evesdropped on our phone calls, is total hypocrisy.

By the way, why is an Ann Coulter add all over World Net Daily?:doubt:

If the feds want your records, they will get them either in hard copy or electronic.

With the way that a bunch of lawyer politicians have botched the economy, social security, medicare, welfare, education, and the border, I can only assume that they're going to try and botch my health through universal health. Of coarse, all of these areas are seen through the eyes of a bunch of lawyer politicians. Should I be worried???

i like the rational .......... don't worry ...... it isn't any worse than the bush wiretapping ....

how comforting.....

the people voted for change...............

Nothing KMAN posts. should really be taken seriously. I don't think he's given an accurate assessment of anything in a single one of his posts. Here's what is REALLY contained in the bill:

ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS: “In addition to connecting our libraries and schools to the Internet, we must also ensure that our hospitals are connected to each other through the Internet. That is why the economic recovery plan I’m proposing will help modernize our health care system – and that won’t just save jobs, it will save lives. We will make sure that every doctor’s office and hospital in this country is using cutting edge technology and electronic medical records so that we can cut red tape, prevent medical mistakes, and help save billions of dollars each year.”

Obama unveils 21st Century New Deal - Mike Allen and Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

The only ones "concerned" are the wingnuts are WND. You know, the same people who think it's ok to wire tap us without warrants. :lol:

Do the initials HIPAA mean anything to you Jillian?

KMAN, could you give us a link to the part of the stimulus bill that says what you are claiming or STFU?

I normally don't tell other posters to STFU, but you have not once posted a credible news story and in fact each thing you post turns out to be a lie.

Thanks.

Where does it say that HIPAA won't be enforced for electronic records any different than it is now for hard copy records. They already are using electronic medical records in many hospitals and medical offices.

This is total bullshit. Nowhere is it stated that the government will have anymore access than they do now.

Keep up the wimpy limpy posts.

Do the initials HIPAA mean anything to you Jillian?

Which has what to do with records being computer accessible? Don't you think that a patient would have to sign a HIPAA compliant authorization to allow the records to be accessed, same as with paper records?

This is a bogus topic... same as every other one he posts.

Forum List

Back