Obama wants to keep Lieberman!

bk1983

Off too Kuwait..
Oct 17, 2008
What happened to Obama's supposed ultra partisanship? I wonder what McRage would have done with his party's turncoats?

Obama Wants Lieberman To Remain In Democratic Caucus

"What does Barack Obama want?" Dodd rhetorically asked reporters Friday after speaking at a childhood nutrition forum at the state Capitol complex in Hartford. "He's talked about reconciliation, healing, bringing people together. I don't think he'd necessarily want to spend the first month of this president-elect period, this transition period, talking about a Senate seat, particularly if someone is willing to come forward and is willing to be a member of your family in the caucus in that sense."
Dodd: Obama Would Avoid Messy Fight on Lieberman - Capitol Watch

This is a smart move. Loserman does vote normally with the Dems. Makes Obama look more like a leader who can forgive when needed. Let his underlings do the dirty work. Same as the XO and the CO in the military.

What happened to Obama's supposed ultra partisanship? I wonder what McRage would have done with his party's turncoats?

Obama Wants Lieberman To Remain In Democratic Caucus

"What does Barack Obama want?" Dodd rhetorically asked reporters Friday after speaking at a childhood nutrition forum at the state Capitol complex in Hartford. "He's talked about reconciliation, healing, bringing people together. I don't think he'd necessarily want to spend the first month of this president-elect period, this transition period, talking about a Senate seat, particularly if someone is willing to come forward and is willing to be a member of your family in the caucus in that sense."
Dodd: Obama Would Avoid Messy Fight on Lieberman - Capitol Watch

Did someone tell you that you actually were good at this? This little attempt at subterfuge is about as lame as it gets.

Obama wants to keep the senate vote more than he gives a damn about Lieberman's political ideals. I'd say that's about as partisan as it gets.

What would Bush do? I can't help but think Liebermans political testicles would be super-glued to his butt crack if the situation were flipped and happening 8 years ago.

Bush wrote the book on political partisanship and running a 'campaign' in lieu of an 'administration'. Any political action even perceived as the opposite of what Bush would do will contribute some percentage of healing for our political system.

Besides... it's not like Lieberman is incompetent.

-Joe

Last edited:
What would Bush do? I can't help but think Liebermans political testicles would be super-glued to his butt crack if the situation were flipped and happening 8 years ago.

Bush wrote the book on political partisanship and running a 'campaign' in lieu of an 'administration'. Any political action even perceived as the opposite of what Bush would do will contribute some percentage of healing for our political system.

Besides... it's not like Lieberman is incompetent.

-Joe

Who cares what Bush would do? Bush isn't President-elect, nor is he courting Lieberman's senate vote.

Obama is.

Get used to hearing that. We've been hearing it in regard to Clinton since 2000. Your Congress. Your President. Bush is irrelevant. He's a lame duck. All he's got left is the traditional list of pardons.

Anyone would assume that whoever was President-elect would want teh senate vote. The BS here is a leftwingnut trying to say it's NOT a partisan move.

Who cares what Bush would do? Bush isn't President-elect, nor is he courting Lieberman's senate vote.

Obama is.

Get used to hearing that. We've been hearing it in regard to Clinton since 2000. Your Congress. Your President. Bush is irrelevant. He's a lame duck. All he's got left is the traditional list of pardons.

Anyone would assume that whoever was President-elect would want teh senate vote. The BS here is a leftwingnut trying to say it's NOT a partisan move.

Re-read my post, dude... I never said Bush was relevant - I said he was wrong, and doing the opposite of what he'd do would be the opposite of 'partisan'.

Your thesis of partisanship can only be stretched to cover the Lieberman move because in American politics partisan, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Of course Lieberman caucusing with the democrats is going to be perceived as one more senate seat Obama can count on sometimes, but Lieberman is still free to vote his conscience and side with the republicans on every issue if he feels it is in the best interests of his constituents.

What do you want? Politics removed from the American political system??? :cuckoo:

I stand by my thesis that because our President Elect is not going to 'nail' a vocal supporter of his rival, just because he can, makes this move one hell of a lot less partisan than we've seen from the Bush campaign. Err, ah... I mean 'administration'.

-Joe

Re-read my post, dude... I never said Bush was relevant - I said he was wrong, and doing the opposite of what he'd do would be the opposite of 'partisan'.

Your thesis of partisanship can only be stretched to cover the Lieberman move because in American politics partisan, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Of course Lieberman caucusing with the democrats is going to be perceived as one more senate seat Obama can count on sometimes, but Lieberman is still free to vote his conscience and side with the republicans on every issue if he feels it is in the best interests of his constituents.

What do you want? Politics removed from the American political system??? :cuckoo:

I stand by my thesis that because our President Elect is not going to 'nail' a vocal supporter of his rival, just because he can, makes this move one hell of a lot less partisan than we've seen from the Bush campaign. Err, ah... I mean 'administration'.

-Joe

Didn't say a word about removing politics from the American political system. Although, removing the politicians would be a step forward.

Sorry, but pandering to Lieberman to get his vote IS partisan. I'm not arguing that it isn't business as usual, nor anything else, nor that anyone else in Obama's position wouldn't do the same.

I was highlighting the fact the originator of this thread's claim that it is NOT partisan. You can try to call something else, but that is indeed what it is.

-Joe
uh, that is utter bullshit
Bush reached accross the aisle so many times

thats why so many conservatives were PISSED at him

:confused: Maybe Obama wants him where he can keep an eye on him ... wouldn't you be worried? Afterall, if Lieberman has proven anything ... he can flip-flop with the best of them :doubt:

:confused: Maybe Obama wants him where he can keep an eye on him ... wouldn't you be worried? Afterall, if Lieberman has proven anything ... he can flip-flop with the best of them :doubt:
um, flip flop????
he votes with the dems 90% of the time
what was his flip flop
he always supported OIF

um, flip flop????
he votes with the dems 90% of the time
what was his flip flop
he always supported OIF

lieberman.jpg

Obama is a pussy and he'll probably keep Lieberman although he should be dumped to allow more responsilble actual democrats into his leadershup chair.

Republicans would have dumped such a traitor in a heartbeat and pursued the agenda they set out to accomplish. .

But as previously stated, today Obama is an Israeli hardliner so there's no telling what he's been told to do.

Obama is a pussy and he'll probably keep Lieberman although he should be dumped to allow more responsilble actual democrats into his leadershup chair.

Republicans would have dumped such a traitor in a heartbeat and pursued the agenda they set out to accomplish. .

But as previously stated, today Obama is an Israeli hardliner so there's no telling what he's been told to do.

There are LOT more Democrats that need to be dumped before you get to Lieberman if you're talking responsible leadership.

Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein, Reid, Byrd, Kennedy ....

While the Republicans were arguably the fastest at throwing their own undr the bus if their name just mentioned, that pursuing their agenda line is a joke. Had they pursued the agenda they promised, they'd still be in power.

Lieberman disagrees with the Democratic position on major issues such as the Iraq war, and national security. He currently heads up the Committee on Homeland Security. His views and his position as the head of this committee are clearly at odds, considering that this is a Democratic administration. Under these circumstances, he should not be allowed to head up the Committee on Homeland Security. If Obama can keep Lieberman within the Democratic fold without giving him the chairmanship, then that would be the best case scenario.

I also think that Lieberman is smart enough to know that he is better off with the Democratic caucus rather than with the Republicans. The last Republican in New England just got knocked off last week.

Forum List

Back