Obama wants enhanced background checks for gun sales

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture. And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?
As you probably already know, the gun grabbers realize they'll probably never outlaw guns as long as that hated Constitution is in effect so they have to try to pass laws against ammunition.

They'll say that "ammunition has lead in it, a dangerous carcinogen!" and try to ban it and back door the 2nd Amendment.

Fuck those muther fuckers!
I think that information might be a bit out of date

Nowadays most people are on some sort of medication. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine an ultra liberal government declaring those people unfit for weapons ownership.

VERY good!!!

You have read a "policy statement" before, I see....

"Reward those States that give better and more accurate info" = mandatory registration of every firearm, on a Federal level.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture. And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?
As you probably already know, the gun grabbers realize they'll probably never outlaw guns as long as that hated Constitution is in effect so they have to try to pass laws against ammunition.

They'll say that "ammunition has lead in it, a dangerous carcinogen!" and try to ban it and back door the 2nd Amendment.

Fuck those muther fuckers!
I think that information might be a bit out of date

I sell it every day.

I thought ammo today was made w/out lead because there was some big complaint about it being bad for the environment? Don't they use copper nowadays?

Last edited:
It is MUCH easier to "make" ammo than it is to make a gun. The round only has to function once, the gun has to function thousands and thousands of times.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture.

And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?

Let's be honest. How many violent criminals have the intellectual capacity to make their own ammo?

I thought ammo today was made w/out lead because there was some big complaint about it being bad for the environment? Don't they use copper nowadays?

Some is, some isn't.

Most shotgun rounds are lead free now (*most*)

Rifle ammo is still made with lead, for those who prefer it.

It is a State issue for the most part, except in duck hunting. Not supposed to shoot lead at ducks :)

So the mentally disturbed should be able to purchase a gun? I wouldn't say keeping the guns out the hands of sociopaths would be considered infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

He's my problem. Define "mentally disturbed." If someone is abused as a child and as an adult is diagnosed with PTSD, are they too "mentally disturbed" to be permitted to own a gun?

Also, if someone is "mentally disturbed" enough to pull a Columbine or a V-tech, will not obtaining a gun stop them? Or will they just order a pile of cow shit and start making bombs?

It is MUCH easier to "make" ammo than it is to make a gun. The round only has to function once, the gun has to function thousands and thousands of times.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture.

And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?

Let's be honest. How many violent criminals have the intellectual capacity to make their own ammo?

Let's be even more honest:

How many criminals are going to pay more attention to the new law than they do the old one?

They're trying that now. Its getting defeated left and right (for rifle ammo), but manufacturers are already a step ahead, and are moving to JHPs and composites more and more in case they ever do ban lead. Gonna mess up some of the older guns out there, though :(

For fuck's sake. After two rounds to the chest, we're worried about giving someone lead poisoning? :cuckoo:

3. "Reward States that provide the best data." I know what this means. It is the reason I will sell a shitload of guns between tomorrow and whenever this all fades away or goes into effect. "Reward States that provide the best data." Have to give him credit. It sounds benign.
Yeah, it's code for "PUNISH states that don't."

Good luck however, getting any such bill through the House right now.

Let's be even more honest:

How many criminals are going to pay more attention to the new law than they do the old one?

That's my point. They're not going to pay attention to the law either way. So it seems to me that any attempt at gun regulation should at least put the hurdle where it's more difficult to clear.

So the mentally disturbed should be able to purchase a gun? I wouldn't say keeping the guns out the hands of sociopaths would be considered infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

He's my problem. Define "mentally disturbed." If someone is abused as a child and as an adult is diagnosed with PTSD, are they too "mentally disturbed" to be permitted to own a gun?

Also, if someone is "mentally disturbed" enough to pull a Columbine or a V-tech, will not obtaining a gun stop them? Or will they just order a pile of cow shit and start making bombs?

That's the burden the Fed saddled themselves with when they took on regulation of firearms. And you're right in that someone determined to kill will use a fork if that is all that is available.

I don't know how you solve the problem and make everyone happy. Personally, if I don't have a good feeling about a customer, they just don't get to buy a gun from me. That's all I can do. If they walk out and go to the next guy, he is their problem, not mine.

The real problem Obama is getting at there (and it is a real problem) is real-time reporting TO NICS (by the Court and Mental Health Systems), not the NICS response. That shouldn't involve the consumer or the FFL, it should be totally transparent to us. And it really should be real-time.

3. "Reward States that provide the best data." I know what this means. It is the reason I will sell a shitload of guns between tomorrow and whenever this all fades away or goes into effect. "Reward States that provide the best data." Have to give him credit. It sounds benign.
Yeah, it's code for "PUNISH states that don't."

Good luck however, getting any such bill through the House right now.

I think it's more than that, Middy....

It sounds a LOT like "let's register every firearm" to me. If you want to be a "good State" show us your hand.

Obama's best point in all of this, and one we haven't touched on, is gun shows.

I LOVE gun shows (went to one today, as a matter of fact), but I think they should be required to 4473 every gun that enters or leaves the building. Log them in, and log them out, just like we licensed dealers.

The gun show loophole is real. And EVERY argument against "closing the loophole" is bullshit. 4473 at every gun show doesn't infringe on anyone's rights, because you don't have to come to a gun show if it truly is a "private transaction."

Only a matter of time before the NRA and some dumbass NeoCons come out and say this bill is more nonsense from the Nanny state. Hell, there are some fools who oppose reducing the size of clips. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know about that.

But I will tell you one thing:

This bill is just more nonsense from the Nanny State.

And I don't care about clips, but I think we need bigger magazines.

My 2 cents....

well then, while you're at it, why doesn't the GUBERMENT lock them away too. We wouldn't them on the streets to hurt anyone.

And really folks, WHO DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING from the Obama and his COMRADES in Arms.

people better WAKE UP.

New Topics

Forum List

Back