Obama wants enhanced background checks for gun sales

How about increased background checks for abortions? Wouldn't want any woman getting an abortion if she's "mentally unbalanced" would we?

How about taxing and registering abortions? The tax money could be used to fund education programs to curb abortion, just like the tobacco tax does.

I have some concerns, mostly driven by three factors:

1. The system is already pretty damn fast. I would say it is as fast as a human can review it. We call in, give the info, they pull up your criminal history and give us a decision. It takes far longer to give them your information than it does for them to review it, so I'm not sure this isn't a red herring.

2. Obama is a fucking liar, and I just don't trust him. While I would agree we need to get real time criminal histories to NICS, I don't see how the 4473 or the consumer is involved at all. Everything he is talking about can be added to NICS (SHOULD be added to NICS) with absolute transparency to the consumer and the FFL (the dealer).

3. "Reward States that provide the best data." I know what this means. It is the reason I will sell a shitload of guns between tomorrow and whenever this all fades away or goes into effect. "Reward States that provide the best data." Have to give him credit. It sounds benign.

Anyway, he's coming for your guns, people. If I were you, I'd run out tomorrow and buy EVERY firearm you EVER THOUGHT about owning, especially the semi-autos, full-autos, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the VERY EXPENSIVE ones.

You're also going to need scopes, slings., cases, trigger jobs, lasers, flashlights, ammo cans, speed loaders, EVERY POSSIBLE ACCESSORY, and of course...

LOT AND LOTS AND LOTS OF AMMO!!!!!!

We will be expanding our hours to accommodate you, and as always we DO appreciate your business!

Last edited:
How about taxing and registering abortions? The tax money could be used to fund education programs to curb abortion, just like the tobacco tax does.

I don't know how you "register" an abortion, but I actually don't think the idea is half bad if done at the state level. Put a tax on abortions, and use the funds for (comprehensive) sex education in schools, making condoms more easily available, maybe even see if there's a way to turn some of it into helping to make adoptions easier.

I remember a lot of hysterics when Obama was elected. A few of my sucker friends went out and bought tons of ammo.

So what guns from 2008 can I not buy now? Gotta be specific, I am not a gun expert but the guy who owns the land folks bring guns to when they want to shoot.

I don't know how you "register" an abortion, but I actually don't think the idea is half bad if done at the state level.
Woman goes before a state board and is deemed sane enough to have an abortion, just like a gun ownership background check. She pays her tax and registration fees and goes to the abortion mill of her choice.

Onto the actual subject here, I think that "enhanced" background checks is entirely irrelevant when there are plenty of ways to get around needing a background check in the first place. But the thing I've never understood is why do people want control over the guns themselves, and a free for all with ammunition? There are relatively easy ways to get around laws to obtain a gun. But the gun ceases to be dangerous without the ammunition. If you can get a gun illegally, then stock up to the brim on ammo, what does any regulation accomplish? The ammunition is the part that gets expended. Once you have a gun, you always have it.

I would be more interested in seeing an emphasis on regulating ammo sales. Forget state permits to own a gun, issue state permits to buy ammunition instead. Forget background checks to buy guns. Maybe have distributors conduct initial checks for ammo purchases, and maintain their own system to keep track of their customers who come in and restock their ammo supplies. I'm sure that those who don't like any kind of gun control will still not like these ideas. But I think that they'd at least be more effective and more logical approaches, than exerting regulation over the guns themselves.

I remember a lot of hysterics when Obama was elected. A few of my sucker friends went out and bought tons of ammo.

So what guns from 2008 can I not buy now? Gotta be specific, I am not a gun expert but the guy who owns the land folks bring guns to when they want to shoot.

None.

But that is all going to change.

TOMORROW!!!!!

Better run out first thing and scoop them all up!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Only a matter of time before the NRA and some dumbass NeoCons come out and say this bill is more nonsense from the Nanny state. Hell, there are some fools who oppose reducing the size of clips. :rolleyes:

Onto the actual subject here, I think that "enhanced" background checks is entirely irrelevant when there are plenty of ways to get around needing a background check in the first place. But the thing I've never understood is why do people want control over the guns themselves, and a free for all with ammunition? There are relatively easy ways to get around laws to obtain a gun. But the gun ceases to be dangerous without the ammunition. If you can get a gun illegally, then stock up to the brim on ammo, what does any regulation accomplish? The ammunition is the part that gets expended. Once you have a gun, you always have it.

I would be more interested in seeing an emphasis on regulating ammo sales. Forget state permits to own a gun, issue state permits to buy ammunition instead. Forget background checks to buy guns. Maybe have distributors conduct initial checks for ammo purchases, and maintain their own system to keep track of their customers who come in and restock their ammo supplies. I'm sure that those who don't like any kind of gun control will still not like these ideas. But I think that they'd at least be more effective and more logical approaches, than exerting regulation over the guns themselves.

It is MUCH easier to "make" ammo than it is to make a gun. The round only has to function once, the gun has to function thousands and thousands of times.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture.

And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?

What do you mean "suckers"?

Ammo supplies are down sharply and prices are up on the order of 20%.

I'm not being funny when I say this:

They are going to go through the roof again over the next couple of weeks.

I'm a small player, and I plan on ordering as much as they will give me tomorrow. A normal (weekly) order for me is about 20K. I expect to order 150K tomorrow. And I expect it all to be gone by mid April.

I love it when they start this talk :)

Only a matter of time before the NRA and some dumbass NeoCons come out and say this bill is more nonsense from the Nanny state. Hell, there are some fools who oppose reducing the size of clips. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know about that.

But I will tell you one thing:

This bill is just more nonsense from the Nanny State.

And I don't care about clips, but I think we need bigger magazines.

My 2 cents....

I don't know how you "register" an abortion, but I actually don't think the idea is half bad if done at the state level.
Woman goes before a state board and is deemed sane enough to have an abortion, just like a gun ownership background check. She pays her tax and registration fees and goes to the abortion mill of her choice.

Good to know you're not a big-government big brother type...

My 2 cents....

So the mentally disturbed should be able to purchase a gun? I wouldn't say keeping the guns out the hands of sociopaths would be considered infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture. And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?
As you probably already know, the gun grabbers realize they'll probably never outlaw guns as long as that hated Constitution is in effect so they have to try to pass laws against ammunition.

They'll say that "ammunition has lead in it, a dangerous carcinogen!" and try to ban it and back door the 2nd Amendment.

Fuck those muther fuckers!

My 2 cents....

So the mentally disturbed should be able to purchase a gun? I wouldn't say keeping the guns out the hands of sociopaths would be considered infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

No, they can't now.

That part of the requirements will not change, I'm sure. If you're mentally defective.....no bang bang.

Ammo will never, can never, be regulated. It is just too easy to manufacture. And the proposal to serialize ammo is hilarious. We can't keep up with 250,000,000 guns, but we think we can track billions (literally) of rounds of ammo?
As you probably already know, the gun grabbers realize they'll probably never outlaw guns as long as that hated Constitution is in effect so they have to try to pass laws against ammunition.

They'll say that "ammunition has lead in it, a dangerous carcinogen!" and try to ban it and back door the 2nd Amendment.

Fuck those muther fuckers!

They're trying that now. Its getting defeated left and right (for rifle ammo), but manufacturers are already a step ahead, and are moving to JHPs and composites more and more in case they ever do ban lead. Gonna mess up some of the older guns out there, though :(

My 2 cents....
Nowadays most people are on some sort of medication. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine an ultra liberal government declaring those people unfit for weapons ownership.

Forum List

Back