Obama Wants $7 Gallon Gas!!!!

What exactly do you think BP is going to do about it's losses in the Guld Oil Disaster and the ensuing clean up expenses.... C4A....I've been telling everyone WE would end up paying for it and by your statement that tax write-offs are oil company subsidies...it would be correct to say that the American people will end up footing the bill for this...agree or disagree?

yes, we could end up paying for this in the long run IF BP were the only show on the road....but they are not and I don't even know how much of their oil we actually buy....I would need to know what percentage of oil supply they are in OUR economy.

What exactly do you think BP is going to do about it's losses in the Guld Oil Disaster and the ensuing clean up expenses.... C4A....I've been telling everyone WE would end up paying for it and by your statement that tax write-offs are oil company subsidies...it would be correct to say that the American people will end up footing the bill for this...agree or disagree?

yes, we could end up paying for this in the long run IF BP were the only show on the road....but they are not and I don't even know how much of their oil we actually buy....I would need to know what percentage of oil supply they are in OUR economy.

I posted a link to a site that said we purchase quite a lot from BP in a different thread about the same thing...needless to say the thread author immediately ran off and never returned........
Their main customers are Exxon, Chevron, Shell, Chinaoil, Conoco and Valero.....it was hilarious to see the reaction from people. THEY OWN (ironically) ALL of the GULF Stations in the United States!!!!!!

I posted a link to a site that said we purchase quite a lot from BP in a different thread about the same thing...needless to say the thread author immediately ran off and never returned........
Their main customers are Exxon, Chevron, Shell, Chinaoil, Conoco and Valero.....it was hilarious to see the reaction from people. THEY OWN (ironically) ALL of the GULF Stations in the United States!!!!!!

then yes, this could raise the cost of gas....not certain by how much.

so bp makes their profit, then exxon etc makes their profit on the purchase, then the gas station owner makes their profit, then our gvt makes its killing with taxes and then we pay for it ALL?

btw, do you know why we do not buy 100% of our oil from countries not in the middle east....

i know we buy a good deal from mexico and canada, but why not ALL of it from non middle eastern countries instead of us buying a good deal from saudi arabia etc?

they are insured for accidents, but unfortunately i had read, they self-insured.....i doubt their insurance kitty is large enough to cover this...

Nothing like a really regressive tax. I have a 14 year old car with less than 75,000 miles on it....how much more conserving can we do?

Don't you know? They want you to walk, bike, and take public transit while the cars, roads, and bridges are reserved for the Very Important People who regulate our lives.

then yes, this could raise the cost of gas....not certain by how much.

so bp makes their profit, then exxon etc makes their profit on the purchase, then the gas station owner makes their profit, then our gvt makes its killing with taxe and beyond.s and then we pay for it ALL?

btw, do you know why we do not buy 100% of our oil from countries not in the middle east....

i know we buy a good deal from mexico and canada, but why not ALL of it from non middle eastern countries instead of us buying a good deal from saudi arabia etc?

The thing is....we will end up paying for it in loss write-offs. How ever much money BP ends up paying out is how much their tax write off is for tax year 2010 and beyond.....this will take years to pay off...and write off. Basically BP get's to operate in the U.S. tax free for the next 20 years.

Last edited:
The BP shareholders will end up paying for it - via the drop in the share price and the suspension of dividends.

pp, it is better that people using the oil and gas in this country be the ones that absorb some of the cost, than to put this on to people that don't own cars or people rarely use much. The more you personally consume, the more this tragedy will affect you in the pocket, for those not in the immediate region.

also, once the gusher is stopped and they are drawing this oil and making money off of it, the better for all of us!

pp, it is better that people using the oil and gas in this country be the ones that absorb some of the cost, than to put this on to people that don't own cars or people rarely use much. The more you personally consume, the more this tragedy will affect you in the pocket, for those not in the immediate region.

also, once the gusher is stopped and they are drawing this oil and making money off of it, the better for all of us!

I wish that were true C4A...but there are so many different daily use consumables and products made from petroleum products that this will touch every single person in the United States for a long long time.

Nothing like a really regressive tax. I have a 14 year old car with less than 75,000 miles on it....how much more conserving can we do?

Don't you know? They want you to walk, bike, and take public transit while the cars, roads, and bridges are reserved for the Very Important People who regulate our lives.

Um, 14 year old car, less than 75,000 miles we do walk and take public transit. Don't bike though, was in a really bad bicycle accident as a teen and have a bad back, can't really bike anymore. Honestly, I don't see how we can do less miles, unless I start using access to take my son to his doctor's appointments. It would save us money, but it would sure cost the taxpayers more than it's worth.

Does anyone know how the oil companies reap such huge profits off of oil? A single barrel? They don't pay for the top grade shit that we see quoted on the news every night...they buy the crap oil for 25 dollars a barrel and then use it and the other impurities to make other shit like plastics, synthetic rubber used in our sneakers, asphalt topping for roads.....they end up making at least triple the price they paid for that barrel of shit oil from Kuwait....when I was in Dubai the Khaleej Times would list the oil contracts sold DAILY to every company in the world and what grade of oil they bought......we are being fleeced.

I wish that were true C4A...but there are so many different daily use consumables and products made from petroleum products that this will touch every single person in the United States for a long long time.

we would be hit a great deal, we use about 500 gallons of heating oil a year plus the gasoline for my husband to go back and forth to work, plus what we buy in petroleum products.

though if this gusher oil was not junk oil, would it really affect our products as much?

we would be hit a great deal, we use about 500 gallons of heating oil a year plus the gasoline for my husband to go back and forth to work, plus what we buy in petroleum products.

though if this gusher oil was not junk oil, would it really affect our products as much?

You would be surprised at what they get out of junk oil nowadays.

Why is anyone surprised here about this claim?????

During the campaign he said TWO things about this that burned into my memory about gas prices.

1. He was upset that gas prices rose so quickly because that caused resistance from the public.

2. His ultimate goal was to get to $8/gallon gas.

So why are we surprised this is his goal and he'd use this disaster to help achieve this?

The man's not an idiot... he's a revolutionary working to destroy this nation. Everything he's passed is going to have to be repealed. Hell, everything new back to at LEAST 2006 is going to have to be repealed for us to repair this nation.

obama gives ok to more offshore drilling
Month later we have a major offshore oil leak.
Obamas agenda has been to raise gas prices.
He is very untrustworthy, I would not be surprised to find out that the obama adminastration had something to do with the oil rig explosion. I could be wrong many if not most will say I am wrong, chances are I am but this will happen when you have a President that remains closed to the public and lies when he say's he is transparent.

Some people here do not like what I said. So I ask those people who gave me a bad rep to step forward and tell me what is incorret in my post. And disregard the underlined part, as I said I could be wrong about obama or his adminastration having somet thing to do with the explosion. Come on Man or woman up.

Forum List

Back