Obama Wants $7 Gallon Gas!!!!

Why not 10 dollar gas or 100 dollar gas? Why 7 dollar gas?

Republicans are so stupid, they think that when companies drill here, it's our oil. But it's not. It goes to the world market where other companies compete to buy it. That's right. We don't get to keep it. We have to buy our oil from foreign oil companies even when they drill here.
We'll just ignore a little thing called "Supply and demand" and it's effect on price.

Whatever happened to freeing ourselves from sources of foreign oil? Oh that's right, NIMBY is stronger than national security. We don't have adults running the country right now, we have a bunch of narcissist overgrown teenagers who just give a shit on what they can get for themselves and damn the rest of y'all.

President Obama has a solution to the Gulf oil spill: $7-a-gallon gas.

That's a Harvard University study's estimate of the per-gallon price of the president's global-warming agenda. And Obama made clear this week that this agenda is a part of his plan for addressing the Gulf mess.

So what does global-warming legislation have to do with the oil spill?

Good question, because such measures wouldn't do a thing to clean up the oil or fix the problems that led to the leak.

The answer can be found in Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's now-famous words, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste -- and what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before."

That sure was true of global-warming policy, and especially the cap-and-trade bill. Many observers thought the measure, introduced last year in the House by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.), was dead: The American people didn't seem to think that the so-called global-warming crisis justified a price-hiking, job-killing, economy-crushing redesign of our energy supply amid a fragile recovery. Passing another major piece of legislation, one every bit as unpopular as ObamaCare, appeared unlikely in an election year.

So Obama and congressional proponents of cap-and-trade spent several months rebranding it -- downplaying the global-warming rationale and claiming that it was really a jobs bill (the so-called green jobs were supposed to spring from the new clean-energy economy) and an energy-independence bill (that will somehow stick it to OPEC).

Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) even reportedly declined to introduce their new cap-and-trade proposal in the Senate on Earth Day, because they wanted to de-emphasize the global-warming message. Instead, Kerry called the American Power Act "a plan that creates jobs and sets us on a course toward energy independence and economic resurgence."

But the new marketing strategy wasn't working. Few believe the green-jobs hype -- with good reason. In Spain, for example, green jobs have been an expensive bust, with each position created requiring, on average, $774,000 in government subsidies. And the logic of getting us off oil imports via a unilateral measure that punishes American coal, oil and natural gas never made any sense at all.

Now the president is repackaging cap-and-trade -- again -- as a long-term solution to the oil spill. But it's the same old agenda, a huge energy tax that will raise the cost of gasoline and electricity high enough so that we're forced to use less.

The logic linking cap-and-trade to the spill in the Gulf should frighten anyone who owns a car or truck. Such measures force up the price at the pump -- Harvard Kennedy School's Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs thinks it "may require gas prices greater than $7 a gallon by 2020" to meet Obama's stated goal of reducing emissions 14 percent from the transportation sector.

Of course, doing so would reduce gasoline use and also raise market share for hugely expensive alternative fuels and vehicles that could never compete otherwise. Less gasoline demand means less need for drilling and thus a slightly reduced chance of a repeat of the Deepwater Horizon spill -- but only slightly. Oil will still be a vital part of America's energy mix.

More here...$7-a-gallon gas? - NYPOST.com

You are a fear mongering asshole. You like spreading around bullshit..for what purpose?

Commodities speculators would like high gas prices...Saudi Arabia would like high oil prices.

For this ignorant post you get a ride in "The List". Enjoy!

I think the price has more to do with additional gas taxes and fees and not with the price per barrel.

That's a Harvard University study's estimate of the per-gallon price of the president's global-warming agenda. And Obama made clear this week that this agenda is a part of his plan for addressing the Gulf mess.

Good question, because such measures wouldn't do a thing to clean up the oil or fix the problems that led to the leak.

The answer can be found in Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's now-famous words, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste -- and what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before."

That sure was true of global-warming policy, and especially the cap-and-trade bill. Many observers thought the measure, introduced last year in the House by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.), was dead: The American people didn't seem to think that the so-called global-warming crisis justified a price-hiking, job-killing, economy-crushing redesign of our energy supply amid a fragile recovery. Passing another major piece of legislation, one every bit as unpopular as ObamaCare, appeared unlikely in an election year.

So Obama and congressional proponents of cap-and-trade spent several months rebranding it -- downplaying the global-warming rationale and claiming that it was really a jobs bill (the so-called green jobs were supposed to spring from the new clean-energy economy) and an energy-independence bill (that will somehow stick it to OPEC).

Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) even reportedly declined to introduce their new cap-and-trade proposal in the Senate on Earth Day, because they wanted to de-emphasize the global-warming message. Instead, Kerry called the American Power Act "a plan that creates jobs and sets us on a course toward energy independence and economic resurgence."

But the new marketing strategy wasn't working. Few believe the green-jobs hype -- with good reason. In Spain, for example, green jobs have been an expensive bust, with each position created requiring, on average, $774,000 in government subsidies. And the logic of getting us off oil imports via a unilateral measure that punishes American coal, oil and natural gas never made any sense at all.

Now the president is repackaging cap-and-trade -- again -- as a long-term solution to the oil spill. But it's the same old agenda, a huge energy tax that will raise the cost of gasoline and electricity high enough so that we're forced to use less.

The logic linking cap-and-trade to the spill in the Gulf should frighten anyone who owns a car or truck. Such measures force up the price at the pump -- Harvard Kennedy School's Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs thinks it "may require gas prices greater than $7 a gallon by 2020" to meet Obama's stated goal of reducing emissions 14 percent from the transportation sector.

Of course, doing so would reduce gasoline use and also raise market share for hugely expensive alternative fuels and vehicles that could never compete otherwise. Less gasoline demand means less need for drilling and thus a slightly reduced chance of a repeat of the Deepwater Horizon spill -- but only slightly. Oil will still be a vital part of America's energy mix.

See? I told you our asses were gonna get socked with the bills and nobody believed me..

You are a fear mongering asshole. You like spreading around bullshit..for what purpose?

Commodities speculators would like high gas prices...Saudi Arabia would like high oil prices.

For this ignorant post you get a ride in "The List". Enjoy!

I think the price has more to do with additional gas taxes and fees and not with the price per barrel.

but obiewantheliar said he wasn't gonna raise taxes on anybody making less than 250 grand.

Why is anyone surprised here about this claim?????

During the campaign he said TWO things about this that burned into my memory about gas prices.

1. He was upset that gas prices rose so quickly because that caused resistance from the public.

2. His ultimate goal was to get to $8/gallon gas.

So why are we surprised this is his goal and he'd use this disaster to help achieve this?

The man's not an idiot... he's a revolutionary working to destroy this nation. Everything he's passed is going to have to be repealed. Hell, everything new back to at LEAST 2006 is going to have to be repealed for us to repair this nation.

obama gives ok to more offshore drilling
Month later we have a major offshore oil leak.
Obamas agenda has been to raise gas prices.
He is very untrustworthy, I would not be surprised to find out that the obama adminastration had something to do with the oil rig explosion. I could be wrong many if not most will say I am wrong, chances are I am but this will happen when you have a President that remains closed to the public and lies when he say's he is transparent.

Oh my, another member of the tinfoil hat brigade.:eek:

Why not 10 dollar gas or 100 dollar gas? Why 7 dollar gas?

Republicans are so stupid, they think that when companies drill here, it's our oil. But it's not. It goes to the world market where other companies compete to buy it. That's right. We don't get to keep it. We have to buy our oil from foreign oil companies even when they drill here.

With all due respect to you, dean....and that is very little. Do you think that the prices would stop with just the gas?
Think about that Snickers bar price, cost of an auto, clothing, the food you shove in your face, and the cost of a hangman's rope to put around your neck when you do yourself in because you realized what a stupid ass comment you made.
just sayin.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
HOLY SHIT! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

It must suck to be you people scared to death of everything ALL the time.....:ack-1:

Translation: I agree this is a bad thing, but I don't have the balls to admit that my living god is making a mistake, so instead I will engage in pointless, juvenile hyperbole to try and misdirect the conversation.

During the campaign he said TWO things about this that burned into my memory about gas prices.

1. He was upset that gas prices rose so quickly because that caused resistance from the public.

So why are we surprised this is his goal and he'd use this disaster to help achieve this?

The man's not an idiot... he's a revolutionary working to destroy this nation. Everything he's passed is going to have to be repealed. Hell, everything new back to at LEAST 2006 is going to have to be repealed for us to repair this nation.

He is very untrustworthy, I would not be surprised to find out that the obama adminastration had something to do with the oil rig explosion. I could be wrong many if not most will say I am wrong, chances are I am but this will happen when you have a President that remains closed to the public and lies when he say's he is transparent.

Hot Air Obama: I’d like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

Oops. How's your tinfoill hat fitting?

Excuse me?
Are you saying that obama gave the ok for offshore drilling is a conspiracy?

Are you saying that the oil rig leak is a conspiracy? That it never happen?
Are you saing that obama wanting to raise gas prices is a conspiracy
Or are you saying that obama not being honest is a conspiracy?
Which is it?

I would say you need to get off that defend obama train because he doesn't give a shit for you.

seriously i cant feature Osama going to this price. it will shut transportation nation wide. and he's already in deep shit. i would like to see more proof here.

HOLY SHIT! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

It must suck to be you people scared to death of everything ALL the time.....:ack-1:

Translation: I agree this is a bad thing, but I don't have the balls to admit that my living god is making a mistake, so instead I will engage in pointless, juvenile hyperbole to try and misdirect the conversation.

No surprises there.. I mean, after all, VaYank always represents himself with a giant ass.

Why is this surprising? It was part of his running platform. Cap and trade concepts have always been part of OB's plan and everyone should have expected this after the oil spill. Over the next 3 years this will continually crop up. This administration views GW as the grates threat to us all and as such they will not stop attempting to push this through. I am sure that they are looking at November as the deadline for any such legislation as it will be nigh impossible to pass a cap and trade bill without the numbers that they currently have in the senate.

Personally who cares? I have been active for a couple decades trying to keep some informed, anymore I make light of a lot of particular issues for the simple reason it's like talking to a bin of grapefruits at the market. I still try in a way, but it would appear it's a losing battle. People are to into other things, sports, TV, all the comforts of home etc, everything those with 'other agendas', not for the good of all, love to see. We know a lot of what their agendas are and have been, yet we do little or nothing for the most part except bitching in blogging sites, not followed up with protests and marches and other peaceful means of protesting. Without the citizens rising up En Masse, nothing is going to change their goals. I and others will end up paying $7 to $10/US Gal for gas if it comes to that, and it very well might.

The U.S. Gov't Printing office will be working overtime to print the new $50,000 & $100,000 bills for the up and coming inflation. Who cares? When we, ALL DO, then maybe real control by the people to put and end to this nonsense will occur, until then, prepare to be so poor and busy you won't have the time to protest, not even the cost of your up and coming 'on-line content' fees and internet connection, that is if Obama doesn't throw the "Big Swtich" and have internet blackouts when they are discovered doing something the masses don't like, shut them all up, CLICK,everyone's voices internet wise,silenced.

Forum List

Back