Obama vs. JFK on taxes-video

What %?? Try ZERO

Those 47% (and every other citizen as well) should be put up to the very same % on every dollar earned.... but funny thing is I bet you would see more lefties calling for a tax 'cut' then

Yeah, well, name the conservative/Republican politicians who are running on that idea, i.e., raising taxes on the 47% who pay zero.

Give me a nice representative list of them.

There are many more starting to embrace the flat tax with no exceptions.. unfortunately ones who have proposed a 'flat tax' system, such as Spector, still try and buy votes by having a floor that people can duck under.. .Sen Burgess proposes a flat tax system every year, and every year it is shot down.. candidate Toomey supports a simplified flat tax system... there are SOME out there.. unfortunately, not enough of them... many are too afraid to run on a platform of true equality and still want to pander to the people who want others to pay their share for them

The trap you/we/us/them/ are in is that you'll never get the votes to raise taxes on the lower half of the economic scale in this country, so almost all federal income tax revenue is going to have to come from the upper half.

The unified budget has been taxing everyone. Medicare, Social Security & Unemployment tax are paid by all employed & spent by government. There is no locked box. To go even further many of us have State, County & City taxes deducted from pay checks. The employer also pays all these taxes regardless of weather he is turning a profit under $47K or loosing money.

I didn't expect someone like you living on the governments tit to figure it out.

lol.

We are talking about FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

Where do you think the surplus Social Security tax revenue went? It was spent the same way to fund the same old discretionary slush fund things Federal Income tax do. These have been Federal Income taxes in disguise & every worker pays them.

So you want to cut the payroll tax?

Do you want to raise the earned income tax credit?

Let's see. We make significant cuts to all the marginal tax rates so that folks have more take home pay than before the cuts. Wonder what millions and millions of people would do with that extra money every month? After month, after month, after month....

It makes sense if their was a corresponding cut in spending. But when you borrow money so that some Americans have a few more dollars in their pockets and the top 1% get millions more in their pockets.......you are just robbing from your grandkids

If the Kennedy tax cut was such a good thing ,then how about we put everyone's rates back to where they were after the Kennedy tax cut went into effect?

Good idea..

Even if we went back to the rates under Reagan

It was Democrats who bashed Bush-I with those "read my lips" ads for saying he wanted to raise taxes. Raising taxes when coming out of a recession to pay for stimulus spending in a recession is what Bush-I & Bill Clinton did & should be done according to Keynesian Economics. Taxes or interest rates were not raised enough which caused the dot com bubble that burst sending us into another recession. Then 9/11 happened so lower taxes & deficit spending were required. Low taxes & interest are still required until we recover from the housing bubble in 2013.

If democrats really wanted to raise taxes, they would have done so by now just like they did health-care. These stupid raise taxes ploy is nothing but political grandstanding for the idiot rabid Democrat voters who repeat their idiocy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back