Obama vs. JFK on taxes-video

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMvZinMb6E]YouTube - Obama vs. JFK on taxes[/ame]

comments at site.

Let's see. We make significant cuts to all the marginal tax rates so that folks have more take home pay than before the cuts. Wonder what millions and millions of people would do with that extra money every month? After month, after month, after month....

Let's see. We make significant cuts to all the marginal tax rates so that folks have more take home pay than before the cuts. Wonder what millions and millions of people would do with that extra money every month? After month, after month, after month....

47% of households paid NO federal income taxes last year.

How much, exactly, do you want to lower their income tax rates?

Oh, gee, how about -0% for those folks?

But for the rest of us I'd be happy with cutting the rates at least in half for starters. That would still yield millions of people with lots of "extra" money every month.

That is bullshit. All employers & employees pay taxes. If you were employed it would be obvious.

If you made out your federal income taxes and the amount owed line says ZERO, you pay no federal income taxes.

That was the case for 47% of households.

So the question is, AGAIN, how much do you people want to lower their income tax rates?

But for the rest of us I'd be happy with cutting the rates at least in half for starters. That would still yield millions of people with lots of "extra" money every month.

So you cut tax rates for higher income people and what happens?

You go from 47% of households paying NO income tax to maybe 57% of households paying no tax, or 67%.

So what percent of American households do you believe need to pay NO federal income taxes before you get enough stimulus to make our economy prosper?

Give me a number, or even a ballpark figure.

Keep in mind, however, that a significant percentage of conservatives are already complaining that the 47% number is too high, i.e., that those people should pay MORE in taxes...

What %?? Try ZERO

Those 47% (and every other citizen as well) should be put up to the very same % on every dollar earned.... but funny thing is I bet you would see more lefties calling for a tax 'cut' then

That is bullshit. All employers & employees pay taxes. If you were employed it would be obvious.

If you made out your federal income taxes and the amount owed line says ZERO, you pay no federal income taxes.

So the question is, AGAIN, how much do you people want to lower their income tax rates?

The unified budget has been taxing everyone. Medicare, Social Security & Unemployment tax are paid by all employed & spent by government. There is no locked box. To go even further many of us have State, County & City taxes deducted from pay checks. The employer also pays all these taxes regardless of weather he is turning a profit under $47K or loosing money.

I didn't expect someone like you living on the governments tit to figure it out.

Last edited:

You go from 47% of households paying NO income tax to maybe 57% of households paying no tax, or 67%.

So what percent of American households do you believe need to pay NO federal income taxes before you get enough stimulus to make our economy prosper?

Keep in mind, however, that a significant percentage of conservatives are already complaining that the 47% number is too high, i.e., that those people should pay MORE in taxes...

I advocated cutting all marginal tax rates, not just the rates of higher income folks.

You'll have to explain your 10 to 20 percent increase in households paying no tax as it's your allegation, not mine.

The economy would be stimulated, as JFK indicated, as the result of tax rate cuts, not as a result of X number of households paying no income taxes. It's interesting to note he also said the prosperous expanding economy resulting from lower tax rates would also raise revenues to the government. A win-win. People have more money and the gov gets more too.

We need to permenantly decrease Social Security, Medicare & Unemployment tax on employers to increase hiring.

We need to temporarily decrease Social Security, Medicare & Unemployment tax on employees to increase consumer spending.

I advocated cutting all marginal tax rates, not just the rates of higher income folks.

You'll have to explain your 10 to 20 percent increase in households paying no tax as it's your allegation, not mine.

The economy would be stimulated, as JFK indicated, as the result of tax rate cuts, not as a result of X number of households paying no income taxes. It's interesting to note he also said the prosperous expanding economy resulting from lower tax rates would also raise revenues to the government. A win-win. People have more money and the gov gets more too.

You're repeating a myth. No one has ever proven that cutting taxes increases revenues.

And while we're at it, tax rates now are somewhere's around half of what they were even AFTER JFK cut taxes. The logical end of this ongoing panacea of cutting taxes every time we have a slowdown in the economy is that eventually taxes are zero, which is insane.

The unified budget has been taxing everyone. Medicare, Social Security & Unemployment tax are paid by all employed & spent by government. There is no locked box. To go even further many of us have State, County & City taxes deducted from pay checks. The employer also pays all these taxes regardless of weather he is turning a profit under $47K or loosing money.

I didn't expect someone like you living on the governments tit to figure it out.

lol.

We are talking about FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

What %?? Try ZERO

Those 47% (and every other citizen as well) should be put up to the very same % on every dollar earned.... but funny thing is I bet you would see more lefties calling for a tax 'cut' then

Yeah, well, name the conservative/Republican politicians who are running on that idea, i.e., raising taxes on the 47% who pay zero.

Give me a nice representative list of them.

What %?? Try ZERO

Yeah, well, name the conservative/Republican politicians who are running on that idea, i.e., raising taxes on the 47% who pay zero.

Give me a nice representative list of them.

There are many more starting to embrace the flat tax with no exceptions.. unfortunately ones who have proposed a 'flat tax' system, such as Spector, still try and buy votes by having a floor that people can duck under.. .Sen Burgess proposes a flat tax system every year, and every year it is shot down.. candidate Toomey supports a simplified flat tax system... there are SOME out there.. unfortunately, not enough of them... many are too afraid to run on a platform of true equality and still want to pander to the people who want others to pay their share for them

lol.

Where do you think the surplus Social Security tax revenue went? It was spent the same way to fund the same old discretionary slush fund things Federal Income tax do. These have been Federal Income taxes in disguise & every worker pays them.

lol.

Where do you think the surplus Social Security tax revenue went? It was spent the same way to fund the same old discretionary slush fund things Federal Income tax do. These have been Federal Income taxes in disguise & every worker pays them.

Do you even know what was being talked about here?

Forum List

Back