Obama vs Bush... Misery Index

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I really can't understand why the inflation rate is officially that low ..but such as it is..

Obama Current Misery Index...

inflation rate................................ 2.1
U-6 unemployment rate................14.4

Obama Present Misery Index.........16.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:eusa_eh:

Bush Misery index before Harry and Nancy..

inflation rate average..............................................2.8
U-6 unemployment before Harry & Pelosi 12/30/2007..... 7.9

Bush Misery Index pre Harry & Nancy..........................10.7

Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2002-2012 Data - US Inflation Calculator

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate

I know this is a crazy question.....but why are you using the qualifier " before Harry and Nancy" in your
numbers for Bush?

Because everything went to shit when they took over the congress..........

But you knew that........

Hello Ollie,

Do the occupants of Congressional leadership positions have a decisive impact on the misery index that the OP is discussing?

I know this is a crazy question.....but why are you using the qualifier " before Harry and Nancy" in your
numbers for Bush?

Right wing idiots trying to blame Bush's disaster on the democrats. Epic fail.

Remind me again who defended Freddie and Fannie while they were putting us on the hook for billions, and selling worthless mortgage backed securities on the open market?

numbers for Bush?

Remind me again who defended Freddie and Fannie while they were putting us on the hook for billions, and selling worthless mortgage backed securities on the open market?

Bush administration WARNED Congress under Democrat control 17 times and the idiots Dodd/Frank Laughed at them!!!

"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted. Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems. Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.

* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized
the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .The more people exaggerate these problems,
the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie
Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position. (Eric Dash, "Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," New York Times, 8/11/07)

Now A recent study released 12/12/12..
" We find that adherence to the act led to riskier lending by banks: in the six quarters surrounding the CRA exams lending is elevated on average by about 5 percent every quarter and loans in these quarters default by about 15 percent more often.
These patterns are accentuated in CRA-eligible census tracts and are concentrated among large banks."
New study concludes that the Community Reinvestment Act ‘clearly’ did lead to risky lending | AEIdeas

Not just leadership positions but Congress as a whole....But again you knew that......

Then, why would the OP qualify the index for one President with the names of the Congressional leaders but not the other? Do you think the OP was being less than genuine in his presentation of the data?

I think you do.

The question is.....why are you letting it slide?

Do I know the answer to that question too?

numbers for Bush?

The republicans. They signed the bill and let their big banker cronies regulate themselves. What a bunch of morons W and the GOP are,....

The republicans. They signed the bill and let their big banker cronies regulate themselves. What a bunch of morons W and the GOP are,....

Hate to play devil's advocate for wingnuts, but didn't President Clinton have a hand in some of that deregulation, too?

Not just leadership positions but Congress as a whole....But again you knew that......

Then, why would the OP qualify the index for one President with the names of the Congressional leaders but not the other? Do you think the OP was being less than genuine in his presentation of the data?

I think you do.

Has Obama had a Republican run congress? Unless I've been asleep for 4 years I don't think so..... And it will get worse as Obamacare kicks in.......

Hate to play devil's advocate for wingnuts, but didn't President Clinton have a hand in some of that deregulation, too?

Yes he did. His willingness to work with the opposition was evident then as it always was.

I think you do.

Has Obama had a Republican run congress? Unless I've been asleep for 4 years I don't think so..... And it will get worse as Obamacare kicks in.......

This is unfortunate. You could represent a seasoned, honest voice here. Instead, you are disingenuous at every opportunity. Fuck off.

I think you do.

This is unfortunate. You could represent a seasoned, honest voice here. Instead, you are disingenuous at every opportunity. Fuck off.

Well, forget him, where the fuck is the troll OP?

What's the deal with this bullshit, Lump?

numbers for Bush?

Democrats like to blame Bush ((((exclusively)))) and I just like to remind them that their leadership controlled Congress and the purse strings..

Forum List

Back