Obama vs Bush (differences)

I was please to note that Obama didn't tell them what direction we would come from and at what altitude our planes would be flying.

I did not like a lot of what Bush did and more importantly with the economy did not due but there never was a doubt that he wouldn/t do what he said.

Spoken like a true Bush supporter.

Gotta love these conservative memes..

-President Obama is a Muslim Communist born in Kenya.
-President Obama is weak on foreign policy.
-President Obama with the help of Acorn stole the election.
-President Obama is creating Death Panels.
And the latest..
-President Obama is just like President Bush. :lol:

Guess it's hard to stick with one warmed over Bircher crapola idea..ain't it?

Your first 4 points are examples of what Republicans say.

Your 5th point is an example of what fiscal conservatives say. It's a requirement that as a voter you have to be a fiscal liberal to vote for either 2 parties. If you were given a credit card and acted in the manner that Republicans and Democrats do when in power would you say you're spending conservatively or liberally?

The credit card analogy is amazingly simplistic and short sighted. The United States is not a household..it's a super power. There are many benefits with that distinction, but it ain't cheap. And I find it amazing as well that conservatives, while in power, spend like crazy and yammer about deficits not mattering and when out of power..go nuts over deficits.

Gotta love these conservative memes..

-President Obama is a Muslim Communist born in Kenya.
-President Obama is weak on foreign policy.
-President Obama with the help of Acorn stole the election.
-President Obama is creating Death Panels.
And the latest..
-President Obama is just like President Bush. :lol:

Guess it's hard to stick with one warmed over Bircher crapola idea..ain't it?

Your 5th point is an example of what fiscal conservatives say. It's a requirement that as a voter you have to be a fiscal liberal to vote for either 2 parties. If you were given a credit card and acted in the manner that Republicans and Democrats do when in power would you say you're spending conservatively or liberally?

The credit card analogy is amazingly simplistic and short sighted. The United States is not a household..it's a super power. There are many benefits with that distinction, but it ain't cheap. And I find it amazing as well that conservatives, while in power, spend like crazy and yammer about deficits not mattering and when out of power..go nuts over deficits.

We haven't had a fiscal conversative in office in well over a century. We've had republicans, big difference.

I see you didn't want to touch the credit card analogy, I wouldn't either if running up debt with no solution in sight was important to me. But rather than insulting it and trying to pass off your fear of answering and sounding like a hypocrite as some form of pseudo-intellectualism I would advise just ignoring it in the future.

Last edited:

We haven't had a fiscal conversative in office in well over a century. We've had republicans, big difference.

I see you didn't want to touch the credit card analogy, I wouldn't either if running up debt with no solution in sight was important to me. But rather than insulting it and trying to pass off your fear of answering and sounding like a hypocrite as some form of pseudo-intellectualism I would advise just ignoring it in the future.

Ignoring what? It's a false logical. If you want to get into a discussion about debt..at least use something more appropriate..like good debt vs. bad debt. Like a mortgage is good debt...a brand new car..is bad debt. Why? Values on homes generally appreciate while values on cars depreciate.

So spending on infrastructure, using this analogy, is good debt..buying brand new weapons systems...not so much.

See how that works?

Obama says one thing.... then ends up doing something else.

Bush did what he said... even if you didn't like it...

Bush told you that he was going to do something stupid, and then he did it. You somehow appear to have found comfort in this.

Ignoring what? It's a false logical. If you want to get into a discussion about debt..at least use something more appropriate..like good debt vs. bad debt. Like a mortgage is good debt...a brand new car..is bad debt. Why? Values on homes generally appreciate while values on cars depreciate.

So spending on infrastructure, using this analogy, is good debt..buying brand new weapons systems...not so much.

See how that works?

Nice spin.

I'm talking about the ability and plan to pay off the debt.

If you have good debt in a house or bad debt in a yacht, but can't afford either, what difference does it make?

If you couldn't afford a house, would your plan be to buy another one? I mean it's good debt, that's government's plan.

Susie Orman recently said that the American Dream is dead. The American Dream of the 80's was bigger, better, more.

Buy a bigger house than you needed or could afford, buy a better car than you needed or could afford and buy more of everything and put it on the card because you couldn't afford it.

That is what got us into the shape we are in. We didn't spend our way into it We used easy to get debt to get here.

I see this difference between Barrack H. Obama and George W. Bush...

:popcorn:

Promises like no nation building?

Bush was garbage.

I see this difference between Barrack H. Obama and George W. Bush...

:popcorn:

Just when I had all the evidence I needed to prove that Obama is nothing more than a clone of Bush.

I don't think Bush would have announce we were bombing Libya then fly off on a vaction with the family.....After picking his brackets and playing golf of course.

Really?

Didn't Bush stop playing golf after someone pointed out how bad it looked? Hasn't Obama already played more rounds of golf than Bush did his entire 8 years in office? I would not be surprised if Obama has played more golf than Bush has since he retired.

Last edited by a moderator:

See how that works?

Nice spin.

I'm talking about the ability and plan to pay off the debt.

If you have good debt in a house or bad debt in a yacht, but can't afford either, what difference does it make?

If you couldn't afford a house, would your plan be to buy another one? I mean it's good debt, that's government's plan.

The debt is servicable and given the circumstances was necessary. The United States has a huge extremely interconnected economy. It makes no sense at all to allow huge portions of it to simply die or be bought out by foreign interests, like Lehman Brothers.

If we continue to allow our assets to be sold off, we will no longer be a "super" power..or even a "power". We will become a third world nation with a rather large military. Like the old Soviet Union. And look where that got them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back