Obama vows to veto short-term bill

HE MET WITH BOEHNER AND REID LAST NIGHT!!!

If you watched anything but Fake News, you would know this. But you're clueless.

again! why didn't the asshole kick some democrat azz for NOT PASSING a budget for the last two years??? answer that and you may gain some of your credibility back otherwise you just whine.

I am not whining. I don't know why we didn't pass a budget last year, probably had a lot to do with the republicans I am sure. But regardless, republicans are the ones at fault in this shutdown.

link please.

Democrats have stepped on it and in it. they are now playing damage control. Unfortunately this is one area they are expert at. Obama will not veto the bill because he has probably already told Reid not to pass it in the Senate.

exactly. and they are on the hook for it now. Boehner by passing the 12 Billion week long fund the military bill has put them in the box he was here to fore in.

He said earlier this week he is tired of these short term fixes and wants the budget. The ball is in the republican's court and they want a shutdown.

If he is so tired of the short term fixes why isn't he meeting with Congress to work out a deal? Is running for reelection more important than making sure the government has an actual budget?

If you watched anything but Fake News, you would know this. But you're clueless.

Again.

If he is so tired of the temporary fixes why did he think campaigning is more important than meeting with Congress? Meeting with them after his campaign stops is not the same as cancelling the campaign stops until there is a budget. You would know that if you understood leadership.

well, perhaps one shouldn't get their news from rev moon's propaganda site...

that said, maybe if the spoiled children of the tea party stopped tantruming and acted like adults, there'd be a deal. they came in to destroy the government and that's what they want to do...even if it's only symbolic and even if it's only for a few days.

and their government hating bretheran love them for it.

and that's all that counts, i'm sure.

thing is, if i were boehner, i'd be real worried about eric cantor. eric wants his job real real bad.
Idiot, it is the dimwit idiots that want to tear the gov't. down. The tea party is more credible than any idiot dimwit.

Jillian is not an idiot, she just views things differantly. THAT WORD SHOULD BE USED WHEN ADDRESSING PEOPLE LIKE rDEAN TRUTH MATTERS AND SUCH.
Sorry, I just get upset when I see this great country being downgraded.

again! why didn't the asshole kick some democrat azz for NOT PASSING a budget for the last two years??? answer that and you may gain some of your credibility back otherwise you just whine.

I am not whining. I don't know why we didn't pass a budget last year, probably had a lot to do with the republicans I am sure. But regardless, republicans are the ones at fault in this shutdown.

Or not. Maybe they were just afraid of the debt.

Facing the uncomfortable reality that the federal government's 2011 budget shows record levels of red ink, congressional Democrats may resolve the politically thorny situation by simply refusing to pass a budget resolution this election year.
With voters in no mood to hear about Washington's $1.3-trillion deficit, some moderate and conservative Democrats say they would rather sit this one out. They have found common cause with liberal colleagues who don't want to pass spending cuts, especially while the economy is still struggling.
pixel.gif

"I'm not going to vote for anything with that magnitude [of deficit]," said Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.), a freshman running for reelection in the fall.
Connolly believes Congress should hold off on a vote until President Obama's bipartisan debt commission delivers its recommendations in a report due by year's end. He thinks his constituents will understand.
"Name one person who won or lost an election because they didn't get a budget resolution passed," Connolly said. "It's totally inside baseball."
Budget Resolution - Budget woes? Just don't pass one - Los Angeles Times

Looks like obama is the man of NO now

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah, right. Obama's the man of NO, after he and Senate Dems agreed to the 33 billion that the GOP originally asked for. The GOP is now saying NO to Boehner's own proposal :confused:

Keep living in dreamland, folks. It's where you belong.
Hey brainiac, the republicans original proposal was over 100 billion, they agreed to 61 billion. The dimwits is 32 billion. Stop putting out lies to make the idiot dimwits look good, makes you look real bad.

just watched the O....lots of you be sufferin' etc etc., but no suggestions, guess he left that basket of baloney with the sharpton folks, oh he did say "they will report to me in the morning"...of course he walked out without taking questions...one day maybe the pres. will take some questions....wow, I am actually looking forward to it. I heard presidents used to do that.

Just heard Boehner said they won't go below 40 billion. They came down from 61 billion and now that idiot reid is not budging on the dimwits 33 billion. Dimwits fault if the gov'tt. shuts down, period. Choke on that you idiot reid.

just watched the O....lots of you be sufferin' etc etc., but no suggestions, guess he left that basket of baloney with the sharpton folks, oh he did say "they will report to me in the morning"...of course he walked out without taking questions...one day maybe the pres. will take some questions....wow, I am actually looking forward to it. I heard presidents used to do that.

Yep Rep Col Allen West called him out on that.

I hope every liberal in here, and every Dem, Who said Obama would be serious about cutting the Deficit. Is ready to say I'm Sorry!! The man is fighting over a fucking Tiny cut, Even the high number of 61 Billion is Nothing compared to the 1.6 Trillion dollar deficit this year. Yet Obama is willing to go to war with the republicans because he thinks only 33 Billion is better.

When you put it that way, I have to wonder why the GOP is willing to go to war with the Democrats over what, according to you, is essentially a trivial cut.

Believe me I think it should be much more. Nobody seems to be taking it seriously. it's just a big game. But if all were going to get is 33 or 61 Billion. I have to root for the ones asking for the 61. Sure I think they should be asking for more.

However clearly Obama is a lying sack of shit. He is not serious about cutting the deficit. He wants government to spend this money. He wants to grow the government. Anyone who can not admit that now is a fool.

At least they are talking 6.2 Trillion in cuts in the senate. A ray of hope. Possibly one person who cares more about the economic Future of this country, than their re-election chances. Making the cuts we need is not going to be popular. Polls are always going to show people for cutting spending in general, but against specific cuts.

Were a Republic and not a democracy for this very reason. We need our representatives to do what needs to be done, to stave off an economic catastrophe that will make the depression seem like good times, despite the fact that it will be unpopular to do.

Only a combination of spending restraint and Economic Expansion is going to claw us out of this mess. Any major tax hikes will be counter productive to the cause.

If he is so tired of the temporary fixes why did he think campaigning is more important than meeting with Congress? Meeting with them after his campaign stops is not the same as cancelling the campaign stops until there is a budget. You would know that if you understood leadership.

Maybe he's just better at multi-tasking than you are.

Just heard Boehner said they won't go below 40 billion. They came down from 61 billion and now that idiot reid is not budging on the dimwits 33 billion. Dimwits fault if the gov'tt. shuts down, period. Choke on that you idiot reid.

Stop being a partisan hack. You admit that both are being stubborn and not budging, then you turn around and level the blame on exactly one side. You also seem to neglect the fact that the Democrats are already meeting the GOP where they so agreed.

Stop being a partisan hack. You admit that both are being stubborn and not budging, then you turn around and level the blame on exactly one side. You also seem to neglect the fact that the Democrats are already meeting the GOP where they so agreed.

Why didn't the democrats pass a budget in 2010?

It does not matter at this point, because it is not going to solve or problems in the present. You may as well be asking why the government shut down in the 90s. It's irrelevant to the present.

What multi-tasking? Was he using his Blackberry to send tweets to Congress while he was telling people that if they didn't like the gas prices they should buy a new car? Why does a man who insisted he get to keep his Blackberry think cars only get 8 miles a gallon? Last time I had a car that got that kind of mileage it could do 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds.

It does not matter at this point, because it is not going to solve or problems in the present. You may as well be asking why the government shut down in the 90s. It's irrelevant to the present.

OH it doesn't matter at this point but you and your clonies will continue to blame the republicans for not getting a budget passed. Got it Check.

What multi-tasking? Was he using his Blackberry to send tweets to Congress while he was telling people that if they didn't like the gas prices they should buy a new car? Why does a man who insisted he get to keep his Blackberry think cars only get 8 miles a gallon? Last time I had a car that got that kind of mileage it could do 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds.

Considering the improvements in everything else since 1903 (the year the Model A came out), I'm wondering why current cars today get LESS MILEAGE than what the Model A did when it first came out! (It was 25 mpg btw).

By my estimation, we should all be getting around 50 mpg right now, that is.....if car technology kept up with everything else.

Forum List

Back