Obama vows to veto short-term bill

Maybe he's just better at multi-tasking than you are.

What multi-tasking? Was he using his Blackberry to send tweets to Congress while he was telling people that if they didn't like the gas prices they should buy a new car? Why does a man who insisted he get to keep his Blackberry think cars only get 8 miles a gallon? Last time I had a car that got that kind of mileage it could do 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds.

Considering the improvements in everything else since 1903 (the year the Model A came out), I'm wondering why current cars today get LESS MILEAGE than what the Model A did when it first came out! (It was 25 mpg btw).

By my estimation, we should all be getting around 50 mpg right now, that is.....if car technology kept up with everything else.

That one is actually easy.

The government makes us buy cars with airbags, catalytic converters, and tons of other things, all of which cut down on the gas mileage we get. I used to have a Honda CVXX that got 40 MPG back in the 80s. The equivalent car now is heavier and burns more gas.

He was willing to make the troops suffer to score political points. He's an asshole, always was an asshole, always will be an asshole.

Forum List

Back