Obama vows to veto short-term bill

He's playing plolitics.

If he was so worried about a budget he should have been screaming at his party for not doing one last year.

That apparantly was AOK with him.

Looks like it will be the Dems fault if there is a shutdown. The Repubs will give them a one week and a rest of the year alternative. If they want neither, then that their bull headedness that's shutting it down.

Looks like obama is the man of NO now

The White House has vowed to veto the short-term spending bill House Republicans will vote on this afternoon, taking away the safety net that could have given both sides another week to avert a government shutdown.

Obama vows to veto short-term bill - Washington Times

I thought he was too busy playing golf and going to parties to veto a bill.

He will make an exception for this.

Of course he will because he wants the government to shut down. Can't let a crises go to waste!

The White House has vowed to veto the short-term spending bill House Republicans will vote on this afternoon, taking away the safety net that could have given both sides another week to avert a government shutdown.

well, perhaps one shouldn't get their news from rev moon's propaganda site...

that said, maybe if the spoiled children of the tea party stopped tantruming and acted like adults, there'd be a deal. they came in to destroy the government and that's what they want to do...even if it's only symbolic and even if it's only for a few days.

and their government hating bretheran love them for it.

and that's all that counts, i'm sure.

thing is, if i were boehner, i'd be real worried about eric cantor. eric wants his job real real bad.

that said, maybe if the spoiled children of the tea party stopped tantruming and acted like adults, there'd be a deal. they came in to destroy the government and that's what they want to do...even if it's only symbolic and even if it's only for a few days.

thing is, if i were boehner, i'd be real worried about eric cantor. eric wants his job real real bad.
well, perhaps one shouldn't get their news from rev moon's propaganda site
ok
From NBC's Luke Russert
The House just passed a temporary one-week spending bill that would fund the government for another week, fund the Pentagon through the rest of fiscal year 2011, and cut $12 billion in spending.

The vote was 247-181.

The White House has threatened to veto this bill if it comes to the president's desk, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called it “a nonstarter” this morning.
First Read - House passes one-week spending bill; Obama says he will veto

ok
From NBC's Luke Russert
The House just passed a temporary one-week spending bill that would fund the government for another week, fund the Pentagon through the rest of fiscal year 2011, and cut $12 billion in spending.

The vote was 247-181.

The White House has threatened to veto this bill if it comes to the president's desk, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called it “a nonstarter” this morning.

Don't bother the trolls with facts. Jillian is to busy making shit up for facts to matter. Obama did NOTHING when his party refused to pass a budget last year and is behind his party's attempt to shut down the Government this year so they can blame the Republicans. Jillian knows it and does not care.

The dems think they can win seats in a year and half with this crap.

ok
From NBC's Luke Russert

The vote was 247-181.

Don't bother the trolls with facts. Jillian is to busy making shit up for facts to matter. Obama did NOTHING when his party refused to pass a budget last year and is behind his party's attempt to shut down the Government this year so they can blame the Republicans. Jillian knows it and does not care.

The party of no:eusa_whistle:

ok
From NBC's Luke Russert

The vote was 247-181.

i love when one of the biggest trolls on the board (hint: you) calls me a troll. i find it amusing.

are you still spending your days whining about rep?

:thup:

but at least big reb thanked you. you must feel so validated.

ok
From NBC's Luke Russert

The vote was 247-181.

i love when one of the biggest trolls on the board (hint: you) calls me a troll. i find it amusing.

are you still spending your days whining about rep?

:thup:

but at least big reb thanked you. you must feel so validated.

Sweety when the word troll is mention you are not on the list, at least in my mind.

Destroy the government? Government hating brethren? :lol:

I've been hearing that more and more from the Left and it cracks me up every time I hear it.

Most people seem to be missing this part of the story.

The House bill would extend the shutdown deadline by another week, to April 15, while funding defense needs for the rest of this year so that troops’ paychecks would not be endangered by a shutdown.

This means that, if Obama vetoes this bill, he will be responsible for the troops not getting paid, not the Republicans.

Forum List

Back