Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

People literally do not care if Obama has the authority to do something or not, they just want him to do it.
Except for the fact that he does have that authority.

Which means that the next Republican president can just as easily cut taxes using the same method. Cheering Obama on in this will result in some badly bitten butts.
When did Obama raise taxes with an EO?

People literally do not care if Obama has the authority to do something or not, they just want him to do it.

Which means that the next Republican president can just as easily cut taxes using the same method. Cheering Obama on in this will result in some badly bitten butts.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Did either of those use executive orders to circimvent Congress and rewrite laws?
Yes.
Links?
You're asking for examples? Is that because you're a dumbass who doesn't know recent history, and has no business debating on this site?

OK - Bush used an EO to forbid Federal funding of stem cell research. That's clearly an issue (funding) that should originate in the House.

Why was that not illegal?
Why was it not challenged in court?
Is everything not challenged in court automatically legal?

I suspect that if everyone actually made exactly the same amount of money these hate/envy filled libs would find something else to bitch about.
Well to start if you saved any of yours they would want to take it away because you're greedy and hate...something.
Yeah..according to synthaholic and those like him it is not fair that the wealthy "don't spend their money" as he or they see fit....
Based on their logic( ha ha) if they don't spend in the manner that makes liberals comfortable, the federal government (Obama) should have the right to swoop in and take an amount it or he deems appropriate.

Did either of those use executive orders to circimvent Congress and rewrite laws?
Yes.
Links?
You're asking for examples? Is that because you're a dumbass who doesn't know recent history, and has no business debating on this site?

OK - Bush used an EO to forbid Federal funding of stem cell research. That's clearly an issue (funding) that should originate in the House.

because the federal government looked at the manner in which most stem cells were gathered( by aborting fetuses produced for the sole purpose of harvesting stem cells) orginated and decided that the government was not going to have the legal authority to sanction abortion for research. Hence leaving it to the private sector to fund its own research...
Now, if there is another safer and non lethal manner to harvest brain stem cells, the government may do well to assist in funding that.
I didn't ask for their rationale, dope.

I asked if it was legal. And if you say it was, then why is that legal and Obama's EOs not legal?

We haven't even gotten to Reagan.

Yes.
Links?

No, but illegal things are usually challenged in court. But your attempt at diverting from Obama's EO on taxes is failing.

Only in the minds of the mentally retarded does ANY President the authority to raise taxes.
Who is claiming Obama raised taxes? Link?

So you admit to being ignorant of the topic of the thread? ;)
No. Eliminating loopholes is not raising taxes.

Exactly - he hasn't raised taxes with an EO.

I thought that was pretty obvious given that we've been talking about whether he will or not, but maybe that's just me.

Only in the minds of the mentally retarded does ANY President the authority to raise taxes.

That's not what the article OR Earnest say's ;)

"White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unilateral executive action."

So you make shit up and think you are clever ;)

Thus creating new ones is not cutting taxes.

No, but illegal things are usually challenged in court. But your attempt at diverting from Obama's EO on taxes is failing.
If it was challenged (which I'm sure it was) then they obviously lost, proving that a President has the legal authority to issue Executive Orders.

So again: why is it legal when Bush does it? What's different about Obama's EOs?

I thought that was pretty obvious given that we've been talking about whether he will or not, but maybe that's just me.
I'm saying that eliminating loopholes is not raising taxes.

You realize he (via legislation) raised their taxes a couple years ago, by 8-11%, right? And how is taking more money out of the economy and giving it to the government going to help the economy?
You think the top 5% earners were spending that money?

Whether they do or not is none of your fucking business.
They don't.
Once again, it's none of your business.

"White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unilateral executive action."

That's not what Earnest said, liar.

The article writer added "in the idea of raising taxes", when Earnest actually talked about eliminating loopholes.

Thus creating new ones is not cutting taxes.
I agree.

I suspect that if everyone actually made exactly the same amount of money these hate/envy filled libs would find something else to bitch about.
Unlikely.

There would always be imbalance because some would save it and eventually buy that nice house while others would spend it on cigarettes and booze.

As a matter of fact - in general that is what happens right now.
Of course. I have always maintained that most poor people capable of working and earning are poor because they spend irresponsibly.
Give a poor person access to funds and they will be right back where they started in a short period of time.

That's not what Earnest said, liar.

The article writer added "in the idea of raising taxes", when Earnest actually talked about eliminating loopholes.

LOL, I posted exactly what he said,you are the liar here kid. ;)

Forum List

Back