Obama versue McCain on taxes

I currently fall under the fourth step, but in two years, I'll be in the sixth step.

McCain gets my vote.

I bet Oprah's pissed that Obama's going to take all her money.

I know what a capital gains tax is ... quit stalling and show us the numbers.

do you own any stocks, a 401k or a pension? and if you do, do you enjoy a 15% tax on those gains, or would you rather enjoy a 28% tax on those gains?

good question, there is no way to figure out those numbers currently. but raising the capital gains tax will not help the revenue(of our government) or will it encourage americans to invest.

lets factor in the capital gains tax now and see where our numbers go.

Google is your friend.

Obama's plan is too keep the current capital gains tax rate for people making less than 250k a year.

The CNN/Money graph includes all elements of the tax plans, including capital gains.

If you make less than 112k a year, you pay less under obama's plan.

It might not jive with what rush limbaugh has been instructing you to think, but that's the facts.

do you own any stocks, a 401k or a pension? and if you do, do you enjoy a 15% tax on those gains, or would you rather enjoy a 28% tax on those gains?

good question, there is no way to figure out those numbers currently. but raising the capital gains tax will not help the revenue(of our government) or will it encourage americans to invest.

So ... basically your answer is 28-15?

That's it?

Google is your friend.

Obama's plan is too keep the current capital gains tax rate for people making less than 250k a year.

The CNN/Money graph includes all elements of the tax plans, including capital gains.
If you make less than 112k a year, you pay less under obama's plan.

It might not jive with what rush limbaugh has been instructing you to think, but that's the facts.

lol ... whoops ... that kinda puts a damper chapstic's argument, eh?

Logic says that if you are in debt as far as Bush has push us we will have to raise taxes. Anyone that thinks we don't is kidding themselves. IMO it needs to start at the top for once. The middle class has carried the burden far to long.

A 3trillon dollar war for nothing has seen to the tax increase. Obama or McCain should be thank Bush right about now for putting them in this position.

Last edited:
The wealthiest Americans have had a pretty easy ride the last 8 years. I don't see foreclosures on too many million dollar mansions!

It would be nice to have the tax burden shifted to those people who make a six figure income rather than have it resting squarely on the shoulders of people like me. I make less than 50K a year.

Every paycheck they take over $300 out of in taxes! why am I paying so much when I make so little? Because that's how Bush/McCain think it should be. They think the burden should be laid at the feet of working class Americans.

McCain said himself that he thinks the middle class starts with people who make less than 5 million, just how retarded is this guy? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Explain again how it is reasonable to tax people a HIGHER percent just cause they make more money? Why it is acceptable to take wealth from those that can make it at a higher percent just to give to those that can not?

Further some of those numbers are misleading, under 20k you probably are not paying ANY tax to begin with so there is no cutting your NONE payment anymore anyway.

And exactly when to 112k or 250 k become rich people? You are aware in a lot of places homes cost more than 400k? So you are claiming people that can barely afford homes are rich? Last I checked there are no terms for thousandaires.

Further if people work they will pay social security tax which Obama will raise. And you pay it on the first 78 k or so you make. So poor people that work will not in fact see a tax decrease, they will be taxed MORE.

Then add in the supposed Universal health care and you have more taxes to pay. I wonder who can afford the new taxes? Not the poor according to you yahoos.

The wealthiest Americans have had a pretty easy ride the last 8 years. I don't see foreclosures on too many million dollar mansions!

It would be nice to have the tax burden shifted to those people who make a six figure income rather than have it resting squarely on the shoulders of people like me. I make less than 50K a year.

Every paycheck they take over $300 out of in taxes! why am I paying so much when I make so little? Because that's how Bush/McCain think it should be. They think the burden should be laid at the feet of working class Americans.

McCain said himself that he thinks the middle class starts with people who make less than 5 million, just how retarded is this guy? :cuckoo:

I suggest you check what that money IS. You will find Social Security and Medicare are a BIG chunk and guess what? THEY won't be going down.

New Topics

Forum List

Back