Obama v. Chinese at G20 Summit

I'm not talking about Obama; I'm talking about wingnuts like you who believe

1) Devaluing the currency helps the economy
2) It was wrong for the US to devalue its' currency even though it helps the economy

:lol: Now you are really proving your incoherent....sonny. Where have I stated that I feel devaluing the currency helps the economy. Feel free to show one ...just one post where I have stated as such. If you can't, STFU.

If devaluing their currency hasn't helped Chinas' economy, then why should ANYONE call them out on it?

You made the statement...now back it up with one post where I have stated what you claim I stated...just one. Don't deflect....show everyone where you are right and I'm a liar. If you can't, then STFU and move on....sonny.

The Chinese have already won. No one is supporting this President's economic policies.

LN,

This isn't about his economic policies, rather its about calling out China on the international stage! Its the right thing to do no?

I guarantee your idol, Ron Paul would have taken some punitive measures against China! This is the man who said the US should pull out of the WTO and end all FTAs!

:lol: Now you are really proving your incoherent....sonny. Where have I stated that I feel devaluing the currency helps the economy. Feel free to show one ...just one post where I have stated as such. If you can't, STFU.

If devaluing their currency hasn't helped Chinas' economy, then why should ANYONE call them out on it?

You made the statement...now back it up with one post where I have stated what you claim I stated...just one. Don't deflect....show everyone where you are right and I'm a liar. If you can't, then STFU and move on....sonny.

You're not just incoherent; You're delusional too

I never said anything about what YOU believe. I spoke about what "wingnuts LIKE YOU" think.

This thread has posts from wingnuts arguing that devaluing the currency helps the economy AND we should not devalue our currency:cuckoo:

The Chinese have already won. No one is supporting this President's economic policies.

LN,

This isn't about his economic policies, rather its about calling out China on the international stage! Its the right thing to do no?

I guarantee your idol, Ron Paul would have taken some punitive measures against China! This is the man who said the US should pull out of the WTO and end all FTAs!

The fact is,he has no support from our allies. They just don't support his flawed economic policies. China wins this one for sure.

I never said anything about what YOU believe. I spoke about what "wingnuts LIKE YOU" think.

This thread has posts from wingnuts arguing that devaluing the currency helps the economy AND we should not devalue our currency:cuckoo:

You incoherent SOB....If I'm a wingnut, then I must think that way....prove it with one post...just one post from me. Shouldn't be difficult if I'm a wingnut....right? Come on, quit deflecting. :cuckoo:

You incoherent SOB....If I'm a wingnut, then I must think that way....prove it with one post...just one post from me. Shouldn't be difficult if I'm a wingnut....right? Come on, quit deflecting. :cuckoo:

LOL, he says wingnutz want a devalued dollar! I guess he hasn't listened to the radio, fox news, the Republicans during the campaign and the Republicans NOW!

Lastly he says wingnutz, but its the Democrats that are printing $600 Billion to bump into the economy!!!

Last edited:

LN,

The fact is,he has no support from our allies. They just don't support his flawed economic policies. China wins this one for sure.

And he really got a smackdown at the Summit. Ditto the one in Toronto.

What's wild is his arrogance. He's actually running around saying he has a stronger global hand than ever.

I will make this statement.....with the printing of more money, it will also increase inflation. Inflation is low right now....but I doubt the government is really smart enough to line up an acceptable inflation % with GDP growth %. Just sayin....

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing t osay

"If I'm a wingnut, then I must think that way"

I don't know of any law or rule that requires anyone to think anything (which explains your lack of thought)

I don't know of any law or rule that requires anyone to think anything (which explains your lack of thought)

When you have nothing, sonny...it's time to run along and play in your sandbox. Next time don't broadbrush all republicans or conservatives into your neat little box called "wingnuts" You just look stupid when you do it. :eusa_whistle:

LOL, he says wingnutz want a devalued dollar! I guess he hasn't listened to the radio, fox news, the Republicans during the campaign and the Republicans NOW!

Lastly he says wingnutz, but its the Democrats that are printing $600!!!

Idiot wingnut is so illiterate it doesn't realize I said wingnuts do NOT want a devalued dollar.:cuckoo:

When you have nothing, sonny...it's time to run along and play in your sandbox. Next time don't broadbrush all republicans or conservatives into your neat little box called "wingnuts" You just look stupid when you do it. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, you had nothing to say, so you had to pretend that I said something about what you believed.

Too bad you can't back it up with a quote from me.

Great article and amazing graphs.

U.S. Wields Less Clout at Summit
Obama Sees Diminished Heft in Seoul Due to Slow Economy, Election Setback

SEOUL—President Barack Obama headed toward the close of the Group of 20 summit, weakened by an anemic economic recovery and an election drubbing that have left world leaders questioning U.S. authority.

China's Hu Rebuffs Weakened Obama at Summit - WSJ.com

Dallas Fed Chief: The Fed Is Monetizing The Nation's Debt For The Next 8 Months

Dallas Fed Chief: The Fed Is Monetizing The Nation's Debt For The Next 8 Months
Joe Weisenthal | Nov. 8, 2010, 1:56 PM

Ben Bernanke has been able to get quantitative easing pushed through with only minimal opposition, but starting early next year the Fed is about to get much more hawkish, as three members are about to get votes, and three doves will lose their votes.

One of those hawks, Dallas Fed Chief Richard Fisher, is speaking out today, warning of the impact of cash that's not being lent out, and what he sees is debt monetiziation -- the Federal Reserve financing the government's spending directly.

What's really interesting though, in his speech, is his call on Congress to do more to boost demand, arguing that there's no way the Fed can right the ship on its own.

The essence of what I reported to my colleagues when we met last week is that more things are moving in the right direction than in the wrong direction. There are some green shoots beginning to emerge in a landscape still pocked-marked by brown spots. General economic conditions are improving slightly and are expected to continue doing so. The risk of a double dip in economic activity has lessened, as has the risk of deflation. Financial speculation and excess, however, is beginning to raise its hoary head.

On the real economy front, data from the manufacturers, railroads, shippers, express shippers, retailers, service-sector operators and others I survey indicate that activity picked up on a year-over-year basis in October and was slightly better than the year-over-year pace of September.

As might be expected, my contacts report price pressures for a range of commodities, including corn, higher-grade food oils, cotton, pulp and, of course, metals and gold used in manufacturing, including specialized products such as semiconductors. This is nothing you wouldn’t already know from a daily reading of the financial press. I do find it of interest that one of my CEO contacts just came back from meeting with all 450 of his Chinese suppliers and reports that the Chinese government was “encouraging” those manufacturers to grant wage increases to their workers on the order of 15 to 20 percent, in large part to goose up domestic spending. Combining wage imperatives with recent commodity price increases, the manufacturers of low-tech Chinese products, from wicker to clothing to the lower end of entertainment devices, have started their bids for supplying the fall of 2011 needs of this particular large importer at dollar price levels 30 percent higher than current levels. Alternative production sites like Vietnam and India, according to this source, are only slightly underbidding these Chinese suppliers.

To be sure, these are opening positions for negotiation. But they are alarming. They might portend a shift back to sourcing low-value-added goods in lower-cost venues like Mexico over time, but in the immediate future, this hints at a squeeze on margins for those sourcing from China, Vietnam and India. Other CEOs who source inputs in the Far East report the same phenomenon, which is vexing because none of them feel they have the pricing wherewithal to pass on cost increases of more than 2 percent or so in light of the weakness of consumption. The one thing they are certain of, however, is that retail goods inflation is highly unlikely to drift downward...

Read more: Dallas Fed Chief: The Fed Is Monetizing The Nation's Debt For The Next 8 Months

Forum List

Back