*Obama Using Religion: For Political Gain*

*Do You Think Obama Is A Fake?*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

LGS wrote:

"Al Baraqi who for two years has SKIPPED the National Day of Prayer instead signs a "proclamation, a silly piece of paper, shunning Christians and prayer for our nation.
Obama to be prayer day no-show - Washington Times

Obama only wanted to celebrate a non-religious Christmas-http://radio.foxnews.com/2009/12/07/obama-wanted-non-religious-christmas/

Including the removal of the Nativity until public outrcry was so great.

Obama is known as the most radical abortion supporter- to include shelving."

1. Excellent post and truthful.
2. This guy is a fake I tells ya!
3. He prays towards Mecca if anywhere else.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

LGS wrote:

"Al Baraqi who for two years has SKIPPED the National Day of Prayer instead signs a "proclamation, a silly piece of paper, shunning Christians and prayer for our nation.

Obama only wanted to celebrate a non-religious Christmas-http://radio.foxnews.com/2009/12/07/obama-wanted-non-religious-christmas/

Obama is known as the most radical abortion supporter- to include shelving."

1. Excellent post and truthful.
2. This guy is a fake I tells ya!
3. He prays towards Mecca if anywhere else.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I absolutely agree!

We all have to remember, "Actions speak louder than words." It's never been more true than now.

Good luck, Mr. President.

Sorry bout that,

1. I could of been wrong about *Thomas J. (this seldom happens folks, so *enjoy*!)
2. But I wasn't wrong about *Honest Abe*, he was a follower of Jesus Christ, for sure.:clap2:
3. Perhaps the powers that be, never run a too religious person, I wonder who was the most religious person to ever hold the office?:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them.
(Abraham Lincoln, to Judge J S Wakefield, after Willie Lincoln's death (Willie died in 1862))

"Mr. Lincoln's maxim and philosophy were: 'What is to be, will be, and no prayers of ours can arrest the decree.' He never joined any Church. He was a religious man always, I think, but was not a technical Christian."
(Mary Todd Lincoln in William Herndon's Religion of Lincoln, quoted from Franklin Steiner, The Religious Beleifs of Our Presidents, p. 118)

Positive Atheism's Big List of Abraham Lincoln Quotations
With all due respect "chesswarsnow," I've already placed some compelling "facts" on the the table with respect to the "religious" beliefs of Thomas Jeffereson, Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan. I've also provided references because I don't expect anyone to accept my conclusions - based on my say so!

Just saying that "*Honest Abe*, he was a follower of Jesus Christ, for sure" just doesn't cut it! Even his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, is on record as saying her husband "was not a technical Christian."

Conservatives, especially "The Tea Party," are becoming notorious for taking liberty with the facts, revising history to read the way they wish it was!

Are you content to be one of those, or are you prepared to raise the level of debate by actually researching the "facts" to support your contentions?

Last edited:
Name a President that has not used religion for gains?

Is this really your defense of DingleBarry? Pathetic. Al Baraqi himself MOCKING God and scripture:

Al Baraqi who for two years has SKIPPED the National Day of Prayer instead signs a "proclamation, a silly piece of paper, shunning Christians and prayer for our nation.

Obama is known as the most radical abortion supporter- to include shelving.

Sir James, meet LadyGunSlinger...LadyGunSlinger, meet Sir James.

You two are going to get along famously...I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proving to voters that you're a church-going christian is the most important thing a politician can do in america. For both parties, this view FAR outweighs any political view a politician has.

If americans were given a crystal ball that revealed a particular muslim/hindu/agnostic/atheist in 8 years would be the single greatest president of all time he/she would still have ZERO chance of being elected president.

Proving to voters that you're a church-going christian is the most important thing a politician can do in america. For both parties, this view FAR outweighs any political view a politician has.

If americans were given a crystal ball that revealed a particular muslim/hindu/agnostic/atheist in 8 years would be the single greatest president of all time he/she would still have ZERO chance of being elected president.

Absolutely....

The closest thing to a real Church-going Christian, both in and out of office, was/is Jimmy Carter - and the conservative Christian Right "trashed" him in favor of Ronald Reagan and Bonzo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I could of been wrong about *Thomas J. (this seldom happens folks, so *enjoy*!)
2. But I wasn't wrong about *Honest Abe*, he was a follower of Jesus Christ, for sure.:clap2:
3. Perhaps the powers that be, never run a too religious person, I wonder who was the most religious person to ever hold the office?:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them.
(Abraham Lincoln, to Judge J S Wakefield, after Willie Lincoln's death (Willie died in 1862))

"Mr. Lincoln's maxim and philosophy were: 'What is to be, will be, and no prayers of ours can arrest the decree.' He never joined any Church. He was a religious man always, I think, but was not a technical Christian."
(Mary Todd Lincoln in William Herndon's Religion of Lincoln, quoted from Franklin Steiner, The Religious Beleifs of Our Presidents, p. 118)

Positive Atheism's Big List of Abraham Lincoln Quotations
With all due respect "chesswarsnow," I've already placed some compelling "facts" on the the table with respect to the "religious" beliefs of Thomas Jeffereson, Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan. I've also provided references because I don't expect anyone to accept my conclusions - based on my say so!

Just saying that "*Honest Abe*, he was a follower of Jesus Christ, for sure" just doesn't cut it! Even his wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, is on record as saying her husband "was not a technical Christian."

Conservatives, especially "The Tea Party," are becoming notorious for taking liberty with the facts, revising history to read the way they wish it was!

Are you content to be one of those, or are you prepared to raise the level of debate by actually researching the "facts" to support your contentions?

1. I am sure *Honest Abe* was a Christian, and I have faith that I'm correct, its a Christian thing, you wouldn't know anything about that.
2. His wife said herself he was a Christian and defended him so.
3. She did admit, he wasn't much of a outward Christian, didn't belong to any church group.
4. There are lots of those types, the most famous was, John the Baptist, there's a branch of the Christian religion that honors him, I'm sure you've heard of it, The Baptists.
5. Thou they gather in church buildings, wouldn't it be great if they only gathered down by the river, and deserted places?
6. I will give you Jeffro, but not *Abe*.
7. Its hard to believe Jeffro was a heathern,..????
8. But as they say, *shit happens*.
9. I wonder if he had a late in life epiphany?
10. I can't imagine he not.:(

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back