Obama used recess appointments to fill 15 admin posts without Senate confirmation

conservatives posting in this thread were FOR recess appointments before they were against it!

It is a story because not only did all the Republicans Senators ask that this one person not be appointed but several Democrats were also against his appointment. Obama is simply ignoring everyone when he wants something or owes someone.

did a majority of senaotrs oppose his appointment?

if not...stfu

Recess Appointments are now good according to the corrupt Democrats. Nobody whined more about how "Evil" Recess Appointments were than Reid & Pelosi did back when the other side was doing it. My God,they were both on CNN 24/7 whining with their buddy Wolf Blitzer about how wrong it was for the Republicans to grant Recess Appointments. What a scam. Pelosi & Reid gotta go. Make 2010 count people.

It is a story because not only did all the Republicans Senators ask that this one person not be appointed but several Democrats were also against his appointment. Obama is simply ignoring everyone when he wants something or owes someone.

if not...stfu

Wouldn't even matter if it were a majority. It's an Executive power to make temporary recess appointments without the advice and consent of the Senate, meaning the Legislature has no say.

It doesn't matter if the Senate already voted on their confirmation and rejected them. It doesn't matter if they get pelted with rotten tomatoes every time they walk past the Senate chamber. It doesn't matter if the appointees had a barbeque with the Senate mascot as the main course. The Senators have no say. Never did, never will unless the Constitution is amended.

They'll have their chance to provide all the grandstanding they want for the folks back home on other appointees who come up for confirmation. In return for the lack of consent, the appointments are only temporary. Like it or not, like the appointees or not, it is what it is. And it's been used by the Executive since Washington.

Separation of powers, it's that simple. Read your Article 2, Section 2.

Yup,Recess Appointments are now good according to the corrupt Democrats. I think that pretty much sums this issue up. Not seeing Reid & Pelosi all over CNN & NBC whining about how "Evil" Recess Appointments are anymore huh? Time to punish the corrupt Democrats. This can be done starting in 2010. Make it happen America.

if not...stfu

Well now that we don't know do we dumb ass. But of course he can do as he likes, for another 34 months.

if not...stfu

Well now that we don't know do we dumb ass. But of course he can do as he likes, for another 34 months.

we DO know that his appointment was endorsed by a majority of senators....

math must be hard for you.

if not...stfu

I'm terribly sorry, I don't know how 41 Republicans and some Democrats make a minority or a majority. Please enlighten me with facts. Or are you guessing that some Democrats means less than 9 or 10?

Fact is that Obama accomplished nothing with this one appointment but to further the divide. And he had to know that.

I'm terribly sorry, I don't know how 41 Republicans and some Democrats make a minority or a majority. Please enlighten me with facts. Or are you guessing that some Democrats means less than 9 or 10?

Fact is that Obama accomplished nothing with this one appointment but to further the divide. And he had to know that.

go look at the vote

Not sure what everybody is so surprised about. While it is true that this practice has been used many times over by almost every administration, I'm not so sure that it was done with such calculation. But it is what it is...just as the new deathcare bill is what it is...another shining example of the continued decay of a once great nation.

It is not the point that Mr Obama used his power to make these appointments.

It is the fact that All the Republicans n the Senate asked him not to appoint one person, one person whom some Democrats also did not want him to appoint.

An appointment that basically said fuck you to the Senate.

This is one of those where you want to smack him on the side of the head and scream "What the hell are you thinking?"

Not only is Obama taking himself down, but he's taking the Party with him. I wonder how long it will be until more Democrats pile on to the train that leaves Obama's station? Something's gotta give.

In the end Absolute Power really does corrupt Absolutely. Now Recess Appointments are just fine for the Democrats. Gee go figure?

Thus far, Obama has made 15 recess appointments over the 15 months he has President, for an average of 1.0 per month. Bush made 171 recess appointments over the 96 months he was President, for an average of an average of 1.78 per month. Clinton made 140 appointments for an average of 1.46 per month.

So it appears that Obama is trailing his predecessors.

The Democrats are dishonest & corrupt. They now fully support Recess Appointments. Why the change of heart? Hmm? Make 2010 count people.

The Democrats are dishonest & corrupt. They now fully support Recess Appointments. Why the change of heart? Hmm? Make 2010 count people.

It doesn't matter that he made them. We all know that he is within his rights to do so.

What matters is he widened the divide with one appointment, and he knew he was doing so and didn't give a damn. To me that is simply pure stupidity.

Thus far, Obama has made 15 recess appointments over the 15 months he has President, for an average of 1.0 per month. Bush made 171 recess appointments over the 96 months he was President, for an average of an average of 1.78 per month. Clinton made 140 appointments for an average of 1.46 per month.

So it appears that Obama is trailing his predecessors.

Wow...they taught math at your school too huh?

Forum List

Back