Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws

Obama called for making voting easier, not harder. And talked about the effects of mandatory voting. He's never proposed the idea, called for it, or supported its application in the US.

And he's right on mandatory voting. We can't do it under our system without a constitutional amendment. But if we did, it would radically change the political landscape.

Why should the Constitution restrain him?

If the uninformed voter broke even or more for the right there is NO WAY IN HELL King Obama would propose this ludicrous idea to begin with.

My title is confirmed
Your title is biased, misleading, and doesn't give the complete picture.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute a word of it. But I hate it anyway, so I'll lie about it and hope somebody believes me somewhere.
Absolutely wrong. I can refute all of it. First, it's proven that there's very little difference between the Democrats and the Republicans, if any. They're both controlled by Lobbyists, the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Neither party has helped this nation or her citizens. This once great nation has fallen, and it's fallen through many administrations, both Republican and Democrat. We've been going downhill for decades now, and both parties have been in control. Both parties cater to their supporters in return for favors. Neither party is honest with the American people. Both parties have agreed with the senseless deadly costly wars. Both parties engage in pork spending and waste of taxpayers' hard earned dollars. Both parties are responsible for our lose of privacy and lost freedom. Both parties are responsible for our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies. Neither party wants to severely punish the off-shore out-sourcing of our jobs, the importing of labor, and the hiring of illegal immigrants.

Neither party cares about fair and equal taxation, campaign finance reform, no-bid government contracts, excessive military spending, our astronomical and rising national debt, protecting Social Security, affordable higher education, our rundown infrastructure, the growing poor and dependent citizenry, the lose of the Middle Class, an adequate number of self-supporting living wage jobs, protecting our cargo ports, establishing a true system of justice instead of our present unfair and unjust judicial system, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Now, your turn. Try to refute what I have just said. Good luck.

To make voting mandatory all you have to do is amend the Constitution.

:deal:

Actually, Obama called for making voting easier, not harder. And talked about the effects of mandatory voting. He's never proposed the idea, called for it, or supported its application in the US.

And he's right on mandatory voting. We can't do it under our system without a constitutional amendment. But if we did, it would radically change the political landscape.

Piss poor reporting. Saying it would be transformative and interesting is not "floating the idea".

Geezus the beltway press is ridiculous.

If people are disgusted by all the available "major" candidates and don't want to vote, they will no longer be allowed to make that choice.

Obama is proposing that people be forced to vote even if they don't want to. Apparently he feels there aren't enough regulations and restrictions on the American people, and he wants more.

He has not yet announced what punishment they would get if they tried to not vote. But I'm sure he'll get around to it.

And it would just be a matter of time before the Supreme Court declared that the punishment wasn't a penalty, but just a tax.

The Constitution says clearly that poll taxes are forbidden. But how about a tax for NOT going to the polls?

Is there anything Obama won't try to impose on us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandatory voting Obama says it would be transformative - Yahoo News

Mandatory voting? Obama says it would be 'transformative'

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — They say the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. President Barack Obama wants to add one more: voting.

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the corrosive influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the related topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier — not harder— for people to vote.

"If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country," Obama said, calling it potentially transformative. Not only that, Obama said, but universal voting would "counteract money more than anything."

Disproportionately, Americans who skip the polls on Election Day are younger, lower-income and more likely to be immigrants or minorities, Obama said.
As long as he doesn't take away my right to write-in a candidate of my choice, I'm OK. I never vote party, either of them.

Sorry bout that,

1. This isn't Australia.
2. And just because stupid people tend to vote for Democrats, thats why this is not constitutional.
3. See who is voting for Democrats now, *ALL STUPID PEOPLE*.
4. You have to be as dumb as a rock to vote for Obama, or Hillary as far as that goes.
5. Obama was new and shinny spoke well, and wasn't all that dark skinned, "Lets make history and vote in a black dude" that is the mindset of Democrats, just barely able to drive a car without wreaking every day.
6. America is chucked full of fucking idoits, thats not likely to change with all the vaccines being shot into the children's bodies.
7. To make everyone vote would surely make this nation into a liberal hell hole, and destroy it for sure.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jesus, you rubes are getting more and more retarded every day.

Obama in no way implied that voting should be mandatory. He said it should be EASIER, you stupid, stupid, stupid moron.

If it is easier to vote, more people will vote. The more people who vote, the better.

Dumbass.

Obama told a local civic group Wednesday that he would love to see mandatory voting in the U.S., much like it is in Australia, Argentina, Belgium, and Brazil where people have no choice but to vote.
Obama calls for mandatory forced voting in U.S. Alternative
Loving to see it mandatory does not mean it will be.

Sorry bout that,

If people are disgusted by all the available "major" candidates and don't want to vote, they will no longer be allowed to make that choice.

Obama is proposing that people be forced to vote even if they don't want to. Apparently he feels there aren't enough regulations and restrictions on the American people, and he wants more.

He has not yet announced what punishment they would get if they tried to not vote. But I'm sure he'll get around to it.

And it would just be a matter of time before the Supreme Court declared that the punishment wasn't a penalty, but just a tax.

The Constitution says clearly that poll taxes are forbidden. But how about a tax for NOT going to the polls?

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — They say the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. President Barack Obama wants to add one more: voting.

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the corrosive influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the related topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier — not harder— for people to vote.

"If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country," Obama said, calling it potentially transformative. Not only that, Obama said, but universal voting would "counteract money more than anything."

Disproportionately, Americans who skip the polls on Election Day are younger, lower-income and more likely to be immigrants or minorities, Obama said.
As long as he doesn't take away my right to write-in a candidate of my choice, I'm OK. I never vote party, either of them.

1. You are whats called an Independent, now you vote either party, so you stand for nothing and *vote faces* and personalities , and thats like ten times as stupid as a fucking Democrat, dumb ass, make a fucking stand some day idiot!!!!!
2. So smart and smug are the idiot Independents, voting for *THE PERSON*,….....lol!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Obama told a local civic group Wednesday that he would love to see mandatory voting in the U.S.,

You guys are amazing (@ wringing your crying towels). BooHoo he's a dictator in chief who would love to force us to..........

When in reality

"At issue, Obama said, is the outsize influence that those with money can have on U.S. elections, where low overall turnout often gives an advantage to the party best able to turn out its base. Obama has opposed Citizens United and other court rulings that cleared the way for super PACs and unlimited campaign spending, but embraced such groups in his 2012 re-election campaign out of fear he'd be outspent.

Obama said he thought it would be "fun" for the U.S. to consider amending the Constitution to change the role that money plays in the electoral system. But don't hold your breath.

"Realistically, given the requirements of that process, that would be a long-term proposition," he said.

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

Is that you just can't be bothered to read the article or you don't have the comprehension skills to understand the article?

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

Tell obama to go fuk hissef...

Jesus, you rubes are getting more and more retarded every day.

Obama in no way implied that voting should be mandatory. He said it should be EASIER, you stupid, stupid, stupid moron.

If it is easier to vote, more people will vote. The more people who vote, the better.

Dumbass.
Especially if you're illegal...that's what the man means...

Sorry bout that,

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

1. You are whats called an Independent, now you vote either party, so you stand for nothing and *vote faces* and personalities , and thats like ten times as stupid as a fucking Democrat, dumb ass, make a fucking stand some day idiot!!!!!
2. So smart and smug are the idiot Independents, voting for *THE PERSON*,….....lol!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I'm NOT an Independent. I'm NOT a Democrat. I'm NOT a Republican. I'm NOT a Liberal. I'm NOT a Conservative. I'm NOT a Moderate. I AM an American for America, period, nothing more, nothing less. I stand for liberty, justice, freedom, fair taxation, equal and fair representation, a government by the people, and for the people, a self-supporting citizenry and nation, a strong military, protecting our borders, national security, education, affordable health care, alternative energy sources, investing in infrastructure, American products on store shelves, freedom of religion, the right to bear and keep arms, equality across the board, and an end to senseless deadly costly wars.

I never vote for faces, nor personalities. That would be stupid and irresponsible. So, you see, you don't know me at all. Your childish and silly name calling and personal attack speaks a lot about you though. Your age? Anything else cute to say? Any more slams, slurs, or personal attacks directed at me? Any more cute names that you'll like to call me?

Forum List

Back