Obama Unwilling To Negotiate Out Of Concern For His Image

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[Huhhh? Wasn't 2012 heralded by the statement "This is my last campaign" or did we hear something in error out of the "Eye Candy" Chicago Jesus. If you're not concerned with your public image, which you supposedly don't have to worry much about when you're at the end of your legal term limits, why aren't you in there with your sleeves rolled up doing whatever necessary for the good of the country? Or are we to presume, as suspected, you really intend to seek an Unconstitutional Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth term as president, or maybe even president for life? After all why should your 'goombah' and fellow Marxist Hugo Chavez be the only one? The way will be clear if you can somehow manage to strip Americans of their Second Amendment rights. As Rahm said "Never let a legitimate crisis go to waste" Forksucker!]

"Buried deep in the latest Washington Post report about fiscal cliff talks (or the lack thereof) is this item which helps explain, albeit misleadingly, the “impasse.”

Two senior White House officials said that David Plouffe, Obama’s top political adviser, crafted a plan to keep the president from getting sucked into a long, public negotiation like the one that unfolded over the debt ceiling. They said that Obama’s lowest moments in his first term came in a six-month stretch of 2011 when he acted as negotiator-in-chief on the annual federal spending bills and the effort to lift the Treasury’s borrowing authority, becoming part of the image a dysfunctional Washington.

“The last thing we want is another month of images of the two of them negotiating,” one senior official said. The White House is determined that Obama “not be drawn to that level.”

Yeah, we noticed.

But the public image of a “dysfunctional Washington” is founded on the inability or unwillingness of the two political parties to work together to reach compromises. When President Obama declines to engage in intense negotiations, he only reinforces that image — or would if the press made his desire not to “be drawn to that level” more widely known.

But the public image of a “dysfunctional Washington” is founded on the inability or unwillingness of the two political parties to work together to reach compromises. When President Obama declines to engage in intense negotiations, he only reinforces that image — or would if the press made his desire not to “be drawn to that level” more widely known.

The Post is correct, about Obama’s unwillingness seriously to negotiate. As it points out, he won’t even talk about entitlements until Republicans agreed to raise tax rates on the top 2 percent of income. But for the reasons set forth above, I doubt that his unwilling has anything to do with a desire to avoid the appearance of being part of “dysfunctional Washington.” Instead, it has everything to do with his desire to force Republicans to fold or, if they don’t, to gain political mileage at their expense."

Washington Post confirms Obama’s unwillingness to “be drawn to the level” of serious negoitations | Power Line

Why should Obama give up anything in a negotiation that is doomed to failure? We are about to see just how powerless Boehner is as speaker, if they even come up with an agreement the republicans will betray him and vote against it.

Obama almost gave away the store in 2011, and the GOP rebuffed his offers anyway (for which we can be grateful; Obama was in a bit too generous a mood with his concessions last year).

Time to try something new.

He's a prancer and a poofer. All fluff and no stuff.

Elected on oratory skills.

He can talk the talk, but can't walk for tripping over his bottom lip.

You sorry suckers voted him not once but twice.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice- I must be a Liberal.

Forum List

Back