Obama under attack ahead of N.H. debates

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Reuters
updated 11:32 a.m. CT, Sat., Jan. 5, 2008

NASHUA, New Hampshire - Barack Obama's bid to be America's first black president is under fire from Democrats and Republicans alike before political debates on Saturday to help voters pick who to vote for in New Hampshire's primary.

A day after his unexpected victory as Iowa's choice for the Democratic nomination to run in the November election, Obama's message of hope and change was derided by both Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney -- the leaders of the Democratic and Republican fields here.

"Did you listen to Barack Obama?" Romney, the former governor of neighboring Massachusetts seeking to become America's first Mormon president, said at a late Friday rally.

"He is a new face, but gosh when you listen to what comes out of his mouth. It's like, 'We're going to just get our troops out of Iraq," Romney said. "Have you thought about the consequences?"

Romney, who unexpectedly lost in Iowa to former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, was referring to Obama's promise to get U.S. troops out of Iraq.

And Clinton, a New York senator, said: "I know that the next president will embody the hopes and dreams of all of us, but I also know that they cannot be false hopes."

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22515321/

Geez ... if people fell for that "I'm going to get our troops out of Iraq" line, they're even dumber than I thought.

Forum List

Back