Obama trying to tell you what to do with your body!!

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
The nerve of that guy! Trying to tell people to get fit or die trying. Doesn't it really piss you off when someone wants to tell you to be healthy? Bush never did that to us. It's these damned Democrats.

The Surgeon General’s Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation Fact Sheet
Today’s epidemic of overweight and obesity threatens the historic progress we have made in increasing American’s quality and years of healthy life. The hard facts:

Two-thirds of adults and nearly one in three children are overweight or obese.
70% of American Indian/Alaskan Native adults are overweight or obese.
The prevalence of obesity in the U.S. more than doubled (from 15% to 34%) among adults and more than tripled (from 5% to 17%) among children and adolescents from 1980 to 2008.

An obese teenager has over a 70% greater risk of becoming an obese adult.
Obesity is more common among non-Hispanic black teenagers (29%) than Hispanic teenagers (17.5%) or non-Hispanic white teenagers (14.5%).

To stop the obesity epidemic in this country, we must remember that Americans will be more likely to change their behavior if they have a meaningful reward- something more than just reaching a certain weight or dress size. The real reward has to be something that people can feel and enjoy and celebrate. That reward is invigorating, energizing, joyous health. It is a level of health that allows people to embrace each day and live their lives to the fullest – without disease, disability, or lost productivity. To be a nation that is Healthy and Fit.

The Surgeon General?s Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation Fact Sheet

1.jpg

Last edited:
I have no problem with anybody suggesting and encouraging a healthy life style. Just so long as they don't get you to do it by manipulation through regulation

I have no problem with anybody suggesting and encouraging a healthy life style. Just so long as they don't get you to do it by manipulation through regulation

And there in lies the problem. The libs think they can legislate us to health by forcing us not to eat certain things and by forcing us to do or not do other things. Shintoa won't comment on THAT of course.

I don't like folks telling me what to eat, not eat, smoke or not smoke. Govt, which can't take care of its own problems, telling me how to run my life??

Don't think so.

Thanks. I'll go to hell in my own handbasket.

Get fit or die? You mean people who are fit don't die? Srsly? Wow. Obama really is the Messiah! He's promising us everlasting life!!

*Ponders how much everlasting life is gonna cost the taxpayer.*

this is how the right reacts to advice based on sceince.

Dont talk about it or they will claim you are trying to control them by telling them facts.

I really wish you people could see just how silly your responses to facts and ideas are.

the right has become a swirl of silliness

One of the biggest problems with this whole "obesity" concept is that the marks they are looking for people to maintain are almost ridiculous. They have totally skewed the BMI and other benchmarks so that they constantly have the ability to tell you that you are not thin enough, you don't have enough lean muscle mass, etc... It's like they expect everyone to be a scarecrow.

My personal story.... In August of 2009 I went to my doctor for my annual physical. I was 5'-6" and 208 lbs. He threw a FIT. He read me the riot act about my weight, my diet, etc.... This was a year after he'd blown up over my lead level. Grudgingly, I made some significant lifestlye changes (that I now feel great about and wish I'd done before) in late 2009, and at my 2010 physical weighed 163 lbs. The doctor seemed almost UPSET that he wouldn't be able to rail at me again about my weight. He still grumbled that I should be about 5-8 lbs. lighter (I'm now at 153 lbs) but he appeared disappointed that he wasn't able to complain about my weight again (or my lead level).

It really seems like these medical professionals and their cohorts are always seeking something to complain about. Something that they can use to tell us we'er not good enough or that we need to change something about ourselves, lest we incur these dire consequences. It's like their entire enjoyment of their job is based on making us feel miserable about ourselves.

Dont talk about it or they will claim you are trying to control them by telling them facts.

It's MY body. If I want to be 350 lbs, eat only cheeseburgers, pizza, and Fruit Loops, while drinking beer and soda, that's MY RIGHT. Now, I will say that I should be charged more for my health insurance, but it is my right to make those choices and to endure the consequences thereof. I find it much more palatable for people to SUGGEST that I might want to do "X" to improve myself rather than having them try to force me to do it.

And there in lies the problem. The libs think they can legislate us to health by forcing us not to eat certain things and by forcing us to do or not do other things. Shintoa won't comment on THAT of course.

the PTB usually doesn't make their moves so overtly. panic and propaganda are their most favorite manipulative tools.

so if they should decide that they don't want us eating or drinking certain things they'll issue mandatory recalls, declaring that the food is unsafe and make production of those goods illegal unless it is done under federal/governmental supervision/regulation. . . .

That is what the new Health Care Bill does. It gives exorbitant powers to the health and human secretaries to regulate and promote healthy lifestyles, Which means she can now have the power of telling the people what to eat how much to eat and eventually for her or those in the future what should be sold in grocery store's and fast food, on and on.
She has already started with how much salt we need to cut back one. When that doesn't work it will be like New York and be banned from everywhere. That is just the beginning folks.

I really wish you people could see just how silly your responses to facts and ideas are.

You, nor your buddies, have the right to tell ME what I will and will not eat. How much I must exercise or what I will or will not do in my life in regards my health, weight or eating habits.

You should learn how to spell 'science'. :eusa_whistle:

That is what the new Health Care Bill does. It gives exorbitant powers to the health and human secretaries to regulate and promote healthy lifestyles, Which means she can now have the power of telling the people what to eat how much to eat and eventually for her or those in the future what should be sold in grocery store's and fast food, on and on.
She has already started with how much salt we need to cut back one. When that doesn't work it will be like New York and be banned from everywhere. That is just the beginning folks.

Then she's just shilling for big insurance Peach

that the HC bill was lobbied by the HC industry to historic extents should be a tipoff to anyone

they've already considered simply cutting minors off, being they constitute the majority of expenses , much like the other end of life expense spectrum, which they cannot as easily

so to argue who gets what HC, when & where , and endlessly play the inane blame game of neo-lib neo-con just allows the industry , and an industry who has the best Congress money can buy in their back pocket, a free pass to sh*tcan your rebellous a*ses with little to no ado

Then she's just shilling for big insurance Peach

that the HC bill was lobbied by the HC industry to historic extents should be a tipoff to anyone

they've already considered simply cutting minors off, being they constitute the majority of expenses , much like the other end of life expense spectrum, which they cannot as easily

so to argue who gets what HC, when & where , and endlessly play the inane blame game of neo-lib neo-con just allows the industry , and an industry who has the best Congress money can buy in their back pocket, a free pass to sh*tcan your rebellous a*ses with little to no ado

Love your avatar!
That's one of my most favorite all time SiFi movie's :clap2:

We don't need Obama nor his wife "TELLING" us "FACTS".

Unlike you, we don't need them "TELLING" us anything. Unlike you, we can think for ourselves.

We don't need Obama nor his wife "TELLING" us "FACTS".

Unlike you, we don't need them "TELLING" us anything. Unlike you, we can think for ourselves.
Hell, ignore them. Eat whatever you want to eat. Super size three times a day. It helps eliminate the opposition.

Forum List

Back