Obama traveling to Colorado for a Photo opp with shooting victums

Doesn't matter the time really, that was a planned event, planned by the college and the students, a totally different thing, of course the president would attend. Bush didn't plan it or organize it, Obama’s trip was a planned event by Obama for Obama

That's funny. Do you take crazy pills?

No good answer

The left takes the "blue pill" with a good chug of "kool aid"

peopletemple-i4106.jpg

Why does Obama have to run down there? These people are grieving, their family members have just been murdered, and Obama and his motorcade has to run down there

Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will travel to Colorado on Sunday to visit with victims of the movie theater shooting and their families.

White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer announced plans for the trip on Saturday night. Aides say will also include meetings with state and local officials.

Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families - CBS News

Some right wingers are outrage that Obama is going to visit the victims families. They call it a photo opportunity. But if Obama hadn't gone, the same right wingers would be calling him a heartless man with no compassion.

Obama is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

Why does Obama have to run down there? These people are grieving, their family members have just been murdered, and Obama and his motorcade has to run down there

Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will travel to Colorado on Sunday to visit with victims of the movie theater shooting and their families.

White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer announced plans for the trip on Saturday night. Aides say will also include meetings with state and local officials.

Some right wingers are outrage that Obama is going to visit the victims families. They call it a photo opportunity. But if Obama hadn't gone, the same right wingers would be calling him a heartless man with no compassion.

I'm glad he's going, but it's still not batshit crazy like liberals who blamed Bush for EVERYTHING including a hurricane

I'm glad he's going, but it's still not batshit crazy like liberals who blamed Bush for EVERYTHING including a hurricane

I don't know anyone who blames Bush for the hurricane (I assume you refer to Katrina) but I DO take issue with the time it took him to respond.

Isn't that the truth

How much those poor people went through
and now they have to listen to Papa Obama
talk about himself

Maybe he will set a new record for how many times
he uses the word "I" in a speech?

:lol:

You seem to care more about bashing President Obama than the victims of this tragedy. That's just sad. Obama went to Colorado and said some nice words and I am sure his visit was appreciated. Both Romney and Obama suspended their campaigns and I applaud them both for it.

As for caring
I care for both

:eusa_angel:

So you bash him for taking time out for the families of the victims of the shooting? I bet the families were happy he came, but you are too blinded by your hatred to see that.

There are many things you could disagree or criticize Obama for, but when you stoop so low as to criticize him for visting the site of a tragedy you stoop so low as to lose credibility.

Not to take anything away from this tragedy, because it was horrible, but I always wonder why this is considered any worse than the murders that occur every day. I feel bad for the families and the victims of this, but also feel sorry for the hundreds of other victims who died in less sensational killings. It seems like people are more shocked, more sympathetic and more apt to donate money when people are killed in larger numbers. Even if one guy is killed in a drive by shooting while walking out of a theater, his family suffers just as much as each of the Aurora victims.

There was an attempt by some on the left to politicize this tragedy. One reporter, Ross, immediately looked at a list of tea party members to see if he could find the shooter's name. Then he announced that he thought the shooter was a tea party member. When it turned out to be a false alarm, he apologized, but still managed to get it out there.

Obama's words didn't seem sincere to me. I think it was a political stunt and it's a shame.

If I were a family member of any of the victims, I'd be sedated and not capable of making funeral arrangements. The last thing I'd want is to take part in a public photo op to help someone's campaign. Even if it was sincere, I wouldn't be up for it. Obama should have sneaked in quietly and spoke to the victims' families, then it could have been reported on later. Too big of a deal was made about it beforehand. If he really wanted to console the families, he should have been discreet. What he did was use them as a backdrop for a public speech. Big difference. I think it's just disrespectful to people to add a few more rings to the media circus when they already have enough to deal with.

You seem to care more about bashing President Obama than the victims of this tragedy. That's just sad. Obama went to Colorado and said some nice words and I am sure his visit was appreciated. Both Romney and Obama suspended their campaigns and I applaud them both for it.

As for caring
I care for both

So you bash him for taking time out for the families of the victims of the shooting? I bet the families were happy he came, but you are too blinded by your hatred to see that.

There are many things you could disagree or criticize Obama for, but when you stoop so low as to criticize him for visting the site of a tragedy you stoop so low as to lose credibility.

I bet some were not happy he came...

Actually, I am just mocking him
There is a subtle difference
Sometimes such things are lost on the more witless posters.

Stoop low? Hey it is not like I am trying to exploit some
tragedy for my own campaign

credibility?
I have seen your postings
I am not too concerned

Last edited:

Forum List

Back