Obama Tops in Donations from Troops

And those efforts need to come from the INDIVIDUALS that are uninsured... it's their life, their choices, their own care, etc....

It does not make it everyone else's responsibility to do it for them

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE can go online and sign up for medical insurance... the key is you have to FREAKIN' PAY FOR IT.... you want something, earn it!! You can't afford it right now? Try and and study hard to advance at work. Work a second job if you have to. Cut out cable TV and DVD rentals, and a 30K car, and name brand groceries, or bottles of soda you pick up at the Qwik-E-Mart, or monthly x-box live subscriptions, or whatever.....

I'll agree with most of your post, but I will acknowledge that there are actually people out there who literally have no means of receiving insurance, and thats not right. This country should make efforts to get those people without the means to do so insured, but I wouldn't go as far as socializing health care.

Yes, though I don't like giving the government 3X the profit that oil companies make when I fill up. Nuclear waste is fine when disposed of right and I prefer the energy I get to use to school "useful idiots" on the interwebs and keep my beer cold. I do prefer Americans to be able to buy cheap health care though. It's a shame the government inflates the cost so drastically by raping the public with medicare cost, unnecessary regulation and trial lawyer induced malpractice cost. Health care cost would fall greatly if the government would just butt out. I guess I'll just have to console myself with the fact that we have the greatest health care in the world despite government interference in the market.

you mean the 'profit' that goes to paying for construction and maintenance of roads and bridges? and fed taxes are 18.4cents, oil companies make about 10cents. state taxes are much higher. and remember, our gas tax is way below the levels in most other countries

Oil Company Profits
Motor Fuel Taxes

Health care cost would fall greatly if the government would just butt out. I guess I'll just have to console myself with the fact that we have the greatest health care in the world despite government interference in the market.

i dont think the govt is responsible for most of the reasons for high costs.

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/economist/2760
Steven Pearlstein - Adding Up the Reasons For Expensive Health Care - washingtonpost.com
Why Health Care Costs Too Much

And those efforts need to come from the INDIVIDUALS that are uninsured... it's their life, their choices, their own care, etc....

It does not make it everyone else's responsibility to do it for them

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE can go online and sign up for medical insurance... the key is you have to FREAKIN' PAY FOR IT.... you want something, earn it!! You can't afford it right now? Try and and study hard to advance at work. Work a second job if you have to. Cut out cable TV and DVD rentals, and a 30K car, and name brand groceries, or bottles of soda you pick up at the Qwik-E-Mart, or monthly x-box live subscriptions, or whatever.....

I pray that this becomes the GOP platform on healthcare, and that you republicans are honest with the american people about what you really think about healthcare.

You're wrong that anyone can get healthcare. People with pre-existing medical conditions are almost always turned down by private insurance companies, old people, disabled people, and children can't "get online" and purchase insurance, and any kind of high quality insurance is virtually unaffordable to any family with children who are poor or who make a modest income.

If the Capital Eye is in any way related to Helium, it's a leftist rag, and I wouldn't trust any poll they conducted or anything else they print.

Ha! I told you mother fuckers that no way the military this time would be voting Republican. Stop loss, voting against veterans, lying them into harms way, etc.

Only if:

a. They are being brainwashed overseas to think that Obama will gut the military and make America less safe, which I don't doubt the GOP Commanders are doing. The GOP even politicized the military, not just the justice department, pentagon, dc, gao, fema, but EVERY branch of government.

b. They falsify the results, just like they did Florida and Ohio.

I truly believe both angles are being worked.

I agree that efforts should be made to get those uninsured insured. Unfortunately, things aren't as easy as you claim them to be. If universal health care is such a simple solution, then it would have been implemented long ago.

Socializing health care has its own drawbacks as well. For example, the actual treatment will decline, higher taxes, among other things.

Universal healthcare has not been implemented because there are POWERFUL LOBBYISTS working against it.

We don't have alternative energy for the same reason.

It hasn't been implemented because the majority of Americans recognize it for a piece of shit concept. Anyone can look around and see that where it's been implemented, the quality of health care is no where near the quality of our own.

The greatest push for Obama has been via the college students,...these are people still trying to get smart. Punk kids don't know what the hell they are saying and never will. Listen to your parents if you got a pair?

The greatest push for Obama has been via the college students,...these are people still trying to get smart. Punk kids don't know what the hell they are saying and never will. Listen to your parents if you got a pair?

im only a few years out of college. am i still a 'punk kid?'
and saying 'people still trying to get smart' shows what amount of 'smart' you have. in this case, you dont know what youre talking about.

The greatest push for Obama has been via the college students,...these are people still trying to get smart.

Punk kids don't know what the hell they are saying and never will.

Listen to your parents if you got a pair?

See, this is why Republicans are stereotyped as a bunch of old, angry Grandpas.

Dude, you sound like the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn.

Personally, I think the intelligence, enthusiasm, and idealism of college kids and Gen Y-types is at least as valuable as the angry old white men who listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Wonder if that punk kid Tom Hanks listened to his parents?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CKnirCxak&feature=rec-fresh]YouTube - Tom Hanks endorses Obama for President[/ame]

This means that John McCain and the Republicans should be very worried about the fall election. This is one of the most telling signs that John McCain is in serious trouble. Obama is out-fund raising him in almost every aspect. Obama is gaining more donations from private citizens than McCain. And Obama will most likely win over the religious vote. Now Obama is gaining a lot of donations and possible votes from the troops overseas. It's going to be a long november for some people.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back