Obama: "Tolly-Bon", "Pocky-ston"???

Do you idiot liberals here do that? WHen talking over coffee, do you distort your natural accent to be sure to say "Pocky-ston" rather than "Pakistan", or "Lateeeeno" rather than just "Latino"???

Does the little guy in your head say "You're so special fella. You just said it so intellectually, how a real true wordly person would say it."

No shit huh... it's very childish... they sound like complete idiots. Fuck, when you order Taco Bell do you say give me three burrrrrrrrrreeeeeeetos?

Dear Idiot.

It is NOT a bad thing to pronouce things correctly

why is the right so in love with being wrong?

There is no such thing as a "wrong" accent. An accent is what it is. Quit trying to twist it around to sound smart. Two people born in New Jersey and Mississippi are gonna say "Pakistan" far different than Ahkmed the Goat Herder would. None are "wrong". But why such an effort to change one's native accent?

I greatly miss Bush's mastery of the English language...

"....not hardly...." always comes-to-mind.

297.png

Then, there's always "nookyuler".

303.gif

Dear fucking idiot.

There are correct pronunciations to all words.

Your just fucking stupid and want other people to act as stupidly as you do because it makes you feel all cozy.

Grow up you disgruntled brain con.

Do you idiot liberals here do that? WHen talking over coffee, do you distort your natural accent to be sure to say "Pocky-ston" rather than "Pakistan", or "Lateeeeno" rather than just "Latino"???

Does the little guy in your head say "You're so special fella. You just said it so intellectually, how a real true wordly person would say it."

No shit huh... it's very childish... they sound like complete idiots. Fuck, when you order Taco Bell do you say give me three burrrrrrrrrreeeeeeetos?

:lol:

Picture you just gave me in my head:

- Stupid 23 year old liberal d-bag pulls up to Taco Bell drive through in his hybrid, heading to his Occupy protest. He orders a "tres cheese burrrrrreeeeeeto" with the tongue roll, and tells his friend "Hey man, thats how they pronounce it, gotta 'spect their culture brah". Pulls up to the black female who gives him their burrito.

Its far from just Obama. All left wing morons do this shit. On MSNBC a few days ago, they were talking immigration. Some Democratic feminist was on there, talking normally, saying "They dont want to lose the Latino vote", but mid-sentence, she had some sort of vocal cord seizure and said "the 'LATEEEEEENO' vote". Bitch, just talk. Stop trying to sound multicultural through your language. You're were probably born in Scranton.
I agree w/ you there.
I greatly miss Bush's mastery of the English language...

"....not hardly...." always comes-to-mind.

297.png

Then, there's always "nookyuler".

303.gif

That one is a good case-in-point

You can trash can right now the idea that this world is going to act like fucking idiots like you so you feel all safe and smart.

- Stupid 23 year old liberal d-bag pulls up to Taco Bell drive through in his hybrid, heading to his Occupy protest. He orders a "tres cheese burrrrrreeeeeeto" with the tongue roll, and tells his friend "Hey man, thats how they pronounce it, gotta 'spect their culture brah". Pulls up to the black female who gives him their burrito.

Anyway, would Obama worry about offending the Tolly Ban by mispronouncing their name?

This guy's nuts... he really is.

Stupid is as stupid does with the right wing degressive brain trust of the republican party

Dear fucking idiot.

There are correct pronunciations to all words.

Your just fucking stupid and want other people to act as stupidly as you do because it makes you feel all cozy.

Grow up you disgruntled brain con.

And Obama speaks in ebonics some of the time, DC-political speak the other times, politically correct international speak other times. Guess depends what talk show he is on.

But I'd bet 100% that when he was in college, he didn't say "Pocky-ston".

I'm waiting on him to say "May-He-Co" when talking about Mexico in the campaign. He goes to Brazil alot too. Will he use silent "R"s there?

Anyway, would Obama worry about offending the Tolly Ban by mispronouncing their name?

This guy's nuts... he really is.

Yeah, he probably would worry about that. After all, talking to an enemy is the best way, and we certainly can't offend the "Tolly Bon".

Next up, we gotta talk with "MAY-HE-CO" about the guns and border problems.

Mr. Shaman, why do you still put so much effort into all the colors, centering, etc, etc, for your posts? Obviously I think you're a brain fried left wing moron, but making fun of you would be so much easier if I bothered reading your posts anymore. Colors, graphics and centering text doesn't makeyou smarter....or make us think you are.

Who cares how your GF says it, bucs. That's the point. Your way is not the only way, bubba.

But why change it? Obama obviously has a normal midwest accent. His instinctive accent is similar to 90% of other Americans, with the deep South and Northern/Jersey accents excluded.

Its so obvious when he hits a word like that and purposely distorts his natural accent to say it how someone else, in another part of the world, would say it.

Why? Why do that? Just say it how most Americans do, how HE HIMSELF would say it normally.

Because many in the belt way, because of Ivy League education, talk differently. No reason why the should not, and no reason for you to make fun of it.

An Ivy League education has nothing to do with it other than the fact that certain people are indoctrinated into the 'virtue' of pretentiousness there.

But why change it? Obama obviously has a normal midwest accent. His instinctive accent is similar to 90% of other Americans, with the deep South and Northern/Jersey accents excluded.

Its so obvious when he hits a word like that and purposely distorts his natural accent to say it how someone else, in another part of the world, would say it.

Why? Why do that? Just say it how most Americans do, how HE HIMSELF would say it normally.

Because many in the belt way, because of Ivy League education, talk differently. No reason why the should not, and no reason for you to make fun of it.

Well I'm going to. They sound like fucking idiots. Just talk in your normal accent. Bush had an Ivy League education and didn't talk that way. Some of the NFL players and coaches had Ivy League educations. They dont either.

Lefties like the self-important feeling they get when they try to talk like a native of a foreign country would. Out of "respect" right?

Your argument is neither the Lefty Way or the Righty Way.

Your argument is about the Dumb Way.

Go ahead and talk the dumb way all you want. We have libs and cons here who talk the dumb way.

Go for it.

Here's what you do. You listen to native speakers of a particular language say words. Then, you do your best to pronounce the words........especially when it comes to proper nouns......exactly the same way.

You make an attempt, asshole.
Let's hear this one.
Tokyo pronunciation: How to pronounce Tokyo in Japanese, English, Italian, Danish

That might have been great if the thing worked.

It works fine.

Whats with this dude trying to be overly.....whats the word.....academic, when he makes speeches and uses the politically correct way to pronounce words like that?

Hey Prez, you are in America. You dont have to say it like you are in Egypt, or the Columbia Univ professors lounge. Taliban will be fine. Pakistan too. "Tolly-bon", when combined with the rest of your plain American sounding language, sounds like you made such an effort to pronounce it differently....out of respect or something? For the "Tal-a-ban". Or "Pack-is-tan", not "Pocky-ston".

Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sound it out you fool

You're confirming my point. Americans dont pronouce it that way.

Only left wing fucking idiots take the time to know, or care, how a goat and dirt farmer in a cave would say it.

You keep suggesting that Obama says it the way native speakers would say it.

Does he?

I've heard knowledgeable people say Pahkistan, and Pahkistahn. I don't know of anyone else who pronounces those two particular words "Pakistan" and "Taliban" in the exaggerated way Obama does.

Forum List

Back