Obama: "Tolly-Bon", "Pocky-ston"???

The dude says it how he says it. He is making an attempt to pronounce it correctly. Banging him for trying to do something correctly is dumb.

Some people have a better capacity for language than others.....just like some have a better capacity for music or for numbers. I don't bang on Bono because he hears more in a note than I do. In fact....I admire him for it.

Try admiring skills that you don't have. It is all good.

More than half of why Obama annoys me is due to how people hold him up as a shining example of precision, grace, etc.

He makes an effort. Good for him. He might have come across as endearing in some ways -- on this and in other areas -- if his followers would have let it be what it is and merely called it a "a good effort" and not acted like he was actually doing it right.

He does not have "followers". He has voters and supporters.

Just relax. The man is not trying to be a god and he is simply trying to say the words as they were meant to be said.

Just relax. The man is not trying to be a god and he is simply trying to say the words as they were meant to be said.

Repeat last post with "passionate supporters" in place of "followers".

If people didn't act like he was a model of correctness and so many other virtues instead of a very real man with normal feet which might even have a little bit of clay on them, then his foibles would not be anywhere near as annoying.

That's about it.

If people didn't act like he was a model of correctness and so many other virtues instead of a very real man with normal feet which might even have a little bit of clay on them, then his foibles would not be anywhere near as annoying.

That's about it.

Actually it could be argued that he has worshipers. :eusa_whistle:

That's about it.

Of course it could. But as you see, even the use of the word "followers" can be a distraction to his "supporters" and undermine the points I want to make.

So I will try to stop saying "followers" and start saying "supporters" so as not to impede conversations with his "supporters".

That's about it.

By whom?

Dear Idiot.

It is NOT a bad thing to pronouce things correctly

From YOU that has to be the funniest damned post I have EVER read! You want us to believe you can communicate through the spoken word better than you can through the written word! Classic!~ And damned funny! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The dude says it how he says it. He is making an attempt to pronounce it correctly. Banging him for trying to do something correctly is dumb.

Some people have a better capacity for language than others.....just like some have a better capacity for music or for numbers. I don't bang on Bono because he hears more in a note than I do. In fact....I admire him for it.

Try admiring skills that you don't have. It is all good.

And some have a better capacity for sucking up to terrorists!

Forum List

Back