Obama Told, 'Apology Not Welcomed Here'

While planning for the invasion of Japan, the Department of the Army estimated AT LEAST 1,000,000 American and Allied troops to carry out the invasion. Estimates on allied casualties ranged from 100,000 to 250,000 DEAD. Not wounded, but DEAD. The amount of time estimated to take the island was over a year. Estimates on Japanese dead were well over a MILLION.

The Japanese Army had at least three years to build up their defenses for the home island, KNOWING that eventually the allies would have to invade. The Japanese public had been encouraged to get involved AND were expected to fight to the last man. Look at Saipan and Okinawa and you will see just a small example of what an invasion of the main island would have been like.

Luckily, and yes I said luckily, the United States developed and delivered the atmoic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Was the result of those bombings horrific? Yes, absolutely. Hundreds of thousands were killed and generations of Japanese were mutilated due to radiation. But, an invasion of the main island would have been unimaginable horror for both the Japanese AND the allies.

Apologize for the bombings? If you have ANY sense of history or know ANYTHING about what occurred and what would have happened IF the invasion had taken place, then you would know that an apology is absolutely absurd. Not only that, but it is an INSULT to those who lost their lives to one of the most horrific abuses in modern warfare. The Bataan Death March, the concentration camps on the Phillipines, the slave labor in China. No, if you have any idea of what happened then an apology is an afront to those who suffered from a war started and promoted by the Japanese. As one wise man put it, " You reap what you sow."

While planning for the invasion of Japan, the Department of the Army estimated AT LEAST 1,000,000 American and Allied troops to carry out the invasion. Estimates on allied casualties ranged from 100,000 to 250,000 DEAD. Not wounded, but DEAD. The amount of time estimated to take the island was over a year. Estimates on Japanese dead were well over a MILLION.

The Japanese Army had at least three years to build up their defenses for the home island, KNOWING that eventually the allies would have to invade. The Japanese public had been encouraged to get involved AND were expected to fight to the last man. Look at Saipan and Okinawa and you will see just a small example of what an invasion of the main island would have been like.

Luckily, and yes I said luckily, the United States developed and delivered the atmoic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Was the result of those bombings horrific? Yes, absolutely. Hundreds of thousands were killed and generations of Japanese were mutilated due to radiation. But, an invasion of the main island would have been unimaginable horror for both the Japanese AND the allies.

Apologize for the bombings? If you have ANY sense of history or know ANYTHING about what occurred and what would have happened IF the invasion had taken place, then you would know that an apology is absolutely absurd. Not only that, but it is an INSULT to those who lost their lives to one of the most horrific abuses in modern warfare. The Bataan Death March, the concentration camps on the Phillipines, the slave labor in China. No, if you have any idea of what happened then an apology is an afront to those who suffered from a war started and promoted by the Japanese. As one wise man put it, " You reap what you sow."

Who said anybody was going to apologize? All I've seen are partisan hacks twisting words. :confused:

I was in NYC at the time the Hiroshima exhibit was on at the U.N. I swear I was ready to fall to my knees. Only to keep my decorum, I held steady.

You truly have never seen anything like this. It's still seared into my brain.

But I have to keep reminding myself not to play Monday morning quarterback. At that moment, at that time, he had to do what he had to do.

We can't look back on leaders and condemn them. They are fed information, and then they act on the information that has been given them.

I'm not making excuses for any leader who has truly screwed up. But wow. When you see something like that exhibit, if you don't feel remorse, you aren't human.

Now that being said, Japan brought this to their people. And the poor souls paid such a heavy price for their idiot government who thought Pearl Harbour was just such a good idea.

Last edited:
I was in NYC at the time the Hiroshima exhibit was on at the U.N. I swear I was ready to fall to my knees. Only to keep my decorum, I held steady.

You truly have never seen anything like this. It's still seared into my brain.

But I have to keep reminding myself not to play Monday morning quarterback. At that moment, at that time, he had to do what he had to do.

We can't look back on leaders and condemn them. They are fed information, and then they act on the information that has been given them.

I'm not making excuses for any leader who has truly screwed up. But wow. When you see something like that exhibit, if you don't feel remorse, you aren't human.

Now that being said, Japan brought this to their people. And the poor souls paid such a heavy price for their idiot government who thought Pearl Harbour was just such a good idea.

I have been to Hiroshima. I am not proud of what those two bombs did. I am not proud that the United States and President Truman had to choose the lesser of what was obviously two evils. If you were a cold blooded accountant, the numbers would have told the tale and the choice would have been easier to make. If you were sitting in an office in the Pentagon in 1945 and had to choose between 100,000 to 250,000 allies dead and over a million Japanese dead, the choice would have been easy to make as well. That does not put a face onto such suffering.

War is EXACTLY like that. Nothing can prepare you for the slabs of concrete where the silhouette of people are burned into the material. Or the pictures of the dead, the dying, and the radiated. The children that are still being born with deformaties that make you turn away.

Tojo did not want to surrender even after Nagasaki. It took an order from the Japanese Emporer to make it happen. For the first time ever, the Emporer had to speak to his people on radio to explain to them why they were surrendering. Tojo was hanged for his part in what happened. And a ship lays at the bottom of Pearl Harbor with over 1,300 American's still on board. Does anyone know anything that is so wasteful?

Obama apologizes for everything. But surely, even HE understands that Hiroshima and Nagasaki stopped something that would have been a catastrophe.

Who said anybody was going to apologize? All I've seen are partisan hacks twisting words. :confused:
There is just a cable telling him not to apologize that later a lackey said he wasn't going to do.

That's all.

Poor Obama is obviously running low on people to apologize too.

Something about the respect of the world.

He could start by apologizing to me for reducing revenues from my oilfield clientèle by about 25%.

When are you going to apologize for wasting our time? :cool:

6a00d8341c630a53ef0128759fd303970c-600wi

Forum List

Back