Obama today

Are a few bad apples really worth bitching about.. seriously.. with everything going on in this country and the world today youre complaining about a handfull of system gamers...My how petty some of our lives have become...... stuppy... [whatever the hell that means]

A few bad apples you are stuppy. Stuppy = stupid

wel1.html

This link should cover all your questions.

Yeah hon, even assuming the quarter billion dollar figure is correct, that's also the 1994 numbers.

A LOT of legislature changes since then, ya know?

Like this:

On August 22, 1996 President Clinton signed into law the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, Public Law 104-193, better known as the Welfare Reform Bill.

Now what did that law do?

This law changes how governmental financial assistance is administered including: changing federal funding to states from an open-ended entitlement to a series of capped block grant allocations; sets time limits on entitlements and cash assistance to welfare recipients; requires most welfare recipients to engage in job activities (this includes work experience, community service, job training, vocational education); changes the disability definitions for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for children who apply; mandates states to establish methods to enforce collection of unpaid parental child support; denies many legal immigrants from collecting SSI and food stamps; consolidates all child care programs into the Child Care and Development Block Grant, and changes foodstamp recertification requirements.
source

Are you aware of this? I ask because often people on this board complain about things that,according to the above are simple NO LONGER TRUE.

Here's what happened since WELFARE REFORM:

welfare rolls (the number of people receiving payments) dropped significantly (57%)

Substantially larger declines in welfare rolls were posted by many states, and even big city-dominated Illinois achieved an 86% reduction in welfare recipients

source

And FYI, those reforms were reauthorized in Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, too.

Were you aware of that?

Now I am STILL looking for the actual money spend on WELFARE.

I'm reasonable certain its HIGHER than a quarter billion dollars, but cannot find the amounts we spent in 2007.

Any help any of you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

It is within my opinion that Obama cannot deliver all the cuts he is proposing. We are in serious debt he is introducing new spending. That is a oxymoron.

Obama is making false promises. We owe we owe we owe wake up. Spread the wealth might mean Obama will give part of your wealth to the government so he can spend spend spend on whatever his heart desires.

Another point I want to make to you. The majority of the media is making Obama a sweetheart. I did not say ALL. The media is after ratings they are rating whores. They know supporting Obama is stirring the pot of ratings.

But just wait it will be like leading the lamb to slaughter. IF Obama is elected they will eat him for breakfast. The media will come in for the kill. Every move he makes every breath he takes they are going to climb him like you cannot believe. That is of course he manages to get them censored. Mark my words. They have crucified every president we have ever have. They will really go after Obama. I think in another post I made we all agree Obama is just a man and he WILL make MISTAKES he already has. They will be there to intensify that.

By the way we are in Syria now. Syria is not happy about this. This war in the middle east is not going to end anytime soon if anything it could get way worse. Obama has NO experience in foreign policy or war. Joe Biden is half you know what. Obama does NOT have the experience this county needs and I think we all know it. We may not like ALL of what McCain is about but he is the better of the two choices and I think we all know that.

I think some of us just want to hang our hopes and dreams on a paper moon and that is what Obama is saying he can deliver he cannot don't we all know that deep down?

Its obvious youve managed to rub those last two brain cells of yours together to manage to eek out this meaningless stream of conscience. Though, I am sure you meant well.. I'm affraid there really is nothing to work with here...

So... how is this wealth spread? Can you please explain how our tax scale [that mac approves of btw] is considered spreading the wealth?

Obama wants to increase taxes on those who make $250,000 oh wait it is $200,00 nope I think Biden just said it would be $150,000 that number just keeps getting smaller. Anyway if you make over say $150,000 unless of course that amount changes AGAIN you will be taxed higher while people under you will get a bogus tax cut. I still don't belive he is going to give a tax cut to anybody he just promises crap he cannot deliver.

Its obvious youve managed to rub those last two brain cells of yours together to manage to eek out this meaningless stream of conscience. Though, I am sure you meant well.. I'm affraid there really is nothing to work with here...

At least I have two left yours are completely gone. In the future I will try and slow it down to your level so you can understand. No wonder you are mesmerized by Obama poor thing.

Yeah hon, even assuming the quarter billion dollar figure is correct, that's also the 1994 numbers.

A LOT of legislature changes since then, ya know?

Like this:

On August 22, 1996 President Clinton signed into law the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, Public Law 104-193, better known as the Welfare Reform Bill.

Now what did that law do?

source

Are you aware of this? I ask because often people on this board complain about things that,according to the above are simple NO LONGER TRUE.

Here's what happened since WELFARE REFORM:

welfare rolls (the number of people receiving payments) dropped significantly (57%)

Substantially larger declines in welfare rolls were posted by many states, and even big city-dominated Illinois achieved an 86% reduction in welfare recipients

source

And FYI, those reforms were reauthorized in Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, too.

Were you aware of that?

Now I am STILL looking for the actual money spend on WELFARE.

I'm reasonable certain its HIGHER than a quarter billion dollars, but cannot find the amounts we spent in 2007.

Any help any of you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

2008 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama wants to increase taxes on those who make $250,000 oh wait it is $200,00 nope I think Biden just said it would be $150,000 that number just keeps getting smaller. Anyway if you make over say $150,000 unless of course that amount changes AGAIN you will be taxed higher while people under you will get a bogus tax cut. I still don't belive he is going to give a tax cut to anybody he just promises crap he cannot deliver.

Umm .. yeah... stupid people do fear the facts... or is that, what.. stuppy people ...

At least I have two left yours are completely gone. In the future I will try and slow it down to your level so you can understand. No wonder you are mesmerized by Obama poor thing.

Damn.. mesmerized, a three syllable word.. impressive.. now feel free to wax poetic about intelligent design...

These are the type that agree to waste miliary dollars, but ignore those in need!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For 2009, the base budget rose to US$515.4 billion, with a total of US$651.2 billion when emergency discretionary spending and supplemental spending are included.[1]

This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department budget, such as nuclear weapons research, maintenance and production (~$9.3 billion, which is in the Department of Energy budget), Veterans Affairs (~$33.2 billion) or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which are largely funded through extra-budgetary supplements, ~$170 billion in 2007) - the United States government is currently spending at the rate of approximately $1 trillion per year for all defense-related purposes. [2]

If you want to call me stupid because I support the innocents then I will be stupid all day long. Palin was voted Mayor of Alaska and then moved onto Governor in a predominately male society. Palin then moves onto being asked to run for VP all while having 5 children with one being a special needs child. Stupid I dare say not. If you think she is your intelligence might be in check. I admire Palin form not backing down on her stance against abortion. In this country if you do not believe like the libs do that makes you stupid whatever.

You think Obama cares about the little people really watch this.

YouTube - Obama's forgotten people

His answer is always gosh I just did not know. And Palin is the stupid one huh

My intelligence might be? Are you serious? She's only got a 30% approval rating with women? Even the rest of the Cons are running from her and you still think she's smart? :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Wow, we are definitely a dumb country if there are still people like you who think she's smart. Have you not listened to what she's said? And by the way, many families have 5 kids and 1 special needs kid and are working hard, why the fuck does she get credit for that? Plus, she doesn't even fucking know what the VP does! She's an idiot, plain and simple

If you want to call me stupid because I support the innocents then I will be stupid all day long. Palin was voted Mayor of Alaska and then moved onto Governor in a predominately male society. Palin then moves onto being asked to run for VP all while having 5 children with one being a special needs child. Stupid I dare say not. If you think she is your intelligence might be in check. I admire Palin form not backing down on her stance against abortion. In this country if you do not believe like the libs do that makes you stupid whatever.

You think Obama cares about the little people really watch this.

YouTube - Obama's forgotten people

His answer is always gosh I just did not know. And Palin is the stupid one huh

That was a powerful video and it's true. That's one thing Obama supporters can't face is the truth. Yes, the people in his district suffered because Obama gave Tony Rezko free reign. People were living in run down buildings, freezing in the bitter Chicago cold, while Obama lived comfortably in a nearby $1.9 million mansion. Any human would have felt for these people and had done something. All he could say is that he didn't know. That is a lie. But what a surprise (not) because he never even sent his half-brother, George in Kenya one cent even though he has to survive on less than $1 a day.

Water is to the wicked witch as truth is to Obama supporters so they say the truth is twisted or is a lie. If that doesn't work, they attack the messenger as being evil or racist.

Obama is the candidate of the uninformed. Whenever I get into a debate with a liberal, they don't even want to know about the facts. This is a true story. My husband got into a political debate with a high school science teacher (liberal) and he actually said to my husband, "All you have are facts." I laugh and cry at that statement.

So bury your heads in the sands if you want, but it would scare the heck out of me if I woke up on November 5th and found Obama as my president. God help us all. Obama and Biden: The Empty Suit and The Wind Bag -- a winning combination.

BTW, I hate the fact that women supporters are calling Sarah Palin a monster. I thought they were smarter than that. If she is so terrible, why does she have an 80% approval rating in Alaska!

Umm .. yeah... stupid people do fear the facts... or is that, what.. stuppy people ...

Definition of fact Knowledge or information based on real occurrences. Obama is not president yet. He has not made any of his campaign promises real yet therefore it is not a fact. Wake up stuppy

My intelligence might be? Are you serious? She's only got a 30% approval rating with women? Even the rest of the Cons are running from her and you still think she's smart? :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Wow, we are definitely a dumb country if there are still people like you who think she's smart. Have you not listened to what she's said? And by the way, many families have 5 kids and 1 special needs kid and are working hard, why the fuck does she get credit for that? Plus, she doesn't even fucking know what the VP does! She's an idiot, plain and simple

You talk about Governor Palin like you know her which I seriously doubt. Palin was voted mayor then Governor of Alaska with a 80% approval rating. Lots of people run for the things they do not understand. The media went out to kill her as soon as her feet hit the floor. They could not wait to shed her blood.

Of course she knows what the VP does don't be ridiculous. If Sarah cracks a joke she is stupid or at least that is what the media tries to turn it into. Let me fill you in on a secret we have complete idiots that run this country have you not noticed that yet? They have just about bankrupted this county. They just approved a $750 billion bail out for wall st. Which AGI threw theirselves a big Ole party for. Obama voted for oversight on that one wonder if he was at that party?

So if you think Palin is soooooooooo stupid she will fit in just fine with the rest of the brain dead we already have in office what is your point?

Forum List

Back