Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’

Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’

Will he put on his comfortable shoes and march with us?

Yeah, that pissed off many of us on the left. However, it's quite possible that the Secret Service would not even allow it considering all the death threats Obama receives.

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 percent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

:eusa_whistle: Ahem...BULLSHIT!!!

Watch and listen, from 3:00 on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PrVyv2wwU]Hearings on Whitehouse Party Crashers Tareq & Michaee Salahil - YouTube[/ame]

Betty White has a lot of clout.

Which she very rarely uses.

The 90-year-old actress said Friday she is very bi-partisan and has stayed away from politics all of her life. She usually never says who she is for or against because she doesn't want to turn off any of her adoring fans.

White says in this year's election, she likes what Obama has done and "how he represents us."

Betty White reveals her presidential preference

And if you can find her endorsing anybody else in in the past 82 years, please do feel free to share.

Obama-Barnard-Commencement-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Kyle Leighton

NEW YORK — On a gray day in New York City, about 600 young women gathered under tents to receive their diplomas from Barnard College, the all-female liberal arts school affiliated with Columbia University, and to hear from President Barack Obama.

And they certainly let him know they heard him — giving him multiple standing ovations and breaking into cheers and applause throughout his speech.

In a speech laced with presidential politics, President Obama told the graduates about his efforts to change the American landscape for young women. “If you’re willing to do your part now, if you’re willing to reach up and close that gap between what America is and what America should be, I want you to know that I will be right there with you,” he told the crowd.

The event was, in a way, on home turf for Obama. The crowd was frenzied from the moment Obama took the stage, and welcomed him with a standing ovation.

More: Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’ | TPM2012

Right on, Mr. President.

Yeah! Let's vote the fraud in again. Bernie Madoff only managed to steal tens of billions of dollars, this fraud is on his way to ten trillion dollars. He is a proven liar and deceiver that embraces corruption. He deserves another term!

By Kyle Leighton

NEW YORK — On a gray day in New York City, about 600 young women gathered under tents to receive their diplomas from Barnard College, the all-female liberal arts school affiliated with Columbia University, and to hear from President Barack Obama.

And they certainly let him know they heard him — giving him multiple standing ovations and breaking into cheers and applause throughout his speech.

In a speech laced with presidential politics, President Obama told the graduates about his efforts to change the American landscape for young women. “If you’re willing to do your part now, if you’re willing to reach up and close that gap between what America is and what America should be, I want you to know that I will be right there with you,” he told the crowd.

The event was, in a way, on home turf for Obama. The crowd was frenzied from the moment Obama took the stage, and welcomed him with a standing ovation.
More: Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’ | TPM2012

I guess someone forgot to tell you how he got that gig.

“Presidential Power” was a classic book published in 1960 by then Columbia professor Richard Neustadt. Neustadt defined presidential power as the “power to persuade,” and President Obama demonstrated this decisively when he asked and was invited to speak at Barnard’s graduation, bumping New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson, who graciously agreed to speak at a future date. In the same spirit, we should look forward to the day when the first woman president of the United States exerts the same power in ousting an important male public figure at a university commencement somewhere.
The White House contacted Barnard in early March at the start of an escalating debate over whether health insurance provided by institutions run by religious organizations should be required to cover contraception. This issue and the use and availability of contraceptives became a heated topic among Republican candidates in their presidential campaigns and among party leaders and pundits more broadly, with the Democrats looking to capitalize on this issue in the upcoming battle in November for the support of women voters. No doubt the White House had this in mind at the time in asking to speak at one of the world’s leading women’s colleges, where President Obama could use the occasion to emphasize women’s rights, the difficulties women still face, and the important leadership role of the next generation of women at Barnard and in the nation. As I wrote this, Rick Santorum stopped his campaign, and the latest polls showed President Obama benefitting from potentially a larger than usual gender gap against Mitt Romney, which he will try to capitalize on further. And through the media’s national coverage of his Barnard commencement speech, Obama could attempt to appeal to young adults more broadly, whose support was important in 2008 and which he will need again. He could also continue to press his current campaign theme of economic inequality or any new one that he wants to try out. I say “could,” because we do not know for sure what Obama will say, though any appearance at a women’s college symbolizes an appeal to gender, equality, and age, as he gives his own high-minded motivational speech to the graduates and their families.

What will Obama say?

It takes real class to turn a graduation ceremony into a personal political platform. When I was growing up my mother taught me not to ever bump a prminent woman speaker at a women's college graduation ceremony for political gain. I guess Obama was high when his grandmother talked to him about manners.

Bitter much?

Aren't you the guy professing Christianity in another thread?

Christianity is about "truth". The lies are beyond count. No documentation to prove anything he says. He attended years of schools to get his law license, only to give it up for incorrect information on an application (fraud). Yet, his worshippers still believe in him. I call it like I see them. The guy is placing the country into enormous debt with no results. Like Bernie Madoff's "investors", it will be the taxpayers left with the bill. In the mean time, the man that embraces corruption is having a blast on our dimes. I do not hate him. I wish him no physical harm. I wish the Lord would visit him and let the fraud see where that path leads, so that maybe he would turn from it, and move toward the Light.

Bitter much?

Christianity is about "truth". The lies are beyond count. No documentation to prove anything he says. He attended years of schools to get his law license, only to give it up for incorrect information on an application (fraud). Yet, his worshippers still believe in him. I call it like I see them. The guy is placing the country into enormous debt with no results. Like Bernie Madoff's "investors", it will be the taxpayers left with the bill. In the mean time, the man that embraces corruption is having a blast on our dimes. I do not hate him. I wish him no physical harm. I wish the Lord would visit him and let the fraud see where that path leads, so that maybe he would turn from it, and move toward the Light.

He's a Christian, too. Maybe you should focus more on the beam in your own eye.

So, Obama got several standing ovations from a bunch of liberal arts majors, daughters of the rich, and limousine liberals?

Here's my shocked face: :eek:

Bitter much?

He's a Christian, too. Maybe you should focus more on the beam in your own eye.
I seriously doubt that he is Christian (I don't believe he worships any diety). He has no humility and no piety. Both Christian characteristics. He is proud, vain, arrogant, envious, and deceitful. It is hard to worship another when you think you are the best thing going. Sad thing, his minions (that would be YOU), feed his delusion.....

Forum List

Back