Obama to visit a mosque

What change is being effected in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter? Who dislikes the US less now? Is the world a safer place?

Change? Don't know. Hard to tell. Rarely does significant change of this nature occur in a three month window.

Who dislikes the US less now? Apparently, many people think better of the US now. I live in Europe and I see it and hear it all the time.

Is the world safer? Again, don't know.

Taking cognizance of and being sensitive to your audience doesn't solve all problems, but it doesn't hurt either. I would think that isn't a terribly controversial idea.

It's almost a foregone consensus among the experts on Islamic fundamentalism that no one western democracy can influence the jihadi mindset. That must be done by moderate Muslims who follow the Qu'ran's doctrines as a whole, and don't use the cherry picked 111 verses out of the 6,346 as being their only guidance. When Obama speaks to the Muslim world this week, THOSE are the people he wants to reach and encourage. Even George Bush said many times that we are not at war with Islam.

Take religion out of our world, and we would get along just fine.

Seriously? :lol: Now, that's funny.

and why is that funny? More people have been killed in the name of religion, BY FAR, then any disease in the history of man! People use the names of Abraham, Mohammed, and Jesus to kill, persecute, and comply with some personal agenda(or in Catholic Priests case, little boys). Just listen to Dave - the JEW - complaining that Obama is going to a mosque purely based on HIS beliefs. Complete stupid bs that helps continue that conflict and allow more people to continue to die.

Hey, the Israeli Palestinian conflict is as much Israel's fault as Hamas and a lot of innocent people are caught in the middle. Hey Dave, I didn't hear you bitching during the past 50 years when we basically gave you the best military ever assembled in a short period of time, but now you're bitching about this? You only have Israel because of the American support so if I were you I'd shut the fuck up if maybe, just maybe, Obama is trying to quell American hatred in the Middle East by going to a mosque. Hell, that only HELPS Israel.

Organized Religion = the worst thing man ever created

Can we take everything out of the world that anyone has supposedly killed "in the name of?"

How would we do that?

Kill the people who would stop us from taking it out of the world?

What change is being effected in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter? Who dislikes the US less now? Is the world a safer place?

Change? Don't know. Hard to tell. Rarely does significant change of this nature occur in a three month window.

Who dislikes the US less now? Apparently, many people think better of the US now. I live in Europe and I see it and hear it all the time.

Taking cognizance of and being sensitive to your audience doesn't solve all problems, but it doesn't hurt either. I would think that isn't a terribly controversial idea.

It's almost a foregone consensus among the experts on Islamic fundamentalism that no one western democracy can influence the jihadi mindset. That must be done by moderate Muslims who follow the Qu'ran's doctrines as a whole, and don't use the cherry picked 111 verses out of the 6,346 as being their only guidance. When Obama speaks to the Muslim world this week, THOSE are the people he wants to reach and encourage. Even George Bush said many times that we are not at war with Islam.

Would that be the same Bush that thought Sunni and shia were different types of Iraqi rugs?

Nice to know Islam's "moderates" are as worthless as ours.

Take religion out of our world, and we would get along just fine.

Seriously? :lol: Now, that's funny.

and why is that funny? More people have been killed in the name of religion, BY FAR, then any disease in the history of man! People use the names of Abraham, Mohammed, and Jesus to kill, persecute, and comply with some personal agenda(or in Catholic Priests case, little boys). Just listen to Dave - the JEW - complaining that Obama is going to a mosque purely based on HIS beliefs. Complete stupid bs that helps continue that conflict and allow more people to continue to die.

Hey, the Israeli Palestinian conflict is as much Israel's fault as Hamas and a lot of innocent people are caught in the middle. Hey Dave, I didn't hear you bitching during the past 50 years when we basically gave you the best military ever assembled in a short period of time, but now you're bitching about this? You only have Israel because of the American support so if I were you I'd shut the fuck up if maybe, just maybe, Obama is trying to quell American hatred in the Middle East by going to a mosque. Hell, that only HELPS Israel.

Organized Religion = the worst thing man ever created

And if they didn't use religion as their excuse, they'd find something else. Communism sure didn't have any problem killig millions without using religion as a reason. To be naive enough to think that there would be no killing or war w/o religion is like believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. It's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back